Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 05 Nov 2013 (Tuesday) 01:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fall Beauties {Senior Girls with the 200L Prime}

mjcarson
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 07, 2013 09:57 |  #31

Nice stuff, love the camera angles and the merry go round image is one I am sure I need to try now!

Matt
Stellarvue 90mm Fluorite, AstroTech 111mm and 72mm, Celestron CPS 1100, Losmandy GM-8, Olympus EM1.2, Modified Olympus EM5.2 and Olympus Pen F. Obviously more gear than talent.

sponsored links
FreezeFramePhto
Goldmember
1,130 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 07, 2013 11:19 |  #32

Yeah, I guess I should have looked closer. With the color shift and branch removal on the first one, it made me think you added some.

Sometimes I add in a little when I shoot higher f-stop, and was wondering about other peoples way of adding it.

www.freezeframe.photo

ganginwood
379 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 07, 2013 12:12 |  #33

not that I don't believe you...nor would it take away from the quality of work you produce (I'm an admirer) but the first shot doesn't have a natural fall off from the focal plane. it looks like I can see the mask around the lower circle.
I shoot with this lens quite a bit. But...it is magical and stranger things have happened.

LisaJH
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 07, 2013 12:19 |  #34

I'm not a liar and don't appreciate it being inferred that I am one. Thanks.

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

ganginwood
379 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 07, 2013 12:28 |  #35

After some thought, I too would not appreciate a statement that critiqued my worked in an accusatory manner. The statement could have been worded better. Complications of the written text I guess.

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 07, 2013 12:46 |  #36

ganginwood wrote in post #16432360 (external link)
not that I don't believe you...nor would it take away from the quality of work you produce (I'm an admirer) but the first shot doesn't have a natural fall off from the focal plane. it looks like I can see the mask around the lower circle.
I shoot with this lens quite a bit. But...it is magical and stranger things have happened.

I kind of see what you're saying here. At the edge of the photo on both sides, there is some blur in the plane of focus that you wouldn't expect to see. As you've said, it doesn't take away anything from Lisa and I am not inferring that she added blur in post. It just looks weird now that you've pointed it out.

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 07, 2013 12:50 |  #37

Now that I look at it again, I think it's a clone spot that we're seeing that's interrupting the plane of focus. My guess is that Lisa cloned from an out of focus spot near there to remove whatever was there previously.

Sorry for trying to dissect what you did here, Lisa! I hope you take no offense. Still a big fan of yours :D

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

Andrew_T
176 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Nov 07, 2013 13:04 |  #38

Amazing!

jecottrell
324 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Nov 07, 2013 19:47 |  #39

There appears to be some PP envy here?

IMAGE: http://www.jecottrell.com/Other/Gifs/i-StKz94N/0/S/lol8-S.gif

Eric ­ Redard
477 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Nov 07, 2013 22:26 |  #40

Hi Lisa:
These images are beautifully done, as is all of your work. It's obvious you have a great connection with all of the people you photograph. These young ladies and their families must be thrilled, and in the end, that's what we hope for.

Looking forward to seeing your next images :)

Eric

Capturing The Spirit
Canon 5DsR
Flickr (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,371 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 09, 2013 11:26 |  #41

Fantastic images. I'm sure the clients are thrilled.

"senior reps?" Excuse my ignorance, but the senior photo thing is something I'm just now learning more about. There are reps working with these kids? Like a travel agent or something who collects clients and then hires a photog? Is that the way it works?

Mark J.
Gear

MattJohnRobinson
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 09, 2013 14:49 |  #42

Gorgeous work with natural light as you always do Lisa.

M_Six wrote in post #16437395 (external link)
Fantastic images. I'm sure the clients are thrilled.

"senior reps?" Excuse my ignorance, but the senior photo thing is something I'm just now learning more about. There are reps working with these kids? Like a travel agent or something who collects clients and then hires a photog? Is that the way it works?

No, from what I understand about what other 'togs have done, "senior reps" are seniors that a photographer will take photos for at a discounted price, or possibly free, in exchange for that senior making referrals and recommendations for the photographer at their high school.

flickr (external link) facebook (external link) website (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,371 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 09, 2013 18:26 |  #43

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Mark J.
Gear

kermit4u
819 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 09, 2013 18:42 |  #44

Outstanding photos as always. but the real question is where did you find a real metal playground carousel?

7Dmkii gripped|5DC gripped|7Dmkii gripped|Canonet QL17 Giii|too many yet not enough lenses https://www.jeffowenph​otography.com/ (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/jeffowenphotograph​y/ (external link)

<Eve>
233 posts
Joined May 2013

Nov 10, 2013 10:19 |  #45

Beautiful beautiful pictures

Eva - my flickr (external link), facebook (external link) and gear list

sponsored links

8,191 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fall Beauties {Senior Girls with the 200L Prime}
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.