Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Oct 2013 (Wednesday) 20:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 6D Refurb at Adorama

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,137 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Oct 04, 2013 11:13 |  #16

01erionracing wrote in post #16345425 (external link)
Some do and some don't.

Well, Canon doesn't make different versions of the 6D do they? So if not, how could a grey market one not have a feature? Grey market just means its a camera sold in a different company with a different warranty term then where the new owner might be, thus complicating the warranty period, or voiding it completely.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links
M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 04, 2013 11:23 |  #17

I believe they do make two versions of the 6D. One with wifi/GPS and one without. (external link) Even the manuals cover both the wifi/GPS version (WG) and non-wifi/GPS (N).

6D Manuals (external link)

Mark J.
Gear

jrscls
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,066 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 04, 2013 11:57 |  #18

Back to the original topic- my Canon 6D refurbished body from Adorama came today. It arrived in a sealed Canon refurbished box with all of the accessories, and everything looks new. Getting ready to test it out.

One thing that Adorama needs to correct- they list a 90-day Adorama warranty, when in fact it comes with a Canon USA 1-year warranty in the box. This is likely since Canon recently changed their refurb warranty.

Sony A7 III, Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-180mm f/2.8, Samyang 35mm f/1.8, 75mm f/1.8, Flashpoint flashes

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 04, 2013 12:27 |  #19

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,137 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Oct 04, 2013 12:38 |  #20

M_Six wrote in post #16345775 (external link)
I believe they do make two versions of the 6D. One with wifi/GPS and one without. (external link) Even the manuals cover both the wifi/GPS version (WG) and non-wifi/GPS (N).

6D Manuals (external link)

But that doesn't make either one a grey market, even if that is true. Grey market means selling a camera that sold in one region of the world to someone in a different region, and thus you cannot carry over the warranty. Basically in a nutshell, "grey market means you may not have any warranty to rely on". Just to clear this up with a few other members that have posted on this subject...

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sbkanut
464 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 04, 2013 16:02 |  #21

Thank you for the clarification, and finding out that Canon puts a 1-year warranty on these too makes this very tempting...UGH... I'm just wondering if I were a bit more patient if I could save a bit more. I don't know if I should bite or not. Such decisions!

Facebook (external link)

psram
93 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 04, 2013 16:25 |  #22

jrscls wrote in post #16345866 (external link)
One thing that Adorama needs to correct- they list a 90-day Adorama warranty, when in fact it comes with a Canon USA 1-year warranty in the box. This is likely since Canon recently changed their refurb warranty.

Thanks for this information.

yimoon2
41 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 05, 2013 01:28 |  #23

Dsick wrote in post #16344352 (external link)
Gray market don't have Wifi, no warranty, and sold by bigvalueinc...i would not do business with them.

A refurbished camera is basically a new camera with a few shutter count, mostly from people testing out the camera then returning it.

Are you sure? Mine bought from bigvalueinc has wifi.

In my understanding, non-wifi version is extremely rare and it is designed only for some countries which restrict the use of wifi.

Is there anyone who has a non-wifi 6D?

Arutemu
Goldmember
2,970 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 05, 2013 18:33 |  #24

yimoon2 wrote in post #16347335 (external link)
In my understanding, non-wifi version is extremely rare and it is designed only for some countries which restrict the use of wifi.

That is my understanding too. 6D without WiFi must have been intended for countries where the use of WiFi is limited by the law. Gray market does not automatically mean lack of WiFi.

However, the danger is that when you buy a gray market item, there is a danger that you will receive one of those bodies. It's a risk.

住めば/external linkFlickrexternal link
GEAR / FEEDBACK

HelenOster
That's me!
4,560 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 06, 2013 08:33 |  #25

jrscls wrote in post #16345866 (external link)

We had a problem in that we were offering a 12-month return-to-Canon warranty as per Canon, but we were aware that the card inside the boxes (which we aren't permitted to open) stated it was only a 90-day warranty.
This meant we couldn't state on the website that it was a year......

So - if I understand correctly, you had a Canon refurb from us recently with a 12-month warranty card in the box?

If anyone else has had one with a 90-day warranty card, it'd be good to know

HelenOster
That's me!
4,560 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 06, 2013 10:05 |  #26

Arutemu wrote in post #16345057 (external link)
Is that the case with all the gray market 6D bodies? I have also read here on the forum, that some of the 'gray' bodies they got were US models with warranties.

Any direct import ('grey market') lenses sold by Adorama will be clearly marked, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly should you have any concerns regarding a specific listing.

We don't sell "imported" camera bodies. Anyone in the US selling an "imported" body is not an authorized reseller.

For, I think, about the past 10 years, the policy of Canon USA has been to honor their warranty for any unit sold though an authorized Canon reseller, whether it has been imported by an authorized agent or is direct import. [BUT, not all Canon subsidiaries follow this, eg Canon UK won't currently service a direct import unit].

All the customer requires is the original, dated receipt to verify the reseller and the date of sale – apparently you don't even need the warranty card - and even if you do have the warranty card, you will still have to provide the receipt!

Some consumers believe that the only practical reason to buy a USA warranted lens is if you think you may require warranty service outside the USA.

On grey market lenses, Adorama provides a warranty which is identical to the terms of manufacturer's warranty, but the length of the warranty is equal to the length of the manufacturer's warranty - or a year, whichever is less.

Equipment classified as USA, from an authorized dealer in the United States, will be eligible for Canon warranty service (almost) anywhere in the world.

jrscls
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,066 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 06, 2013 20:25 |  #27

HelenOster wrote in post #16349698 (external link)
So - if I understand correctly, you had a Canon refurb from us recently with a 12-month warranty card in the box?

Yes, I ordered a 6D refurb from Adorama last week. Included in the Canon sealed box was a 8.5 X 11 paper titled "Canon USA Inc. Refubished Product Limited Warranty (USA Only). The terms and conditions are listed underneath, which span on the back of the paper. This also coincides with Canon's recent change to a 1-year warranty on their refurbs.

Sony A7 III, Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-180mm f/2.8, Samyang 35mm f/1.8, 75mm f/1.8, Flashpoint flashes

HelenOster
That's me!
4,560 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 07, 2013 06:00 |  #28

jrscls wrote in post #16351289 (external link)
Yes, I ordered a 6D refurb from Adorama last week. Included in the Canon sealed box was a 8.5 X 11 paper titled "Canon USA Inc. Refubished Product Limited Warranty (USA Only). The terms and conditions are listed underneath, which span on the back of the paper. This also coincides with Canon's recent change to a 1-year warranty on their refurbs.

Sounds as though we may have got through our old stock - of 60Ds, at least.

As soon as I have clarification that they've all gone, we can update our website.

Thanks so much for the heads up!

iadubber
Goldmember
1,452 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 07, 2013 06:56 |  #29

HelenOster wrote in post #16352062 (external link)
Sounds as though we may have got through our old stock - of 60Ds, at least.

As soon as I have clarification that they've all gone, we can update our website.

Thanks so much for the heads up!

Any timeframe when the 6D refurb might be back in stock?

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,560 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 07, 2013 07:04 |  #30

iadubber wrote in post #16352143 (external link)
Any timeframe when the 6D refurb might be back in stock?

Will check with purchasing department whether they have any ETA from Canon

sponsored links

3,148 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 6D Refurb at Adorama
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.