Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 10:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:40 |  #2701

sigma pi wrote in post #16363180 (external link)
Then I get to throw it in your face and tell you that you got ripped off and you defended a moot point? :lol: Not worth it to me. Look man you paid too much you are butt hurt I get it. Did you order one from amazon for this price?

Should I forward you the "your order has been shipped" email?

So you are saying the flash is a POS?

Sigma Pi, for some reason I can't resist impression that you keep visiting this thread only to bash on product/vendor. Am I incorrect in my impression?

In any case, listen man, I was not born yesterday. When I made my pre-order from CheetahStand it was a conscious decision. I fully knew I could have _maybe_ gotten it cheaper elsewhere but I am always willing to pay extra to get warranty and customer service. Some people roll the dice and buy the stuff without warranty. Some end up getting good deal, majority ends up getting bent over and holding tight to ankles while it's hurting. Me personally, I don't buy stuff that is important to me without warranty and from vendor that will do a disappearing act once you need him. That's just me. Not everybody is me and not everybody is you. I will never try to convince people my way is the only way, and you shouldn't kid yourself that your way is only smart way either.

sponsored links
ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:46 |  #2702

Landcruiser wrote in post #16363294 (external link)
No need for it. They turn on or off, and go up or down. You won't need a .pdf manual for the flip.

Hey, for some people figuring out how to operate extremely simple flash without instructions is very hard to do, so we shouldn't be surprised rest of their posts is too lacking in common sense.

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:48 |  #2703

mmmfotografie wrote in post #16362844 (external link)
I don't have to put a speedlight in a parabolic reflector I can use it just like it is.

bw!

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:49 |  #2704

[QUOTE=sigma pi;16363209]

Landcruiser wrote in post #16363192 (external link)
:lol: Actually I am not going to use them.

Yup, based on your photostream you don't have a need for them.

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:51 |  #2705

Whortleberry wrote in post #16363735 (external link)
[LIST=1]
  • Crystal clear, ultra-simple instructions & subsequent use. Not that these are needed though, almost impossible to go wrong.
  • Never underestimate the comprehensive (dis)abilities of sigma pi.

ZoranC
    285 posts
    Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:53 |  #2706

silvrbullet wrote in post #16363847 (external link)
    I received my replacement CL-180 today, aprox 24 hours since talking to Edward about it. Now that is customer service!

Yup! Now tell us honestly how you feel, would you buy again from Edward at his price or you would roll the dice for cheaper across the ocean?

ZoranC
    285 posts
    Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2013 23:59 |  #2707

sigma pi wrote in post #16363879 (external link)
    are these breaking a lot?

Do you expect he can answer such nonsense question? How? Do you think he owns thousands of them to be able to answer it?

If you want to answer your own question just notice how many have been sold, how many owners there is in this thread alone, and that there was only one report of issue in approximately 7 months that these have been on the market. Only one. Does that constitute "a lot"?

ZoranC
    285 posts
    Joined Nov 2008

Oct 12, 2013 00:02 |  #2708

silvrbullet wrote in post #16363893 (external link)
    ... currently I'm in between jobs :( .

I hope things work out for you. FWIW, I feel you have very good work in your photostream.

tongki
    439 posts
    Joined Oct 2009

Oct 12, 2013 00:25 |  #2709

wonderfull results, Jesus, I like it !

EOS 70D x 2 units + EOS 7D mark II x3 units
    Newton FR3, Newton modified bracket, EF 17-40mm x4,EF 24-70mm f/2.8 x2, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 x2
    Quantum Trio x2, T5D-R x1 + FW7Q x1, CoPilot x2, Godox AD-180 x5
    Propac PB960 head x12, PB960 battery x10
    sorry, no stupid speedlite from Canon !

mmmfotografie
    hanging up-side-down in a cave
    2,114 posts
    Joined Jul 2013

Oct 12, 2013 04:35 |  #2710

ZoranC wrote in post #16364559 (external link)
    bw!

I am affraid you missing some insight on this. I already elaborated on this.

mmmfotografie
    2,114 posts
    Joined Jul 2013

Oct 12, 2013 04:38 |  #2711

ZoranC wrote in post #16364554 (external link)
    Hey, for some people figuring out how to operate extremely simple flash without instructions is very hard to do, so we shouldn't be surprised rest of their posts is too lacking in common sense.

