Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 08 Nov 2013 (Friday) 22:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

24-70 2.8L MK II users - where are the pics?

jjaenagle
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 08, 2013 22:29 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

I want to see some pictures you guys are coming up with. I am considering going into debt for that thing. Maybe a 6d and that lens should last me a decade or so right?

Instagram (external link)Website (external link)
GEAR & FEEDBACK

sponsored links
protege
135 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 08, 2013 22:31 |  #2

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1146172

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 08, 2013 22:32 |  #3

Why would you get into debt? Just wait until the price drops.

Don't justify buyer's remorse.

jjaenagle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 08, 2013 22:34 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

JESUS!!!! thank you. In my years of being on this forum, i have never even noticed the Lens Sample Photo Archive. stupid user error on the search bar!

GEAR & FEEDBACK

jjaenagle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 08, 2013 22:36 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

Kanye wrote in post #16436428 (external link)

haha... im so impatient. I really want to get a 6d and something... and something i wouldnt have to upgrade for a really long time.

i could wait for the price to drop - as well as save up during that time, but i figured that money would never go to camera gear... just bills, school, kids, blah, blah, blah

GEAR & FEEDBACK

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 08, 2013 23:11 |  #6

Milk the gear you have now, no point in getting an expensive 6D+24-70mm (IS TOO) combo.

What the hell man. :D

revluke
438 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 09, 2013 09:42 |  #7

The real Kanye would never say that "no point in getting an expensive..." :)

5dIII | 70d | Rokinon 14 | 16-35 f4 IS | 40 2.8 | s50A | 70-200 2.8 IS II | 100 f2 | s120-300S | sigma 2x | 600EX-RT

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,519 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 09, 2013 12:23 |  #8

I'm seeing that you only have a G1X, is that right? If so, I would recommend just getting an old 5D and a 50mm prime or a cheap zoom. Really learn the in's and outs of why you want an upgrade, even a rebel would be a big upgrade in creative freedom from the G1X imo. Or, if you want to make sure you're getting something you're likely to hold onto for a long time, get the 6D with the same lens suggestions, or even the 6D + 24-105L kit.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

jjaenagle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 09, 2013 15:21 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #16437482 (external link)
I'm seeing that you only have a G1X, is that right? If so, I would recommend just getting an old 5D and a 50mm prime or a cheap zoom. Really learn the in's and outs of why you want an upgrade, even a rebel would be a big upgrade in creative freedom from the G1X imo. Or, if you want to make sure you're getting something you're likely to hold onto for a long time, get the 6D with the same lens suggestions, or even the 6D + 24-105L kit.

yea... i used to have a 5d2 and various lenses... but sold it and now im getting back into it as finances become available :)

GEAR & FEEDBACK

light_pilgrim
922 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 09, 2013 15:27 |  #10

Sorry to say.....but i will never ever understand this getting a debt for a piece of gear. Let me tell you something....it will not make you a great photographer. Use what you have and can afford to stun the world with your skills, imagination, creativity....break limits....unless you just want to possess gear and feel empty.

www.lightpilgrim.com (external link) ||1x.com (external link) ||500px.com (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,519 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 09, 2013 15:38 |  #11

light_pilgrim wrote in post #16437805 (external link)
Sorry to say.....but i will never ever understand this getting a debt for a piece of gear. Let me tell you something....it will not make you a great photographer. Use what you have and can afford to stun the world with your skills, imagination, creativity....break limits....unless you just want to possess gear and feel empty.

True to an extent. But then, most of us live in some form of debt. I know I have a car payment, mortgage payment and credit card bill every month, and I know I'm not the only one. All in all I have very low debt compared to most americans, especially people my age (25). I bought my 6D on a best buy credit card, so technically I'm in debt for it, but I did so because I got 18 month 0% interest financing. I only owe about a thousand now on the kit and am only halfway through my 18 months, so it'll be paid off easily within the 18 month period. So instead of saving for the camera for 18 months and shooting on my T2i, I've been able to shoot on a camera that I enjoy a lot more :cool:

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

jjaenagle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 09, 2013 15:46 |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

light_pilgrim wrote in post #16437805 (external link)

right, i dont seriously see myself going in debt for it. I should have added the sarcasm emoji after my sentence...

but i do agree that we are all... in some kind of debt. Usually. I know 1 family that lives completely debt free.

GEAR & FEEDBACK

Xyclopx
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 09, 2013 17:22 as a reply to  @ jjaenagle's post |  #13

u can see every purchase as an investment of some sort. some towards making more money. some towards making happiness. if you can not save enough to buy something outright until you're at the end of your life (like a house for most of us) but it would truly make you a happier person, then it's a worthwhile investment for the extra cost in interest.

i am sure that the richest people in the world are also the biggest debt spenders in the world (that's how they make even more money). it's not always a bad thing.

only you can make that call.

btw... on topic, yeah, the 24-70 is pretty dang good. it looks really impressive on paper when you're talking resolution in lines/distance and stuff. but honestly, it's not THAT much better that taking the same photo with this lens instead would blow your mind. plenty of cheaper lenses that can get you 80% of the performance, which is good enough for most people. never saw a pic taken with that lens that cannot have been achieved with a cheaper lens.

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

YashicaFX2
Goldmember
1,003 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Nov 09, 2013 19:23 |  #14
bannedPermanent ban

Kanye wrote in post #16436428 (external link)

What kind of anti-American economy-busting gibberish are you spreading here? On the internet no less, where EVERYTHING is true. I recently retired and I have spent my entire life buying things on credit. Things I needed, things I just wanted, things I just thought I wanted. I did my part to keep the American economy going. The last time I paid cash for ANYTHING was the last day grocery stores didn't take credit cards. I charge ice-cream cones at the DQ!

CREDIT IS GOOD!
DEBT IS A WAY OF LIFE.
SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, CHARGE!

Honestly, I haven't had a savings account since I had a paper-route in the 1960s. Paying for stuff with your own money is for poor people and saps. Credit has allowed me, all my life, to live a lifestyle I can not afford. I wouldn't have it any other way. If you are living within your means, you are a fool.

OP, BUY THE LENS!

Dedicated APS-c shooter. Gripped 60D, 60 2.8, 10-22, 15-85, Σ70-200 OS and a big white something or other! Plus a 5D w/28-75.

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 09, 2013 19:33 |  #15

YashicaFX2 wrote in post #16438244 (external link)
What kind of anti-American economy-busting gibberish are you spreading here? On the internet no less, where EVERYTHING is true. I recently retired and I have spent my entire life buying things on credit. Things I needed, things I just wanted, things I just thought I wanted. I did my part to keep the American economy going. The last time I paid cash for ANYTHING was the last day grocery stores didn't take credit cards. I charge ice-cream cones at the DQ!

CREDIT IS GOOD!
DEBT IS A WAY OF LIFE.
SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, CHARGE!

Honestly, I haven't had a savings account since I had a paper-route in the 1960s. Paying for stuff with your own money is for poor people and saps. Credit has allowed me, all my life, to live a lifestyle I can not afford. I wouldn't have it any other way. If you are living within your means, you are a fool.

OP, BUY THE LENS!

You sound really smart there, especially from somebody who grew up in a completely different time period. This you, old man?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

sponsored links

3,295 views & 0 likes for this thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.