milleniumking wrote in post #16377264
Hi guys/gals. Lately I have not been shooting much, mostly because of work and other things. I am also finding that I am not using my 5d mark iii to its full potential. I have even thought about selling it and buying a 6d. I am not a pro by any means, just an "advanced hobbyist" to say the best. I have also downgraded a lot of my gear to its minimums (Down to 2 lenses and flash) mostly to save on weight when travelling and biking.
Does anyone else feel this way about their gear?
OP, there are numerous things you can do to build up interest in the hobby again - personally I find the 'challenge' method quite useful - try these approaches;
1) take out a single prime - ignore the location and focal length and don't take any other lenses to avoid temptation
2) shoot nothing but portrait for the day
3) shoot wide open for the day
4) produce nothing but shots for stitched panoramas
5) shoot into the sun
6) shoot a theme i.e. transport, graffiti, weather, modern history
7) shoot a concept, i.e. societal problems, opportunities, emotion
Personally I don't like the whole '365' thing - if I miss a day, I'll just feel disappointed.
I used to go out with a zoom and just take pictures of my surroundings, but after taking the mindset above, not only am I more involved with the photographic process, the shots are better and more interesting.