Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 14 Nov 2013 (Thursday) 08:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

travel time next week!!! :)

milleniumking
339 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Nov 14, 2013 08:03 |  #1

Heading to St. Marteen next week for a vacation. Going to be great. Im taking all of my gear with me as well. I am especially looking forward to Maho beach where the aircrafts are within touching distance upon landing.

Have a couple of questions....

1. I am using my lowepro 400 flipside, hopefully its not to big for carry on luggage. Has anyone else travelled with this bag?
2. Those who have been to St. Marteen, have you brought your expensive gear with you? I wont be flaunting my gear around but I am just worried about safety.

Thanx in advance! Pics to follow upon my return!

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,666 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 14, 2013 08:06 |  #2

There are slight variances in size limits that airlines allow for carry on luggage. I would check the specific airline website and see what is allowed and then compare to the bag.

American Airlines for instance has these limits (I've added the bold text):

You can bring one small carry-on bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as the carry-on bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height). That means you add up the length, width and height and the sum can't exceed 45 inches.

In addition the maximum dimensions cannot exceed any one of the following measurements: 22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm).

Lowepro shows external dimensions as 11.93 x 9.96 x 18.11 in (30.3 x 25.3 x 46 cm) for the Flipside 400 AW. If that is what you were referring to (you don't mention "AW") then I would think you might have a slight issue with the height of 9.96 inches vs. the American Airlines stated limit of 9 inches. As I said earlier check with your individual airline. I have found that as long as the case is close usually they will let you on. But much of my travel lately has been domestic as opposed to your international trip.

cab ­ ny
101 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 15, 2013 00:01 |  #3

just came back last week beautiful sites watching the planes land is cool

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 15, 2013 05:07 |  #4

milleniumking wrote in post #16450892 (external link)
Im taking all of my gear with me as well. I am especially looking forward to Maho beach where the aircrafts are within touching distance upon landing.

one place where you won't need a long lens for plane spotting

sharod
635 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 15, 2013 05:14 |  #5

milleniumking wrote in post #16450892 (external link)
2. Those who have been to St. Marteen, have you brought your expensive gear with you? I wont be flaunting my gear around but I am just worried about safety.

Thanx in advance! Pics to follow upon my return!

Like anything else of value, keep it by your side at all times and you should have no problems!!!

Have a great time!!! I love Maho beach. The bar there, Sunset Bar and Grill, serves up a great burger!!!

Sharon
A camera didn't make a great picture anymore than a typewriter wrote a great novel.
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/slo103/

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

706 views & 0 likes for this thread
travel time next week!!! :)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.