Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 07 Nov 2013 (Thursday) 00:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

different angle

moshe3242
278 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 07, 2013 00:21 |  #1

IMAGE: http://mlphotography.smugmug.com/Little-Ones/i-jhQtrrj/0/XL/IMG_1154-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

Canon 1DS MARK III,Canon 5D mark II,Speedlite 430EX, 24-105L, 70-200L f/4, 50 mm f1.8, Canon 85 1.8

http://mlphotography.smugmug.com (external link)

sponsored links
RMH
Goldmember
1,000 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 07, 2013 06:55 |  #2

I really like the angle, the lighting and the colours and even the DoF - really great shot!

It might just be the contrast and colour, but her skin looks a little too processed for my tastes. If you did airbrush it, I'd considder dialing it back a notch.

Le me say again tho -- fantastic shot!! :)

All the stuff I've owned at one time or another

jskaggs72
237 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 07, 2013 07:11 |  #3

very cute I love that you got her feet in the shot

Jay Skaggs
5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 50mm 1.2, 85 mm 1.2, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8 ...
Virginia Beach Wedding Photographer (external link), Hampton Roads Wedding Photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Stelvio
165 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 07, 2013 07:16 |  #4

I really really like this shot too. Great angle, nice catchlights, nice lighting. Like RMH said maybe try a little less skin smoothing, see how that looks in comparison.

May I ask how old the girl is? I have an 8 year old booked in a few weeks and I'm struggling for ideas. The mom has been very vague about what she wants (i.e. "just a nice shot for grandparents, nothing special") and I might try something like your wonderful shot

RMH
Goldmember
1,000 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 07, 2013 07:26 |  #5

What i really like about this (aside from the excellent execution) is the concept itself.

If you read tips on photographing kids you will always find 'get down to their level' somewhere near the top of the list.

This is an excellent example of breaking the 'rules' and making something that really stands out. Given the thread title, clearly that was the point, but it took a while to roll round in my mind :)

All the stuff I've owned at one time or another

moshe3242
THREAD ­ STARTER
278 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 07, 2013 08:25 |  #6

RMH wrote in post #16431663 (external link)
I really like the angle, the lighting and the colours and even the DoF - really great shot!

It might just be the contrast and colour, but her skin looks a little too processed for my tastes. If you did airbrush it, I'd considder dialing it back a notch.

Le me say again tho -- fantastic shot!! :)

Thank you,
For some weird reason , when I uploaded this picture it did something that make the picture look over processed.
It's not like that in the original file.
I posted other pictures in the glamour section and had the same problem but it less bothered me on those because they were high key
In this image it's more obvious because of the low key
It's most probably because of the compression or something but I did notice this as well
Thank you for the critic though

Canon 1DS MARK III,Canon 5D mark II,Speedlite 430EX, 24-105L, 70-200L f/4, 50 mm f1.8, Canon 85 1.8

http://mlphotography.smugmug.com (external link)

ob_srt4
190 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 13, 2013 14:48 |  #7

Must say, great all around and I like the style.

Ryan - Pausedmemories Photography
Shooting with Canon, really is there anything else?

KenVP
794 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 16, 2013 20:13 |  #8

I like the angle and think getting the feet included made the shot.

FreeSoul1987
497 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 24, 2013 18:18 |  #9

Love it! Beautiful angle and little girl.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
www.FreeSoulPhotograph​y.smugmug.com (external link)
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

KDW ­ Photo
232 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 03, 2014 14:18 |  #10

too much contrasty, but very nice work

http://www.kdwphoto.pl (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/www.KDWphoto (external link)

Angela-Benita
56 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 03, 2014 14:19 |  #11

jskaggs72 wrote in post #16431694 (external link)
very cute I love that you got her feet in the shot

That's exactly what I thought. The feet are adorable. Love this picture!

ederphoto
53 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 04, 2014 12:05 |  #12

Did you use the short end of the 24-105mm or was it some other lens ? Very nice !

sponsored links

2,065 views & 0 likes for this thread
different angle
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.