Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 15 Jan 2011 (Saturday) 17:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Want to make website

Hostetler22
25 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 15, 2011 17:09 |  #1

Im looking for a place to create a website for my photography. I have looked at soo many places but i guess i just dont know what the good ones are. Any help???  :p:p

sponsored links
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,337 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 15, 2011 21:01 |  #2

Are you going to create your own website or do you want to use a pre made (template) web site for photographers? bludomain.com has some really nice templates for photographers. And they can host your site if you want.

Here are some of the features from one of their $100 site packages...

3 gallery sections, with up to 6 galleries
4 text sections each with option for drop menu, stand-alone or navigation arrow
unlimited proofing galleries - supports multiple galleries per client
shopping cart - supported in all galleries
one song per gallery
one unlimited featured gallery section
site accent colors can be set per image
optional video feature
optional html
optional iphone feature
option for image background
ability to add facebook and twitter icon links
shopping cart features: pricing options per gallery and per image (retail-friendly)
shopping cart order details that are saved in cart (not the site) if exited
shopping cart in all galleries
watermark in all galleries
shopping cart can be enabled for individual proofing galleries
new and improved bulk image, video, and music uploader
slideshow intervals for homepage, galleries, and proofing galleries can be set independently
site comes with default fonts that you can select from for the section titles, default logo, menu buttons and main content
interface scales with browser
you can set the max size for the images
font size for main site elements can be adjusted
font used for title: helvetica neue condensed black
font used for menu/content: helvetica neue
NOTE: the shopping cart is NOT on the HTML add-on

There are other sites like bludomain but bludomain is pretty popular by me. Check them out. I built my own page but I am considering changing to this one. They have a really nice layout compared to mine.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

bedojo
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 16, 2011 00:07 |  #3

i assume you have light room? with light room there is built in ones, or you can buy ttg pages for 25bucks and get a domain for 12/year from godady and have them host it for like 4 bucks a month or something like that
http://terrywhitephoto​graphy.com/ (external link)
this website was made with ttgpages, 25 bucks and built in free gallerys from lightroom, he may of bought auto index also not sure but it like 15 bucks or something( for the videos)

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

Organic ­ Treats
Goldmember
1,012 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 16, 2011 00:30 |  #4

^^Nice site. www.smugmug.com (external link) is the way to go. It's awesome.

Jeremy
www.500px.com/jeremycu​pp (external link)
www.twitter.com/jeremy​cupp (external link)
www.jeremycupp.com (external link)
http://www.youtube.com​/jeremykcupp (external link)

bedojo
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 16, 2011 02:01 |  #5

smugmug would probably be the easiest option for a good working site, then just a get domain name and there ya go, you own website :P

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

martkal44
245 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 20, 2011 09:01 |  #6

I have just set up my own website as well - kaluzaimages (external link)

I hosted with HostPapa and they give what I thought is a pretty good deal at the moment, 3 years for around £135 (the £3.95 per month I think it was but you have to do it for 3 years) All in all, works out around £135.

Thats free setup, a free domain name for like, unlimited bandwith etc etc etc.

Im not saying go with HostPapa but you should check it out. They also give ou Soholaunch so you can build the website but I think that program is pretty poor and instead purchased Webplus x4. I think its cracking. Easy to use and understand with plenty of tutorials on the internet.

Oh and you get $50 free facebook advertising with HostPapa.

Also I think I heard Webplus x4 offer 18 months free hosting if you buy their product, but I hosted with HostPapa already before I knew of this.

iTunes Series CodEye - CodEye (external link)
CodEye on YouTube - CodEye (external link)
Golf Course & Event Photography - www.kaluzaimages.com (external link)
Other Photography - http://www.facebook.co​m/martinkaluzaphotogra​phy (external link)

oceanbeast
494 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 20, 2011 10:28 as a reply to  @ martkal44's post |  #7

wow... ive spent so much time writing up an html site and cracking my head about how to create a nice gallery. these sites are worth more than their weight in gold :( i wish i would have known sooner.

joelom
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 20, 2011 14:47 |  #8

phydoux wrote in post #11649099 (external link)
Are you going to create your own website or do you want to use a pre made (template) web site for photographers? bludomain.com has some really nice templates for photographers. And they can host your site if you want.

Here are some of the features from one of their $100 site packages...

3 gallery sections, with up to 6 galleries
4 text sections each with option for drop menu, stand-alone or navigation arrow
unlimited proofing galleries - supports multiple galleries per client
shopping cart - supported in all galleries
one song per gallery
one unlimited featured gallery section
site accent colors can be set per image
optional video feature
optional html
optional iphone feature
option for image background
ability to add facebook and twitter icon links
shopping cart features: pricing options per gallery and per image (retail-friendly)
shopping cart order details that are saved in cart (not the site) if exited
shopping cart in all galleries
watermark in all galleries
shopping cart can be enabled for individual proofing galleries
new and improved bulk image, video, and music uploader
slideshow intervals for homepage, galleries, and proofing galleries can be set independently
site comes with default fonts that you can select from for the section titles, default logo, menu buttons and main content
interface scales with browser
you can set the max size for the images
font size for main site elements can be adjusted
font used for title: helvetica neue condensed black
font used for menu/content: helvetica neue
NOTE: the shopping cart is NOT on the HTML add-on

There are other sites like bludomain but bludomain is pretty popular by me. Check them out. I built my own page but I am considering changing to this one. They have a really nice layout compared to mine.

pretty amazing layouts.

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,337 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 20, 2011 17:26 |  #9

Ya, I figure if I ever start making REAL money doing photography, this is what I'll have.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

teaco
881 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 29, 2013 23:33 |  #10

martkal44 wrote in post #11678151 (external link)
I have just set up my own website as well - kaluzaimages (external link)

I hosted with HostPapa and they give what I thought is a pretty good deal at the moment, 3 years for around £135 (the £3.95 per month I think it was but you have to do it for 3 years) All in all, works out around £135.

Thats free setup, a free domain name for like, unlimited bandwith etc etc etc.

Im not saying go with HostPapa but you should check it out. They also give ou Soholaunch so you can build the website but I think that program is pretty poor and instead purchased Webplus x4. I think its cracking. Easy to use and understand with plenty of tutorials on the internet.

Oh and you get $50 free facebook advertising with HostPapa.

Also I think I heard Webplus x4 offer 18 months free hosting if you buy their product, but I hosted with HostPapa already before I knew of this.

On my experience with hostpapa, i would say avoid them. I have had probs with them including:
-2 hacked website
-email placed on blacklist due to mistake with someone else's website generating spam (same web ip address)
-Websites (and associated email accounts) suspended without warning. Took 3 days to resolve, and there was no emails telling me why until the 3rd day. Turned out they think i was violating a term by backing up my blog. Wow... my business on hold for 3 days for generating a 50 mb back-up file. Thanks hostpapa....

facebook (external link)
blog (external link)
website (external link)

sponsored links

1,984 views & 0 likes for this thread
Want to make website
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.