Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 05 Oct 2013 (Saturday) 22:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Chroma Key

solidrockk
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Oct 2013

Oct 05, 2013 22:00 |  #1

What is a good software for chroma key? I have been having trouble with chroma key I bought photokey 6 pro but I just dont like it.

sponsored links
Kolor-Pikker
Goldmember
2,790 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 06, 2013 03:41 |  #2

Assuming the shot itself is well done; good background color saturation, no spillage, even lighting, etc. the actual key itself should be easy enough to do even using Photoshop's own tools.

If you're having trouble with chroma key, chances are the problem isn't with the software, but I don't know your specific case, so all I can offer is general advice.

5DmkII | 24-70 f/2.8L II | Pentax 645Z | 55/2.8 SDM | 120/4 Macro | 150/2.8 IF
I acquired an expensive camera so I can hang out in forums, annoy wedding photographers during formals and look down on P&S users... all the while telling people it's the photographer, not the camera.

PhotosGuy
75,885 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Oct 06, 2013 12:49 |  #3

Green backdrop

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 07, 2013 14:47 |  #4

Photoshopgreenscreen.c​om

They have a free plugin that does absolutely wonders. Going to purchase the Pro version as soon as I can.

RapGame
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 16:55 as a reply to  @ Shooting's post |  #5

I strongly recommend you
FX Home's PhotoKey 6 (external link)
I've been using Photokey 4, 5 and 6 for the last 2 years editing over 10000 green screens, even if your green background is not perfect with some practice this software can make wonders :)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,420 posts
Gallery: 217 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 11, 2013 17:08 |  #6

What don't you like about Photokey?

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

RapGame
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 12, 2013 07:14 |  #7

The only thing that is not working exactly like I want for my needs is: Multiple backgrounds Export, it's exporting with the background names not with picture names which is difficult for my line of work :) hopefully in new versions they will improve more the multiple backgrounds.
The rest for me has been heaven since I've discovered them.
Before I was using Photoshop actions and was a pain in the ass if green screen background wasn't lit equally :)

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 13, 2013 13:48 |  #8

I use photokey 6 as well.

My usage is for event photos. I give people a choice of backgrounds and packages of various sizes as well as digital option.

I have templates setup for each background and size. Photographer is tethered, takes the shot and writes the number on the envelope. Person doing processing opens the size/background template then drags the image in. Software does the merge. Typically nothing needs any adjustment but can be done at that time. Click the print button, click the email button if they bought a digital copy and done.

Did an event a couple of week ago where we shot about 300 couples. One photographer, two people processing. Processing lagged about 45 minutes behind. We kept overloading the print queue.

For event work like that photokey works great.

There is another program I have used called printripper that works similar. It is designed for quick package printing. Both companies offer trial downloads.

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

sponsored links

1,318 views & 0 likes for this thread
Chroma Key
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.