Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 01 Dec 2013 (Sunday) 04:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Guru variations

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 04, 2013 17:21 |  #31

freitz wrote in post #16501588 (external link)
Awesome Thanks I was waiting for this. I ordered the Medium Shallow ICU for just the 6d 24-70 and a EOS M both lenses. I think I could have gotten away with a Small ICU but I play on adding either a 24-70 II or 135MM and a Fast prime probably 50 1.4 or 1.2 in the future.

The Guru looks fairly large next to the Satori I thought it would be much smaller then that. However I just did measurements and my old Swiss Bag is like 16 inches and the Guru is 19. Also the depth on the Guru is surprising, Im excited I should have it this Friday.

Good choice on the Medium Shallow ICU. I believe the Medium Pro ICU's do not fit the Guru's anymore, unless they fixed that recently. They had changed the Medium Pro ICU's to be stiffer and less flexible, and they did not fit my new Guru. Had to resort to the Medium Shallow ICU, plenty of space. No complaints except the lack of product testing and waiting time from F-Stop.

sponsored links
MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,722 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 04, 2013 19:12 |  #32

Great comparo pics. Thank you. Friend is buying me the Guru with medium slope for Xmas. Can't wait to get it. I have many bags but have never had a pack with a built in metal frame.

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 04, 2013 19:15 |  #33

MDJAK wrote in post #16502183 (external link)
Great comparo pics. Thank you. Friend is buying me the Guru with medium slope for Xmas. Can't wait to get it. I have many bags but have never had a pack with a built in metal frame.

That is one good friend lol.

freitz
733 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 04, 2013 20:34 |  #34

MDJAK wrote in post #16502183 (external link)

Im the same never a pack with a metal frame. I am interested to see how it is going to feel all day in 90 degree weather... Ill test it out next week.

Camera: Leica M240 - Summilux 35mm 1.4 FLE
PC: I7 3930k // EVGA GTX TITAN SC // 16GB RAM 1866 // ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME // All Watercooled // CASELABS SM8
NAS/Server: Synology DS213air // 2x 2TB WD Red NAS drives

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,611 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined May 2010

Dec 04, 2013 21:40 |  #35

I have a few questions for anyone with a Guru

1. With the Guru and med slope about how much room is left in the top?
2. ow accessible is gear in the back?
3. From the look of the waist belt it appears I can put a Thinktank holster or pouch on it?

Ideally a flip side would be perfect for me, I like easy access to my gear but I don't really like the inserts of the lowpro bags.

I was consideringa loka but its really a too big and expensive for the type of hiking I do ( which is not at all serious )

Thanks

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon 5DII • 7DII • G7XII • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 05, 2013 10:28 |  #36

Tommydigi wrote in post #16502553 (external link)
I have a few questions for anyone with a Guru

1. With the Guru and med slope about how much room is left in the top?
2. ow accessible is gear in the back?
3. From the look of the waist belt it appears I can put a Thinktank holster or pouch on it?

Ideally a flip side would be perfect for me, I like easy access to my gear but I don't really like the inserts of the lowpro bags.

I was consideringa loka but its really a too big and expensive for the type of hiking I do ( which is not at all serious )

Thanks

Not sure how helpful this will be but,

1. You still have space at the top after inserting the Medium Slope ICU. Don't have the dimensions, but if you take a regular hoody and roll it up, it's about that much :lol:.
2. Gear is accessible in the back, however, with the Medium Slope ICU, the ICU does go up past beyond the opening in the back (about an inch or so).
3. On my Guru there's sewn in straps that can be used to attach whatever you'd like. Previous versions had a pouch on one side. Mine has straps on both sides (known as MOLLE connectors?). From what I know about ThinkTank modular attachments, it should fit somehow (either through one strap, or both straps).

Hope this helps!

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,611 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 05, 2013 10:42 |  #37

Thanks xeodragon.

I may just give a flip side 400 AW a try since its only $100. That would be the perfect backpack for me if it had Thinktank quality.

Canon 5DII • 7DII • G7XII • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 06, 2013 01:05 |  #38

Tommydigi wrote in post #16503635 (external link)
Thanks xeodragon.

I may just give a flip side 400 AW a try since its only $100. That would be the perfect backpack for me if it had Thinktank quality.

No problem! Best of luck in your decision!

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,722 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 06, 2013 05:25 |  #39

I have a flip side 300 and 400. Both excellent bags, if both a bit small, but love how they swing around while on. They are like a little table for lens changing. Also I got my 400 through a Chinese seller on eBay for $70. Now be careful as some got ripped off from a phony seller.
But the Guru is completely different and I'm guessing much more comfortable for real hiking. Just the way the waist belt adjusts on the Guru makes a big difference. Can't wait to get mine.

Tommydigi wrote in post #16503635 (external link)
Thanks xeodragon.

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,611 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 06, 2013 08:32 |  #40

No doubt the guru looks like a much better bag but I need something to hold a 400 5.6 specifically for outdoors/hiking and I don't think its really possible mounted in the Guru.

I really don't do a lot of really serious hiking ( mostly just day outings ) so I can't really justify getting a Loka. I honestly don't really care for the flip side bags zippers and dividers. I am a bit spoiled with Thinktank quality. Right now I use the Sling o magic 20 for the 400L. Its well made and easy to work out of but having everything on 1 shoulder gets tough.

Mindshiftgear has some cool packs but again I don't think a 400 will fit mounted.

Now be careful as some got ripped off from a phony seller.

Adorama or Amazon have it for $109

MDJAK, please let me know how the Guru works out for you and how it compares to the flipsides.

No problem! Best of luck in your decision!

Thank you

Sorry to get off topic.

sponsored links

5,689 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Guru variations
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.