Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Oct 2013 (Thursday) 18:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

autofocus points???

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 03, 2013 21:48 |  #16

genesimmons wrote in post #16344633 (external link)
awsome,thanx for the info,so the 7d is quite abit older than the 6d and others with sd,i didnt know that cf was a faster format for read/write

The 6D is a full frame camera, the 7D is a smaller sensor like your 60D. That is the major reason for the price difference.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

sponsored links
genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 03, 2013 22:19 |  #17

Keyan wrote in post #16344643 (external link)
The 6D is a full frame camera, the 7D is a smaller sensor like your 60D. That is the major reason for the price difference.

ok so if the 6d was a crop and put side by side the specs on the 7d are much beter so is it fair to say with the 6d u are gaining full frame but lacking spec for spec of its brother the 7d.not to start a 6d 7d war but is it fair to say the 7d is on spec a better unit,i only ask as i may upgrade in the future and if i was to upgrade today it would be to one of those models.

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

CanongLass
112 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 03, 2013 23:14 as a reply to  @ genesimmons's post |  #18

Another difference is that the 7d is using dual processors and one specifically for focusing. The faster startup and cross type focus points make it better for quick sports focusing. 6d is better in my opinion with portraits. Both are awesome cameras but different strengths.

kfreels
Goldmember
4,297 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 04, 2013 00:46 |  #19

At the time the 7D came out, most SD cards simply could not be written to fast enough to dump 25MB RAW files out of the buffer fast enough to keep up with the 8fps on the camera.An SD card at the time woudl have taken way too long to clear the buffer to make 8fps really usable. Also, 30fps video requires a fast card as well.
Recently the SD cards have caught up in the speed area.

I was really skeptical about CF cards when I moved to the 7D from my rebel but now I have no desire to return. I like the size a lot better. It feels more solid and they are easier to keep track of. I put a CF reader into my desktop machine so I just pop the card out of the camera and into the computer. I have a USB reader for my laptop that works just fine.

I am serious....and don't call me Shirley.
Canon 7D and a bunch of other stuff

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,265 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 04, 2013 01:43 |  #20

John from PA wrote in post #16344577 (external link)
OP, I don't know about others, but your use of texting makes it very difficult to read your original problem statement. The lack of capitals to begin a sentence, and no spacing before a new sentence also don't help.

Best reply the OP got in this thread. I gave up fully understanding the question in the original post.

Anders

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 04, 2013 05:03 |  #21

John from PA wrote in post #16344577 (external link)
OP, I don't know about others, but your use of texting makes it very difficult to read your original problem statement. The lack of capitals to begin a sentence, and no spacing before a new sentence also don't help.

Yeah, I gave up as well.

BTW - Gene, your rendition of the American National Anthem at Wembley on Sunday was dire.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

MotorPro
30 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Oct 04, 2013 06:27 |  #22

I thought this was a photography forum not an English class.

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 06:30 |  #23

apersson850 wrote in post #16344990 (external link)
Best reply the OP got in this thread. I gave up fully understanding the question in the original post.

i appologize for the grammar but it must not be that bad,i received plenty of great answers to my questions and cleared up alot of grey areas,thanx for all repliess

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 06:31 |  #24

MotorPro wrote in post #16345217 (external link)

thank u very much:)

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 04, 2013 07:29 |  #25

MotorPro wrote in post #16345217 (external link)

It is a 'Forum' - a meeting or site for the communication of ideas and views. Note that word - 'communication'.

The reason there are 'rules' about written English is not just so that pedants can have fun correcting those who can't follow the rules. They've developed over the centuries as a way of making written communication easier to follow.

The use of proper sentences and capitalisation makes it a lot easier for the reader to follow what's being said. If the writer can't be bothered to make their written message easy to read then they shouldn't be surprised if readers can't be bothered to put extra effort into reading what they've writ.

Two of those who posted that they couldn't be bothered are two of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this forum. Who knows how many others just gave up trying to interpret the posting without mentioning why.

But in the end it's up to the poster. They can put a little tiny bit of effort into posting something readable. Or they can accept the fact that some people won't be bothered, will ignore that post and, if they're like me, add the poster to their 'Ignore' list.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,265 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 04, 2013 07:40 as a reply to  @ hollis_f's post |  #26

Exactly. And expecially for us who aren't native English speakers, it just makes it worse to follow. It's all about respect for others - express yourself in a reasonably proper way.

So yes, this is a photography forum, but it uses English as a communication channel. So let's go by the English class as good as we can, please. It's not too hard to capitalize the first letter in a sentence - most keyboards have two shift keys. And to make a space after period and comma - the space key is the biggest of them all.

Anders

Preeb
Goldmember
2,645 posts
Gallery: 133 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 04, 2013 08:23 |  #27

apersson850 wrote in post #16345303 (external link)
Exactly. And expecially for us who aren't native English speakers, it just makes it worse to follow. It's all about respect for others - express yourself in a reasonably proper way.

So yes, this is a photography forum, but it uses English as a communication channel. So let's go by the English class as good as we can, please. It's not too hard to capitalize the first letter in a sentence - most keyboards have two shift keys. And to make a space after period and comma - the space key is the biggest of them all.

Reason #1 for it is this ^^. This is a very international forum, and not all are equal in their comprehension of English. For those of us who are proficient in the language, it is our responsibility to make our posts as easy as possible to read and understand.

It also demonstrates that we actually attended class and paid attention to what was being taught. When I see this sort of texting shorthand, my first thought is that the person is simply too lazy to be bothered with using proper communication skills. :rolleyes:

Rick
6D Mark II - EF 17-40 f4 L -- EF 100mm f2.8 L IS Macro -- EF 70-200 f4 L IS w/1.4 II TC

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 12:32 |  #28

ok ill keep an eye on the grammar,thanx all for the replies,answered allot of questions.

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 04, 2013 12:41 |  #29

genesimmons wrote in post #16345943 (external link)
ok ill keep an eye on the grammar

Gene, just have common courtesy to fellow POTN members!

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 12:52 |  #30

Lbsimon wrote in post #16345966 (external link)
Gene, just have common courtesy to fellow POTN members!

what more do u want,i thanked all the replies and said i will keep an eye on the grammar:p

sponsored links

5,616 views & 0 likes for this thread
autofocus points???
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.