Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Oct 2012 (Monday) 22:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS M Owners Post Your Pictures

Eiro
Goldmember
1,354 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 20, 2013 01:27 |  #2461

Hate the touch screen & hate that there is no viewfinder....that's just dumb.Thats probably why they discontinued and going to bury this failed experiment in history when the M2 comes out.But hey for the price, portability, the ability to use my L glass on it and the IQ being that of a crop all packed in that tiny little body which fits into my pocket,I can deal with the touchscreen and no viewfinder :)

Get out and shoot

sponsored links
EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,539 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 20, 2013 01:40 |  #2462

Very weird that people don't like the touchscreen. I seriously wish my 6D had one after using the M... in fact, I often find myself touching the 6D's screen expecting a reaction :lol:

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

iadubber
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2013 10:12 |  #2463

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #16465763 (external link)
Very weird that people don't like the touchscreen. I seriously wish my 6D had one after using the M... in fact, I often find myself touching the 6D's screen expecting a reaction :lol:

I'm the same way! I routinely touch to swipe when reviewing not thinking about it. I don't understand why people don't like the touch screen. When you bought the camera you knew what it was and what it wasn't. Yes, the screen was very sensitive to my palm. I went to ebay and bought the Selens hot shoe thumb grip and voila, no more palm bumping the touch screen.

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Flickr (external link)

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 20, 2013 10:15 |  #2464

I should clarify about the touch screen: I said I didn't like it and wish it didn't have one. That's not exactly what I meant. What I meant was that I wish I had the option of turning the touch feature off at times. I love using center-point focus, and sometimes I accidentally bump the screen when holding the camera and it shifts focus to somewhere else.

Also it won't lock on center-point focus. I wish there was a way to keep it there (when I want it on center) and that touching the screen in other places would have no effect (when set that way).

Not sure if that was clear.

I can handle not having a viewfinder, although it would be nice. But being compact is good, and a viewfinder would mess that up.

I'm getting a 6D soon, but I won't give up my M. It's just too much fun.

Sony A7 III and some lenses

iadubber
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2013 10:16 |  #2465

EOS-Mike wrote in post #16466476 (external link)

It's a great combo!

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Flickr (external link)

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 20, 2013 10:31 |  #2466

I'm excited (but the money I'll be spending on gear is a bummer). I'm trying to work my way in to the entertainment industry here in Atlanta. I've been able to interact fairly successfully with many of the cast/crew of The Walking Dead, plus there is a huge new studio being built in our small county about ten miles from my house (Pinewood Studios--Harry Potter, James Bond, and more). The area is exploding with opportunities that I'd like to join.

VeijoM
116 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 20, 2013 10:32 |  #2467

NikStar wrote in post #16464639 (external link)
I agree. Nice.

Thank you, both.

70D. EF 70-300mm L, Tamron 90mm F2.8 VC and Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 OS HSM.

VeijoM
116 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 20, 2013 10:41 |  #2468

EOS-Mike wrote in post #16466476 (external link)
I should clarify about the touch screen: I said I didn't like it and wish it didn't have one. That's not exactly what I meant. What I meant was that I wish I had the option of turning the touch feature off at times. I love using center-point focus, and sometimes I accidentally bump the screen when holding the camera and it shifts focus to somewhere else.

Also it won't lock on center-point focus. I wish there was a way to keep it there (when I want it on center) and that touching the screen in other places would have no effect (when set that way).

Not sure if that was clear.

I can handle not having a viewfinder, although it would be nice. But being compact is good, and a viewfinder would mess that up.

I understand the frustration about focus point. I also find it odd that I cannot prevent the focus point shifting accidentally.

What I find odd is that the touch screen doesn't feel being at the same level of recent phone screens. There is an odd unresponsiveness in the screen, but that may be because of unpowered processor driving the touch screen. Nice idea but still needs improvement. And the screen is actually too small for good swipes and zooming (and I don't even have very big hands/fingers).

70D. EF 70-300mm L, Tamron 90mm F2.8 VC and Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 OS HSM.

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 20, 2013 10:47 |  #2469

I do like the swipe features in playback. Very intutive. However, I usually use my Ipad for reviewing. I have the Mobi Eye-Fi card. I set the camera on RAW + Jpeg and the Jpegs shoot right over to the Ipad as I'm driving away from a location. Then, I can quickly review which shots came out right and are worth extra processing or deletion. The pics come in quickly, too. Generally they transfer close to the speed I take them.

It's also made it fun to process on the Ipad at times (just jpegs...no raws). It's not serious processing, but sometimes the Ipad will do things I hadn't thought of. I have about ten apps for processing, and occasionally a filter or adjustment will make me say, "wow. That's cool."

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 20, 2013 12:25 |  #2470

That is a one nice road...I'd love to drive on that too... nice pic...:)

speedync wrote in post #16464742 (external link)
Love the M for my bike travels.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/speedync30/10​952434314/  (external link)

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 20, 2013 12:37 |  #2471

That's cool! I never use the Ipad for editting before and may give it a try. I have the M and Eye-Fi set to transfer only locked images so I don't end up deleting 300 of test shots haha...

The kids love the M and with the 18-55 lens, they love the video even more.

EOS-Mike wrote in post #16466572 (external link)
I do like the swipe features in playback. Very intutive. However, I usually use my Ipad for reviewing. I have the Mobi Eye-Fi card. I set the camera on RAW + Jpeg and the Jpegs shoot right over to the Ipad as I'm driving away from a location. Then, I can quickly review which shots came out right and are worth extra processing or deletion. The pics come in quickly, too. Generally they transfer close to the speed I take them.

It's also made it fun to process on the Ipad at times (just jpegs...no raws). It's not serious processing, but sometimes the Ipad will do things I hadn't thought of. I have about ten apps for processing, and occasionally a filter or adjustment will make me say, "wow. That's cool."

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,429 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 20, 2013 15:02 |  #2472

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #16465763 (external link)

Same here. Before M I thought I wouldn't buy a camera without VF but screen on M is so nice. Wish my dSLRs did that. Never used a fancy phone even though I worked at a place which invented the smart phone.:)

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,185 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 20, 2013 15:41 |  #2473

Whenever I switch back to my 5D II, I get mixed up and try touching the screen expecting it to do something lol.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Nov 20, 2013 19:54 |  #2474

Can you think of a better model?

IMAGE: http://fairbanksfamily.smugmug.com/Walkerstalker/i-xJhnjgV/0/XL/IMG_2410-XL.jpg

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,392 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 20, 2013 22:08 |  #2475

^^^That looks tasty.

Mark J.
Gear

sponsored links

1,387,366 views & 870 likes for this thread
EOS M Owners Post Your Pictures
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.