Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 28 Oct 2013 (Monday) 14:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Olympus 35mm f2.8 Shift lens?

M1ke_a
119 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 28, 2013 14:42 |  #1

Firstly I couldn't work out where to post this Q so apols in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I was wandering through ebay UK and came across a couple of these for sale at fairly reasonable prices.

Anyone any experience with these and/or adapted Zuiko lenses in general? I keep eyeing up the 24 TSE MK2 but it's a lot of money for a lens that probably won't ever be used to earn it's keep.

The Oly on the other hand might be quite fun and my first ever SLR was an OM40.

The lens would primarily be used for shifted panos on a FF body.

Cheers

5DIII, 7D, 1D2n, 5D & 20D. Mostly L glass from 300 f4 down to 10mm fisheye.

sponsored links
johnf3f
Goldmember
4,092 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 28, 2013 19:38 |  #2

I have no experience of adapting Olympus lenses to Canon. I do use a Contax Zeiss on my 5d and 1D4 with very good results. There can be issues with shutter clearance with certain lenses - these people may be able to help:
http://leitax.com …ns-for-Canon-cameras.html (external link)

Or perhaps here:
http://www.pebbleplace​.com/Personal/Start.ht​ml (external link)

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

M1ke_a
THREAD ­ STARTER
119 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2013 02:14 |  #3

Cheers John

I hadn't come across Leitax before. Their mounts certainly aren't cheap and that makes me wonder about their product versus the cheap ones I've come across.

SamFrench
876 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 29, 2013 07:49 |  #4

The Leitax conversion mounts certainly appear to be well designed and built. I wouldn't want to risk it with anything of lesser quality.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,312 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2013 11:38 |  #5

You should not worry at all...after all, the OM Perspective Control lens has to clear its own lens mount while shifted, right?!
I own the Olympus 24mm PC lens for my Olympus film kit. Here it is with the OM-EF adapter with AF confirmation chip mounted, and all photos are shown with full lateral shift

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/Equipment/IMG_2164_zps46924ac6.jpg

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/Equipment/IMG_2163_zpsdfa17017.jpg

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/Equipment/IMG_2162_zps03db575f.jpg

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Paulowen
128 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Oct 29, 2013 12:43 as a reply to  @ Wilt's post |  #6

The biggest problem is that once you've tried the Olympus you WILL end up buying the 24mm TSEII ;)
I bought a Nikon 28mm shift lens from Ebay UK and a Novoflex adapter. Sold it a week later and bought the 24mm TSEII.
I use it as my main lens now, it makes for a super sharp 24mm but I use it most for stitched panos with my 5DII.
I also bought the ProP Solutions/Hartblei TSE adapter that allows stitching with the 24mm Canon without the worry of parallax.
My advice ... Forget the Olympus, sell a kidney and get the Canon :D

Gear? Don't want my wife seeing how much kit I've got ;)
www.iceland-photography-tours.co.uk (external link)

M1ke_a
THREAD ­ STARTER
119 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2013 14:54 |  #7

Wilt

Is that with the Leitax adaptor or something else?

Paul

I've recently had a conversation with Eddie aka xpfloyd about 24 TSE ownership :lol:

Having recently sprung for a Nodal Ninja M2 pano head (external link) logic says to throw money at something useful like upgrading to the Mk2 versions of my 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8's.

However whenever has logic entered into such decisions! ;-)a

bpark42
307 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 29, 2013 15:11 |  #8

The Leitax solution is a mount conversion. This is generally done for systems such as Nikon or Sony where the native flange distance does not allow for the additional space necessarily introduced by the addition of an adapter. For Oly OM to Canon EF (often listed as OM to EOS on ebay), all you need is a basic adapter. You connect the lens to the adapter and then just mount the whole thing to the camera. OM lenses are among the easiest to adapt to Canon.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,312 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2013 15:44 |  #9

bpark's got it right. No need for an expensive mount conversion, merely use an adapter that you buy on eBay.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,092 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 29, 2013 17:15 |  #10

The link to Leitax was for information - my adapters are E Bay jobs - can't fault them.

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

sponsored links

3,379 views & 0 likes for this thread
Olympus 35mm f2.8 Shift lens?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.