Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 19:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

photo thiefs www.vmweddings.com

ryant35
Goldmember
4,355 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2007

Nov 19, 2013 00:32 |  #16

Ratjack wrote in post #16462792 (external link)
I think this is the one he is referring to.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1294114

Thank you!

5DMK4, 7DMK2, 24-104mm f/4 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS MK2, 17-40mm f/4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 35mm f/1.4,1.4X & 2X TC III 580EXII
www.ryantorresphotogra​phy.com (external link)Photography Facebook Fan Page (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
JAnderson90
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 19, 2013 09:52 |  #17

That's awful, I hope you can get some compensation or something...that is so unfair! I also want to set up my own website but this is the reason why I haven't done it yet! I don't want to then find out that someone had been stealing my images for their own personal gain. Is there any way to get protected so that you can actually sleep peacefully at night? I've been thinking about setting up my own website with 1&1 (external link) for some time now but I don't think they offer any protection..I want to start my own business selling my photographs but how do I protect my images? If you have your own website, how do you protect your content effectively?

Phil ­ V
Goldmember
1,977 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Nov 21, 2013 04:59 |  #18

JAnderson90 wrote in post #16463572 (external link)
That's awful, I hope you can get some compensation or something...that is so unfair! I also want to set up my own website but this is the reason why I haven't done it yet! I don't want to then find out that someone had been stealing my images for their own personal gain. Is there any way to get protected so that you can actually sleep peacefully at night? I've been thinking about setting up my own website with 1&1 (external link) for some time now but I don't think they offer any protection..I want to start my own business selling my photographs but how do I protect my images? If you have your own website, how do you protect your content effectively?

Paragraphs?

Anyway, putting your images on the web is like leaving your car on the street, there's always a chance someone will steal them. You don't say what kind of photography you want to sell but the rule of thumb is:
event photography; heavily watermark, people will steal these images rather than pay, even if they're watermarked.
Weddings and portraits, make sure you've made your money before anything goes online, blogging I generally use a small watermark, portfolio images should be large and clean - they're your shop window.
fine art; nightmare, it's a balancing act between showing a good enough quality image and ensuring it's not good enough to steal.

Paranoia will do you no good, disabling right click etc will just make people hate your site, just get on with your business as well as you can and consider any image theft a compliment / potential source of further revenue.;)

Gear List
website: South Yorkshire Wedding photographer in Doncaster (external link)
Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)

dmitrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
594 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 21, 2013 11:12 |  #19

JAnderson90 wrote in post #16463572 (external link)

You can't do much about it. Flash used to help quite a bit as it was more difficult to steal photographs on Flash sites.
But now, it is all open and all you can do perhaps is to post your logo and hope thieves will know better not to take your images.

I've been dealing with bastards such as Vigor Media for many years. They vaguely apologies and then tell you to let it go.
But this time these idiots had the audacity to tell me "I am pathetic for trying to ruin them"

I posted a review on Yelp,but since yelp is known to delete bad reviews, they deleted this one... Anyone know any other websites where I can post reviews on Vigor Media so that their future clients can read and stay away.

Facebook (external link)
www.dmitrimarkine.com (external link)

i_am_cdn
258 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 22, 2013 10:37 |  #20

Have to filed a small debts lawsuit against them yet? always best way to get your point across is through the pocketbook.

You can try making a complaint to the BBB, but few people check there anymore.

Douglas Portz Photography
www.portz.ca (external link)
www.winnipegsportsteam​photos.com (external link)
www.winnipegsportsphot​os.com (external link)
www.winnipegeventphoto​s.com (external link)

dmitrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
594 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 22, 2013 12:50 |  #21

i_am_cdn wrote in post #16471899 (external link)
Have to filed a small debts lawsuit against them yet? always best way to get your point across is through the pocketbook.

You can try making a complaint to the BBB, but few people check there anymore.

What's the point of BBB? It's the same thing as yelp,yellopages and other sites that collect reviews and then remove them for a fee. BBB is not affiliated with the government.

Facebook (external link)

i_am_cdn
258 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 22, 2013 14:35 |  #22

BBB doesn't remove for a fee. or at least they never used to.

I get your anger/frustration Dmitri, and I, like you, hate when things like this happen. but really your best recourse is cold hard money, what you need to do is win in a court of law.

You need to be careful that you don't go too far in your attempts to paint them as thieves, as it can be liable or slander if you can not prove your charges. - Which it appears you can, but until you do you run the risk of court actions against yourself as well.

End of the day, people search for city name - service name in google, and look for a pretty site, very rarely will the search out reviews for services. so unless you can get to the top of the google search with your reviews it is wasted time that could go toward an eventual payday via the courts.

I wish you luck and hope you do bring and win an action against these guys.

Doug

Douglas Portz Photography
www.portz.ca (external link)
www.winnipegsportsteam​photos.com (external link)
www.winnipegsportsphot​os.com (external link)
www.winnipegeventphoto​s.com (external link)

dmitrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
594 posts
Joined Jun 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by dmitrim.

Jun 29, 2015 15:11 |  #23

Bumping this as Vigor Media thieves now have new website and go under the name of Ring Tail Films.

Facebook (external link)

sirquack
Goldmember
2,565 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 30, 2015 11:46 |  #24

Have you sent this information to Photo Stealers? I know they are fond of outing these sorts of shady businesses.

Name is Ron.
Bodies - 6D/5D3/7D2-Gripped
Lenses - Canon 17-40 F4/24-70 F2.8 II/85 F1.8/Canon 70-200 F2.8 II/F4/Sigma 30 DC/Tamron 150-600
Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,009 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 30, 2015 17:29 |  #25

sirquack wrote in post #17615823 (external link)
Have you sent this information to Photo Stealers? I know they are fond of outing these sorts of shady businesses.

Especially the ones that rebrand.

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

dmitrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
594 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 30, 2015 23:44 |  #26

sirquack wrote in post #17615823 (external link)

No I haven't. They never posted anything I sent them in the past so I am not sure I have time to do another submission...

Facebook (external link)

drmaxx
Goldmember
1,217 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 01, 2015 01:06 |  #27

Photo Stealers has currently their own set of problems (worse then being called pathetic...)
See here: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1432182

Donate if you love POTN

dmitrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
594 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 02, 2015 17:07 |  #28

drmaxx wrote in post #17616521 (external link)
Photo Stealers has currently their own set of problems (worse then being called pathetic...)
See here: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1432182

They can sue all the want,but if what was said is true then judge will throw it out. those who steal are thieves, crooks AND scammers

Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

6,472 views & 2 likes for this thread
photo thiefs www.vmweddings.com
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.