Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Oct 2013 (Sunday) 01:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

billingham hadley large clogball?

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 27, 2013 01:07 |  #1

My clog ball on my hadley large can turn, i'm not sure if it is suppose to do this. I've had the bag for over 2 months now but i cant remember if i have always been able to turn it or not.
Can anyone with any hadley series bag check to see if it indeed does turn and its not a problem?
Thanks guys.

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

sponsored links
xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Oct 27, 2013 01:59 |  #2

nathan549 wrote in post #16402191 (external link)
My clog ball on my hadley large can turn, i'm not sure if it is suppose to do this. I've had the bag for over 2 months now but i cant remember if i have always been able to turn it or not.
Can anyone with any hadley series bag check to see if it indeed does turn and its not a problem?
Thanks guys.

Hi Nathan,

The clogball on my Hadley Pro does not turn, but it's only seen very light use for the year or so that I've owned it.

nathan549
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 27, 2013 08:26 |  #3

xeodragon wrote in post #16402255 (external link)
Hi Nathan,

The clogball on my Hadley Pro does not turn, but it's only seen very light use for the year or so that I've owned it.

Thanks for your reply Xeodragon,

Anyone else's billingham bag do this? :confused:

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 27, 2013 23:14 |  #4

nathan549 wrote in post #16402191 (external link)
Thanks guys.

I just checked my 7 Billingham bags :oops:  :o and none of them had clogs which could be turned with my fingers. Sounds like you may have a loose one. I can't tell if they are pressed in, or screwed together prior to stiching the bag together since the backside of the clogs are between the leather pad and the bag material (i.e. the clog is fastened to the leather patch which is then sewn to the bag cover).

I would think that unless it is continuing to loosen, that it wouldn't be a real problem, and might even make it easier to insert the clog through the keyhole opening in the leather strap. I would imagine Billingham would repair it if you could get it to them.

-howard

nathan549
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 27, 2013 23:50 |  #5

hfgarris wrote in post #16404474 (external link)
I just checked my 7 Billingham bags :oops:  :o and none of them had clogs which could be turned with my fingers. Sounds like you may have a loose one. I can't tell if they are pressed in, or screwed together prior to stiching the bag together since the backside of the clogs are between the leather pad and the bag material (i.e. the clog is fastened to the leather patch which is then sewn to the bag cover).

I would think that unless it is continuing to loosen, that it wouldn't be a real problem, and might even make it easier to insert the clog through the keyhole opening in the leather strap. I would imagine Billingham would repair it if you could get it to them.

-howard

First things first...SEVEN??? i envy you so much haha!

Yeah thats what i was trying to work out if it was a screw or pressed in.
I've had so many problems with this billingham bag.
First the stitching came lose and they sent me another bag, stitching problem happened again, and they said they couldn't guarantee that the stitching problem wouldn't happen again if they sent me another new one so i ended up just sewing it up myself and now the clog ball. Can't get a break with this bag haha but it is such an amazing bag apart from these problems haha!

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 27, 2013 23:59 |  #6

nathan549 wrote in post #16404533 (external link)
First things first...SEVEN??? i envy you so much haha!

Yeah thats what i was trying to work out if it was a screw or pressed in.
I've had so many problems with this billingham bag.
First the stitching came lose and they sent me another bag, stitching problem happened again, and they said they couldn't guarantee that the stitching problem wouldn't happen again if they sent me another new one so i ended up just sewing it up myself and now the clog ball. Can't get a break with this bag haha but it is such an amazing bag apart from these problems haha!

Wow ... are you dealing directly with Billingham on this? My first reaction to your problems was that you might have received a counterfeit one (yes, they are out there), but Billingham would have noticed that right away during repair. Hopefully your are dealing with an authorized Billingham dealer.

I am very pleased with all my Billinghams, having had no problems with any of them so far.

Good luck getting yours straightened out ...

-howard

nathan549
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 28, 2013 00:56 |  #7

hfgarris wrote in post #16404551 (external link)
Wow ... are you dealing directly with Billingham on this? My first reaction to your problems was that you might have received a counterfeit one (yes, they are out there), but Billingham would have noticed that right away during repair. Hopefully your are dealing with an authorized Billingham dealer.

I am very pleased with all my Billinghams, having had no problems with any of them so far.

Good luck getting yours straightened out ...

-howard

I bought it from ebay from a seller who is an authorised dealer in korea (as far as i know). They have been very helpful in this by shipping me a new bag free of charge also giving me a shoulder pad and a luggage tally for all these problems i've been having. i'm hoping it was just a faulty batch and i get a good replacement soon!
Cause exactly like you said, a lot of people have never had a problem with them at all!
I just keep getting bad ones :mad:

Thanks for that Howard!

darrenleow
31 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 28, 2013 11:12 |  #8

Thanks for starting this thread. I checked and found my hadley large purchased in 2011 has one freely rotating clog ball. Never realised it, and it has never affected my use of the bag. Nevertheless I'm contacting Billingham directly to see if this can be repaired or replaced. Will update when I hear back/ this is resolved.

nathan549
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 29, 2013 02:01 |  #9

darrenleow wrote in post #16405445 (external link)
Thanks for starting this thread. I checked and found my hadley large purchased in 2011 has one freely rotating clog ball. Never realised it, and it has never affected my use of the bag. Nevertheless I'm contacting Billingham directly to see if this can be repaired or replaced. Will update when I hear back/ this is resolved.

Yeah i have contacted my seller and he is going to repair it!
Good thing about Billingham is they have a life time warranty

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Oct 29, 2013 04:25 |  #10

I'm not sure if a rotating clog ball is an issue, unless it continues to loosen or lets in water. That said, all clog balls on all my Billinghams are fixed - they do not rotate!

• Wedding Photographer - Sydney and Wollongong (external link)
• Borrowed Moment (blog) (external link)

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

sponsored links

1,889 views & 0 likes for this thread
billingham hadley large clogball?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.