Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 29 Sep 2013 (Sunday) 18:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Print a large amount of photos???

tbsguy18
230 posts
Joined May 2012

Sep 29, 2013 18:57 |  #1

My girlfriend recently decided she wanted to have hard copies of a large amount of photos she has collected over the years...All digital photos that have been collected off Facebook and various SD cards. Stuff from college, our daughter, vacations, etc...After going thru and organizing all these digital photos, there are close to 3,500. Is there any companies out there where you could send in or drop off a flash drive and have them all printed off? Uploading to shutterfly has been somewhat a pain she said. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gripped Canon 60D 50 f/1.8---17-50 f/2.8---70-200 f/4 L

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2013 20:00 |  #2

Costco has good printing prices, I just don't know who would want to have 3,500 photos "dropped off" at once!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

JLRplsFL
20 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Sep 29, 2013 20:57 |  #3

This is how my family handled printing multiples of eighty years of photos... and much more economical.

http://www.mypublisher​.com/products/photoboo​ks (external link)

James/Louis
5D Mark lll w/BG-E11
24-105mm f/4L, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L
600EX-RT w/Harbor Digital XT Extender

jra
Cream of the Crop
6,568 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Sep 30, 2013 09:40 |  #4

What does she plan on doing with the 3500 prints? Is she planning on putting them in albums or is it just for archiving the photos (as in they will go into a box and be stashed away)?

tbsguy18
THREAD ­ STARTER
230 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 02, 2013 12:18 |  #5

jra wrote in post #16335440 (external link)
What does she plan on doing with the 3500 prints? Is she planning on putting them in albums or is it just for archiving the photos (as in they will go into a box and be stashed away)?

I've found it best not to question her logic with stuff like this...:)
I doubt she'll print that many photos anyway, but even if it was only a thousand photos, that's still too many. I understand filing some away into actual albums, but the rest seem at home online where anyone who would want to see them already have access. I don't know what her plan is....

Gripped Canon 60D 50 f/1.8---17-50 f/2.8---70-200 f/4 L

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 02, 2013 12:42 |  #6

That's a huge stack of paper! I'd suggest one of the nice electronic slideshow frames to her instead. For what that many prints would cost she can get several in different sizes to place in different areas too.

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

Shake ­ N ­ Vac
520 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 03, 2013 08:05 |  #7

Have you considered a photobook? I scanned and printed my parents entire photo album collection (around 2000 photos) last year as a Christmas present and put together a photobook with up to 20 on a page which made it much easier to look through so many. Not sure how well they are rated photobook wise but it was a company called Hoffmann I went with as they did 70% off your first order. Got a huge photobook for a bargain price and as far as I can tell pretty good quiality.

Canon 6D / Canon 70-200 IS ii / Sigma 100 Macro f2.8 / 50mm f1.8
www.sm-wedding-photography.co.uk (external link)

sponsored links

1,181 views & 0 likes for this thread
Print a large amount of photos???
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.