WOW

mmmfotografie
    2,114 posts
    Joined Jul 2013

Oct 12, 2013 04:45 |  #2712

Whortleberry wrote in post #16363735 (external link)

1. Crystal clear, ultra-simple instructions & subsequent use. Not that these are needed though, almost impossible to go wrong.
    2. Don't weigh a ton - multiple units very easily portable even for folks with walking difficulties.
    3. Don't break the Bank buying them.
    4. Expanding range of useful accessories at a sensible price - e.g. not mega-$$$$$ for a bit of ordinary cable with 1 bog standard £1 (retail) DIN plug and 1 proprietary one.
    5. Ongoing product development based on feedback from actual users
      viz:
      • Godox 'Mushroom/Chinese Lantern' colour corrected after feedback from beta testers, prior to US launch.
      • Beauty dish sock material colour corrected after feedback - a fabric failure rather than a manufacturer defect.
      • Multi-purpose reflector diffuser attachment modified & improved for speedier placement.

6. Exemplary customer support if needed - well .... in USA anyway ;)
    7. They come in a pretty velvety bag with nice stringy things that are relaxing to pull. :p

Still open

Were can by buy the correct mushroom outside of the USA?

How do I now that I order a HSS Cells compatble for 5D MK3

Whortleberry
    Goldmember
    1,719 posts
    Joined Dec 2011

Oct 12, 2013 06:42 |  #2713

mmmfotografie wrote in post #16364793 (external link)
    (1) Where can by buy the correct mushroom outside of the USA?

(2) How do I now that I order a HSS Cells compatible for 5D MK3

Marcel:
    (1) I don't know that you can yet. As far as I'm aware, there's no marking to tell whether it's a 'before' or an 'after'. Again, as far as I'm aware, this was something which Edward Tang identified as a problem so it seems likely that he would be most reliable source of supply - pity that he doesn't ship outside the US because of carrier problems. I thought I saw one from foto-Walser a few weeks ago (no indication of before/after) - but I can't find it now, of course. C'est la vie - Dat is het leven!
    However, you could try contacting Godox Sales Dept direct - they may be able to help; I've had massive help from Lindy Huang there so it's worth asking.
    (2) At present, the Godox Cells II which you need for your EOS 5D Mk3 is marked as "Godox Cells II C". I've got one, it works on my Mk 3 beautifully. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere except from Edward but I keep looking, purely for information's sake. (Don't ask how I got one - it was totally legal, totally honest, totally tax-paid but not generally available so also totally secret)

General comments: Because of the vastly greater market size within the USA (in a single language market), gear tends to appear there before we get it in Europe. Hence, particularly with the weighting of this Forum towards the US user, we perhaps get a slightly distorted viewpoint of what's generally available.

Anything related to this particular system within Europe, I would tend to enquire through Lencarta (link) (external link) in England (but then I would, they're only about 30 miles from me and we both speak Yorkshire English :rolleyes:). However, two well-intentioned warnings here:

• Lencarta are biased towards Nikon, as they are Nikon users themselves. As such, anything strictly Canon-compatible (like the Cells IIC) are going to be fairly low on their list of priorities ast least for the present.
    • Gary, to whom you would probably speak (on the 0044 1274 xxxxx number in the link above), is a lovely guy and very knowledgeable but he LOVES to talk. Be careful on an International phone bill!!! (Last time he & I spoke, it lasted 1½ hours).

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
    FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

jmaher
    571 posts
    Gallery: 20 photos
    Joined Feb 2010

Oct 12, 2013 07:52 |  #2714

JESUS PADILLA ,

Absolutely beautiful work.

Jim

Mr ­ DOHC
    155 posts
    Joined Jul 2009

Oct 12, 2013 07:55 as a reply to  @ jmaher's post |  #2715

Woooo, just ordered 62 kits of the AD380

Can't wait :)

5Dc, Canon 28mm f1.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, 70-200mm f4L .
    2x Godox AD360s, plenty more for sale.
    Myriad Photography, Portrait and Beauty Photography (external link)
    Myriads Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

1,293,466 views & 272 likes for this thread
    A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
    FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
    AAA
    y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
    Register to forums
    Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
    Privacy policy and cookie usage info.