Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 30 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 12:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Pixma PRO-10 Wireless Photo Printer $100-TODAY ONLY!

ItsMike
Goldmember
2,185 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 30, 2013 22:18 |  #16

If your on the fence.. I jumped on this today, I called though.. not online..

I spoke with this guy, he was beyond helpful and advised me of the whole process...

Steve Warren
Midwest Photo Exchange
Operations Manager
Direct: 614-827-9837

Tell him Mike from Huntington NY sent ya... Lol Apparently he knew one of my Favorite Pizza spots downtown..

Gear

sponsored links
badams
699 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Nov 30, 2013 22:59 |  #17

Is this the pro 100 or the pro 10?

Everyday use: 7D2, 1.4x v3 Canon TC (sometimes the 2x v2 Canon TC), Canon 500mm f4 L IS USM; 6D, 24-105L
http://www.southernokp​hotography.com (external link)

ridedontslide
97 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Nov 30, 2013 23:33 as a reply to  @ badams's post |  #18

Pro-10

Canon EOS 6D ... EF 70-200L f/2.8 IS II ... EF 24-70L f/2.8 L II ... EF 17-40L f/4 ... EF 40 f/2.8
http://500px.com/hypok​ondriak (external link)

Xyclopx
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 01, 2013 03:25 as a reply to  @ ridedontslide's post |  #19

So they had the pro 100 free and now the 10 for like a hundred. When are they gonna have the pro 1 on sale!?!? Please post if u see that deal!

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Dec 01, 2013 08:10 |  #20

Xyclopx wrote in post #16492080 (external link)
So they had the pro 100 free and now the 10 for like a hundred. When are they gonna have the pro 1 on sale!?!? Please post if u see that deal!

I was thinking the same thing. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

kosin
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 01, 2013 17:15 |  #21

I was also thinking of getting a Pro-1 printer but except 2 extra shades of black and larger cartridges, there is really not to much difference between the Pro-1 and Pro-10, from all the reviews I've read about these two printers. Even B&W prints look almost the same - difference can be seen only with a loupe. I'd definitely buy Pro-1 if it could print from the roll…

On the other note, I wish there were deals like this one on 17" or even 24" printers :)

Greg Gard
=> www.greggard.com (external link)
follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/greggardphoto/ (external link)

ridedontslide
97 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 14, 2013 10:32 |  #22

Just a follow-up they contacted me and told me they don't have stock and can't ship until late January. Why it took them 2 weeks to figure this out is a little lame.

Canon EOS 6D ... EF 70-200L f/2.8 IS II ... EF 24-70L f/2.8 L II ... EF 17-40L f/4 ... EF 40 f/2.8

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Dec 14, 2013 12:24 |  #23

Well, it appears that they didn't know until Canon contacted them that Canon was unable to supply the product to them. It appears that it was out of their control. If you stick with them, it's even a better deal now with 2 packages of paper instead of one. Of course, you can cancel your deal too without losing anything. I'm seeing current deals from other stores for the Pro-100 for $100 AR or more. This is a sweet deal for the Pro-10. I know it's disappointing if you need it right away, but I think that they are bending over backwards to support their customers. I have no conplaints.

Barry

ridedontslide
97 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 15, 2013 08:58 |  #24

It sure would have been nice if they checked on that before rather than after publishing this sale. At least they generated traffic to their site I'm guessing that was their goal.

Do you work for them Bearman?

botw
Goldmember
1,154 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 15, 2013 11:11 |  #25

Canon is basically giving away their printers. They must be making a mint on ink. I picked up an s110 for my wife's christmas present and got a pro-100 and paper thrown in with a rebate worth $38 more than the printer.

www.gc5photography.com (external link)

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 15, 2013 11:37 |  #26

Not at all. I knew of them from the Strobist website, and having ordered from them before, I receive their emails. I've never been to the store and I don't know anyone there. I just turned a friend onto their close out special of an Acratech GPs ball head for $200.

When you ordered, the printer was already on back order. I don't think there was any guaranteed date of shipment. I can understand being disappointed that it's not arriving by your expected date, but I really can't find fault with their customer service.

Barry

ridedontslide
97 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 15, 2013 11:58 |  #27

They did in fact tell me I'd have it by the holidays and I have that in writing - I just didn't choose to get into all the specifics of my situation here. We are doing canvas wraps of our new baby for grandparents for Christmas so having it for the holidays has now become important because of course we've since ordered canvas and paper for the printer.

Bottom line I called because I was concerned about the no stock and was informed to still place my order, and the following week I received an email saying I would have it by the holidays. They should have checked with Canon first before running a promotion like this with limited numbers entered in their system based on what they knew they could fulfill. It looks like a publicity stunt in retrospect.

Anyway this is my last post on this topic. I bought the printer from a more reliable source and I don't want to debate.

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 15, 2013 12:27 |  #28

I hope that you have a nice holiday, ridedontslide :wink:

By the way, you should keep the MPEX order for the two packs of paper plus the ink. It's less expensive than buying the ink alone. (Though I hate to suggest it for environmental reasons).

Barry

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,450 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 15, 2013 16:26 |  #29

I too ordered one and heard from MPEX that they couldn't ship until late January. I don't need it right away, so I don't mind - but - I emailed them back and asked if they guaranteed that I would receive the printer in time for the rebate - which needs to be post marked on the 31st of Jan - haven't had a response yet. If the deadline for the rebate is missed, it blows the deal...

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

Bearmann
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 15, 2013 17:38 |  #30

cutwater wrote in post #16529771 (external link)
I too ordered one and heard from MPEX that they couldn't ship until late January. I don't need it right away, so I don't mind - but - I emailed them back and asked if they guaranteed that I would receive the printer in time for the rebate - which needs to be post marked on the 31st of Jan - haven't had a response yet. If the deadline for the rebate is missed, it blows the deal...

I've already asked. The rebate will be extended.

Barry

sponsored links

8,586 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Pixma PRO-10 Wireless Photo Printer $100-TODAY ONLY!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.