Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 03 Nov 2013 (Sunday) 17:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Stars from The Walking Dead

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 03, 2013 17:38 |  #1

I went to Walker Stalker Con yesterday and had a blast. I got to meet all the cast members from The Walking Dead (except a couple who couldn't attend). It was a really nice convention, and if you had all day (I did) then you were able to meet them all. It was a lot of fun, and the stars of the show were extremely nice to the fans. They signed autographs and took pictures for twelve straight hours, and most of them were back at it again today (I could only go Saturday).

There were a couple other celebrities there as well.

These were all taken with the EOS-M.

Scott Wilson was friendly. I enjoyed having my picture made with him. We talked about the film Shiloh in which he plays the villain.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-RnGVPZ8/0/XL/Mike%20and%20Hershel-XL.jpg

Melissa Ponzio: She was dating Tyrese until Carol killed and burned her.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-tTLHqvC/0/XL/IMG_1783-XL.jpg

Chandler Riggs (aka Carl).

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-DhKJFFp/0/XL/IMG_1743b-XL.jpg

This is Giancarlo Esposito. He was Gus in Breaking Bad. He was there to meet people and promote his new show Revolution. His deadpan psychopath look is perfect. But when he wasn't posing he was all smiles. It's a complete shock to see how friendly and chatty he is compared to that Gus Freeman. He and I talked a lot about my camera (the EOS-M) and he got to see first hand what a crappy autofocus it has. He told me he was using the G9 and wondered if it was good. I told him it was a great camera, and that he might want to consider the G1X if he liked the G9. I showed him how the Eye-Fi card works. We talked for a while.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-9R6Pbvd/0/L/IMG_1740b-L.jpg

Daryl's bike from the show. It was free to take pics of it and ten bucks to take pictures ON it. I should have done it, but I didn't have the time.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-7ssPzLk/0/L/IMG_1759-L.jpg

Stupid EOS-M autofocus. Such a slow beast. All the stars of the convention were easy to talk to and meet except for three: Michone, Daryl, and Rick. He was being ushered by security into a separate VIP photo room, and I asked to take a pic (along with others asking). Why he let me is a mystery, but he did. The EOS-M was a butthead about it, and there's nothing I can do to fix this. But it's better than nothing.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-ZmVWJ3J/0/L/IMG_1819-L.jpg

But here's where it gets good: I accidentally, while trying to get a picture of Norman Reedus (I didn't succeed) found myself in a pack of photographers. Some lady comes out from the VIP room and says, "Ok, photographers. You'll have about one minute to get your shots and then you'll have to leave. Come with me and hurry."

So I thought to myself, "What the heck," and went in with the press. I took a ton of photos (most I'm still processing) and was wishing I had a DSLR with me. I was rushed, so I struggled to set things up correctly. Even shooting in RAW I have a lot of work to do in order to clean up my images.

Here's one picture of the "kids" from The Walking Dead. Sophia (becomes a zombie), Carl (been a survivor for four seasons now), and Beth (on her third season).

The actors are Madison Lintz, Chandler Riggs, and Emily Kinney. Get this: Emily Kinney is 28 (far right) and as young as she looks on the show....she looks younger in person. She is tiny. She could tell you she's 15 and you'd believe it. This lady cracked the genetic code, somehow. It's nuts.

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-JNjrtBH/0/L/IMG_1838b-L.jpg

But here's the best part: after they told the press to leave I stayed (hey, I only pretended to be the press on the way in). So instead I went over to the side where many of the child-star parents were standing as the entire cast took a bunch of photos.

During a break in the action I decided to make my exit from the room BEHIND the actors and jumped into a picture. I got the print, scanned it on a cheap scanner at home, and here it is (I'm in the back-center). I'll get the digital Jpeg in a couple weeks (ten extra bucks). Obviously a couple of the actors weren't ready, but who cares? It was a fun experience, and my pseudo-bad-behavior didn't harm a soul.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Sony A7 III and some lenses

sponsored links
OuttaCtrl
381 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 03, 2013 18:14 |  #2

Awesome and me Jelli'n so 'breakin' BAD :D

Cameras: 5D III Gripped | 1D MK 3 | 70D
Lens: 18-135 STM | 24-70 L MKII | 70-200 L IS MKII
PC: i7-3930K | 32GB Kingston Hyper-X | nVidia Quadro 4000 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 27" Samsung SA monitor | 34" LG 34UM95-P | Spyder 4 Elite

OneDeep
216 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 03, 2013 18:21 |  #3

Nice shots. Waiting for it to come on tonight

Personal Trainer with random hobbies.

ranmasu
284 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 03, 2013 19:27 as a reply to  @ OneDeep's post |  #4

Awesome Mike! You did great! That's my favorite show. It was cool that you could talk to Giancarlo Esposito, been watching his movies since the Spike Lee days. You were talking cameras with him, cool! Anyway, good stuff!

Randy

EOS-Mike
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 04, 2013 10:39 |  #5

Thanks. Yeah, "Gus" was really cool and didn't have lines to meet him. A lot of people there didn't even know who he was. I kind of wish I would have dead panned like him for the pic but whatever. I should have brought a couple ties for us to "adjust" for the photos.

Sony A7 III and some lenses

oscarl62
Goldmember
1,344 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 05, 2013 08:52 |  #6

very, very cool. nice job. Great Show too.

Canon 7D w/ BG-E7 , Canon 50D w/ BG-E2n, Canon 5DMll, Tanron 17-50, Canon 70-200L 2.8, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, Canon EF 85mm, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM,
580EX ii, 580EX, S2 IS

DayumDanny
156 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Nov 05, 2013 09:07 |  #7

Mad lucky! this is such a great show

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
6,924 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 05, 2013 09:21 |  #8

So freakin' awesome! Nice job.

Getting better at this - Fuji X-t3 - Fuji X-Pro2 - Laowa 9mm - 16 1.4 - 18-55 - 23/35/50/90 f2 - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

steve126a
125 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Nov 05, 2013 16:41 |  #9

Wow. Very nice. If I were there, I would probably spend my time stalking Lauren Cohan (Maggie). She's absolutely gorgeous. Didn't see a photo of her on there, was she not in attendance?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III | Canon EOS 6D | Canon 85mm ƒ/1.8 | Canon 100mm ƒ/2.8 Macro | Canon 24-70L ƒ/2.8 II | Canon 17-40L ƒ/4 | Canon 70-200LII ƒ/2.8 | Canon 135L ƒ/2| 2 Canon 580EX II's | Canon 430EX II

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 05, 2013 18:46 |  #10

Zombies - they're everywhere

sponsored links

2,120 views & 0 likes for this thread
The Stars from The Walking Dead
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.