I have read with interest all the latest rumours about the next gen 7D, from it will be a better 7D full stop to it will be a ruggerdised 70D
It almost certainly will have the flipping useless addition of 'better' video (after several years I still haven't used it on my 7D) and wifi/GPS etc. So my question to you guys is, not what would you like to see on the new mkII, but rather what do you not want to see (in a perfect world). Therefore in this fantasy scenario, all the development money would go to make a better semi-pro crop sensor camera.
I do not want (please Canon):
- Video recording (I don't shoot video with a stills camera)
- GPS (I know where I have taken photos)
- A flippy, twisty, touch screen (I am able to understand controls on a camera, plus I am older than 12) and don't need something which won't stand up to the situations I take pictures in.
- The same sensor as the 70D (negligible improvement)
- Did I mention video recording
- Single slot card(but can live with this if you promise not to put any video on the camera)
- Any pre-set modes like sport or landscape to clutter up my mode dial
- Crazy high megapixel numbers please