It seems like a very tedious process I have to go thru to establish wi-fi on my 6D. I'm going to list the steps and if you can tell me a shorter way I'd appreciate it greatly:
1. ON PHONE (Samsung Galaxy S III): Settings > wi-fi > (The nickname you set up for your camera)> Edit (the password field field is blank and waiting for your encryption key)
2. ON CAMERA: Menu > wi-fi function > Connect to smartphone > review/change settings > change settings > camera access point mode > OK > easy connection > OK > enter encryption key into phone
3. BACK TO PHONE: Enter key into password area > Start EOS App > Tap EOS 6D pairing slot
4. Back to Camera: Push OK > Ignore "settings name SET 1" and just select "OK" > push OK
5. ON PHONE AGAIN: Push "remote shooting" and it works.
What a horrific process. What am I doing wrong?