Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Nov 2013 (Wednesday) 22:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What the flip is wrong with my camera? ??

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,262 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 14, 2013 07:23 |  #16

I own 2 batteries for it, neither are working its def something internal.

Perhaps a charger issue?

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,262 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 14, 2013 07:28 |  #17

You're in Jersey. How far away is the Canon Jamesburg facility? Maybe you can walk it in for some diagnosis. Are you a CPS member?

The Canon Factory Service Center in Jamesburg, NJ is right off exit 8 of the New Jersey Turnpike. The address is
100 Ridge Road
Jamesburg, NJ 08831
Phone: 866-510-1335
Hours of Operation: 9:00AM to 4:30PM EST, M-F

If you go there take all your Canon equipment so they can check everything as needed.

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 14, 2013 07:30 |  #18

Sign up for CPS before you send it in. At minimum you will get discounted repair rate and quicker turn time.

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

metalordie
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 14, 2013 12:16 as a reply to  @ post 16450489 |  #19

Yes im not too far from jamesburg but I dont drive so ill mail it in. Im really afraid to open it up I have no idea what im doing. The 1k comment above just made me pass up my lunch. I hope to god that doesnt happen. Omggggg

Can anyone come over and do it? Anyone in the nj or nyc area?

Stephanie

metalordie
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 14, 2013 12:16 |  #20

cory1848 wrote in post #16450835 (external link)
Sign up for CPS before you send it in. At minimum you will get discounted repair rate and quicker turn time.

Do you have a link please?

Stephanie

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,262 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 14, 2013 14:14 |  #21

http://www.cps.usa.can​on.com/ (external link)

CPS.

rejay14
Goldmember
1,039 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 14, 2013 20:42 |  #22

cory1848 wrote in post #16450835 (external link)

I was just about to type this too...it seems that you have enough glass. Not sure if you have the requisite bodies though. Not sure of U.S. requirements.

1DX Mark II, 5D Mark IV, 40D,Rebel XT :lol:, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 100-400L IS II,24-105 II L, 100mmL 2.8 IS, 16-35L 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8L II, Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art, Sekonic 758DR, Pixma 9500 II, Pixma 9000 II, Think Tank Airport Accelerator v2.0, Canon 600EX-RT x 5, Profoto B1 Kit with too many modifiers http:// …www.PrestigePhotoPro.c​om (external link) Portfolio (external link)
Concert Photography (external link)

jbrackjr
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Nov 14, 2013 21:24 |  #23

CPS doesn't require a qualifying body, as long as you have enough qualifying glass for Gold or Plat your good to go. Out Of Warranty Standard Labor Charge is $209 + parts (prior to any discount).

Jim
Gear List

eddie3dfx
486 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 14, 2013 21:53 as a reply to  @ jbrackjr's post |  #24

I repaired both the main pcb and power pcb boards on these cameras.
I think what happens a lot is the pins get bent in the compactflash reader causing a short.
It's a very small fuse on the power pcb, but it's a pain in the ass to solder it in, so it's worth paying the $89 for a new one.
In my cast, i purchased a refurbished main pcb, purchased a new power pcb, and installed it in 30 minutes time. Cost $220.. the local shop wanted $850

This is the guy I get all my parts from.. extremely honest and bends over backwards to help
http://www.ebay.com …ories&hash=item​27d2eebd67 (external link)

Canon 6D, Canon L 24-105, Zeiss Distagon 28mm 2.8, Planar 50mm 1.4, Planar 85mm 1.4, Sonnar 135mm 2.8 & Zeiss Mutar 2x, Canon 50mm 1.8
http://www.edwinraffph​otography.com/ (external link)

metalordie
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 15, 2013 22:48 |  #25

eddie3dfx wrote in post #16452754 (external link)
I repaired both the main pcb and power pcb boards on these cameras.
I think what happens a lot is the pins get bent in the compactflash reader causing a short.
It's a very small fuse on the power pcb, but it's a pain in the ass to solder it in, so it's worth paying the $89 for a new one.
In my cast, i purchased a refurbished main pcb, purchased a new power pcb, and installed it in 30 minutes time. Cost $220.. the local shop wanted $850

This is the guy I get all my parts from.. extremely honest and bends over backwards to help
http://www.ebay.com …ories&hash=item​27d2eebd67 (external link)

I appreciate the info but again im afraid to mess with it myself
To the question up above regarding my glass, all bought here in states along with the body in question and work fine on my 1d. Also the battery charger is fine. Its def a short somewhere I almost felt it once that 5 sec long ERR msg popped up on the screen prior to death. Anyone in the nj area capable of repairing? Anyone.... out there? Im deathly afraid of sending it in with all these posts flooding about with big fat pricetags coming back from canon.

Stephanie

sponsored links

3,420 views & 0 likes for this thread
What the flip is wrong with my camera? ??
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.