Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 21 Nov 2013 (Thursday) 10:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe Opening up Photographer CC 9.99 plan..

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,163 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 22, 2013 10:38 |  #16

since I already own LR5, if I get this subscription...I should be able to keep LR5 on my laptop, uninstall it from my home desktop (thereby giving me the option to install on a second computer), and using the CC subscription to reinstall LR5 on my home desktop.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

sponsored links
w0m
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,110 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 22, 2013 10:40 |  #17

PLLphotography wrote in post #16471901 (external link)
since I already own LR5, if I get this subscription...I should be able to keep LR5 on my laptop, uninstall it from my home desktop (thereby giving me the option to install on a second computer), and using the CC subscription to reinstall LR5 on my home desktop.

Might need to use a different Adobe account; I'd get a rep on the line and see if it'll just up your activation count.

[6D]

SVTmaniac
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 22, 2013 11:29 |  #18

PLLphotography wrote in post #16471663 (external link)
ok, I know with my copy of LightRoom 5, I can install it on 2 computers. What is the restrictions on the subscription plan? I have a home desktop, laptop, and work desktop. I'm wondering whether I would be able to install on all 3, so long as I only have it actively running on 1 system at a time.

I'm using it on three computers at the moment. The first two will work fine, but when you open it on a thrid and try to sign in, it will tell you to sign out of the other two first. You can sign the other computers out right there from the third computer. When you go back to the other computers you will just have to log in again and sign the others computers out. Not too much of a hassle really.

-Chris
More gear than talent.

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 22, 2013 12:56 |  #19

I'm using the free version of SkyDrive (7GB) to store my lightroom catalog. It keeps a local copy on each machine, so any changes I make get uploaded to skydrive, and the next system I power on and fire up Lightroom will also have the latest copy of the catalog.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

adza77
652 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 22, 2013 15:25 |  #20

Brian Lumb Photography wrote in post #16471874 (external link)
I'm with you as well.
I will keep LR5 and CS6 with the perpetual license over getting a subscription. I will keep them as long as possible and may look for a replacement work flow. Paying continually for a product that may or may not provide any additional benefit so they can have a continuous income stream.

Wonder you a customer would think if they were charge a monthly fee for the ability to view their images?

Same boat here. I want to know that if times get hard and things get tight, I'm still able to do with my photo's and software what I can do now. I'm happy to choose to upgrade if the new features are worth while, and I have the cash to afford, but I don't like being committed at the mercy of anyone...

"Come on try it - the first one's cheap" said the drug dealer to the unsuspecting client, knowing once hooked he can always jack up the price and change his terms later...

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 22, 2013 20:06 |  #21

I'd rather pay $120 up front for the whole year than pay $10/monthly. Picky, I know. I just hate paying monthly bills. Get the sting over with and take my money!

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

n1as
Goldmember
2,327 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 23, 2013 13:18 |  #22

v35skyline wrote in post #16473192 (external link)
I'd rather pay $120 up front for the whole year than pay $10/monthly. Picky, I know. I just hate paying monthly bills. Get the sting over with and take my money!

Ah, but you're not paying $120 up front for a year. You're paying $120 up front for however long you still want to use the SW It may be 1, 2 years or more, continuing forever. The subscription is $120 each year and when you stop paying the SW stops working.

- Keith
http://darwinphoto.zen​folio.com (external link)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 24, 2013 10:12 |  #23

n1as wrote in post #16474529 (external link)
Ah, but you're not paying $120 up front for a year. You're paying $120 up front for however long you still want to use the SW It may be 1, 2 years or more, continuing forever. The subscription is $120 each year and when you stop paying the SW stops working.

It's $120 for this year. It could go up the next year. But either way, my point is I'd rather pay an annual fee than a monthly fee (especially since the $10/month deal right now requires an annual commitment).

Gear List & Feedback

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 28, 2013 05:01 |  #24

Brian Lumb Photography wrote in post #16471874 (external link)
I'm with you as well.
I will keep LR5 and CS6 with the perpetual license over getting a subscription. I will keep them as long as possible and may look for a replacement work flow. Paying continually for a product that may or may not provide any additional benefit so they can have a continuous income stream.

I'll keep using CS5 as long as possible

Iscariotau
516 posts
Gallery: 53 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 28, 2013 05:59 |  #25

Signed up for this tonight even though I have CS6 and LR5. I see that I need to DL PS CC but do I also need DL LR again?

MyFlickr (external link)

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 28, 2013 06:01 |  #26

I downloaded LR5 and PS CC. I only have LR5, and didn't have PhotoShop. If they raise the prices and I cancel, I'll still have my copy of LR5. I'll just chalk up the $10/month as a rental fee.

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 28, 2013 12:43 |  #27

PLLphotography wrote in post #16485970 (external link)
I downloaded LR5 and PS CC. I only have LR5, and didn't have PhotoShop. If they raise the prices and I cancel, I'll still have my copy of LR5. I'll just chalk up the $10/month as a rental fee.

You don't have to chalk it up as a rental fee. That's exactly what it is.

Gear List & Feedback

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,163 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 28, 2013 12:46 |  #28

And I am fine with that. If in a year's time I don't like the price increase (if any), then I'll cancel and be no worse off than I am now.

slowfox
145 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 28, 2013 19:05 as a reply to  @ PLLphotography's post |  #29

I signed up for PSCC for 9.99 per month for the first year, then 20 per month thereafter, then later was told by Adobe that they were throwing in LR5 and keeping the charge at 9.99 permanently going forward. Ten bucks a month for LR and PSCC is too good to pass up, so I bit. I have needed Adobe's support, and they have been very good and fast. I do not regret this at all.

Peter
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/plovell42/ (external link)
Canon G1X | Canon T5i | Canon EOS 60D |Canon EF-S 10-18| Canon EF-S 24mm pancake|Canon EF-S 17-55 |Canon EF 40 pancake| Canon EF 50 macro |Canon EF-S 60 Macro | Canon EF 100 macro | Sigma 8-16
Pentax K200D, K20D, and more K-mount glass than anyone has a right to.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,300 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 28, 2013 21:40 as a reply to  @ slowfox's post |  #30

It's $120 per year. Many people pay that monthly for their smartphones. Yet no one complains about that. ;)

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

sponsored links

7,082 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe Opening up Photographer CC 9.99 plan..
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.