Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 28 Nov 2013 (Thursday) 23:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D Mark III for $2445 at BigValueInc via eBay

Asterisk
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 28, 2013 23:05 |  #1

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …-at-bigvalueinc-via-ebay/ (external link)

sponsored links
machinez
327 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 28, 2013 23:15 |  #2

much faster sell rate than 6D. I guess everyone was holding out

Flickr (external link)

rebop
540 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 28, 2013 23:19 |  #3

Anyone have good or bad experiences with Big Value? Will Canon SA repair these in or out of warranty?

I am so tempted. Push me to one side of the fence or the other please :)

I'm Bob and I'm an L-coholic
1DX - 5D MK II - G5 X
16-35
L - 24-105 II L - 24-70 II L
70-200 2.8 L - 70-300 L - 100 2.8 L Macro

Asterisk
THREAD ­ STARTER
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 28, 2013 23:34 |  #4

rebop wrote in post #16487578 (external link)
Anyone have good or bad experiences with Big Value? Will Canon SA repair these in or out of warranty?

The general consensus is Canon USA doesn't care where you buy your camera from, as long as you have a receipt that shows it's within the one year period. They never ask for the warranty card.

machinez
327 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 28, 2013 23:40 |  #5

rebop wrote in post #16487578 (external link)

This is my 3rd 5d3 from bigvalueinc
First was Japanese retail body only
Second was US/CAN retail kit body with warranty card, but 24-105 removed.

I've heard canon service centers will repair clean/check, prob won't honor the 12 month warranty on the units with US/CAN warranty cards included.

I believe that's how they can be sold that cheap. Canon probably sells a huge chunk of cameras through non-authorized dealers without warranty, especially if they can move in quantity. Just another sales channel for them.

No reason why they shouldn't accept grey market for servicing, CPS charges for labor and parts.

Flickr (external link)

rebop
540 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 28, 2013 23:51 |  #6

Thanks folks. Appreciate the fast responses. Hard to resist at the price and seems like a worthwhile upgrade from my MK II.

I'm Bob and I'm an L-coholic
1DX - 5D MK II - G5 X
16-35
L - 24-105 II L - 24-70 II L
70-200 2.8 L - 70-300 L - 100 2.8 L Macro

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 28, 2013 23:59 |  #7

machinez wrote in post #16487615 (external link)
This is my 3rd 5d3 from bigvalueinc
First was Japanese retail body only
Second was US/CAN retail kit body with warranty card, but 24-105 removed.

I've heard canon service centers will repair clean/check, prob won't honor the 12 month warranty on the units with US/CAN warranty cards included.

I believe that's how they can be sold that cheap. Canon probably sells a huge chunk of cameras through non-authorized dealers without warranty, especially if they can move in quantity. Just another sales channel for them.

No reason why they shouldn't accept grey market for servicing, CPS charges for labor and parts.

We did a survey on Canon service center's service policies, last year.

There were 27 respondents who sent in a known "unauthorized dealer" body for service under the one year Canon warranty.

Everyone reported that the service was fully covered, no questions asked. They only asked to see a dated receipt to prove that warranty coverage had not elapsed.

Now, Canon is always free to change their policies, but this was a resounding statement as to whether or not "authorized" vs. "unauthorized" dealers matter for warranty service.

You would be surprised at where unauthorized dealers get their inventory. It's not from Canon directly, but most of the time it's from authorized dealers who are trying to unload inventory. I have a half-written article on this subject, perhaps after this deal craziness is over, I'll finish it.

NYC2BGI
846 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 29, 2013 00:05 |  #8

I just bought one. It was my first Ebay purchase so it was confusing but I finally got it to work.

Canon 5D3, 5D2, 40D
EF 50mm f1.4, EF 85mm f1.8,
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
http://www.facebook.co​m/HightechPix (external link)

Down_Shift
Goldmember
1,315 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Nov 29, 2013 02:10 |  #9

HAd two in my check out and fn PayPal kept stalling the log in. wtf. Lost them. Was waiting for this deal all week. Damn.

sponsored links

1,337 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D Mark III for $2445 at BigValueInc via eBay
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.