Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 29 Nov 2013 (Friday) 08:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Neck-strap. No. Hand-strap. No. What else?

I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 01:04 |  #61
bannedPermanent ban

I e-mailed PD through the link above. I linked them to this thread and sent them all the photos. I hope this helps. Thanks again, guys.

sponsored links
I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 01:05 |  #62
bannedPermanent ban

Snydremark wrote in post #16505485 (external link)
Feel free to copy my shots as comparisons if you want when you send it all along...that's crazy.

Thank you.

I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 01:17 |  #63
bannedPermanent ban

The e-mail in the link above comes back as non-deliverable. Not sure what that means.

Just got a "We got your message." reply from PD's Contact Us page. Should hear from them later today.

Canajun
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 06, 2013 01:40 as a reply to  @ I Love Cats's post |  #64

I like DIY stuff so I've made my own inspired by an old thread here at POTN. But I do like PD's quick release system.

IMAGE: http://www.gregorio.ca/eyeboll/archives/640xStillife/2012/IMG_2800.jpg
IMAGE: http://www.gregorio.ca/eyeboll/archives/640xStillife/2012/IMG_2793.jpg

This is how it's attached to the battery grip:
IMAGE: http://www.gregorio.ca/eyeboll/archives/640xStillife/2012/IMG_2794.jpg

An alternative way:
IMAGE: http://www.gregorio.ca/eyeboll/archives/640xStillife/2012/IMG_2797.jpg

Jun.Roberto.Dizon.Greg​orio
My Photographic Gears.

I Like Shooting Animals Than People.

I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 01:47 |  #65
bannedPermanent ban

Well, that looks simple and efficient. Thanks.

Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 06, 2013 02:29 |  #66

Snydremark wrote in post #16504779 (external link)
Hahahaha....if you haven't, already, you definitely need to send that anecdote to the PD folks :D

Lol, yeah i think they asked me for a photo at one point, its not exactly as fancy as it sounds...

IMAGE: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/181/6/f/dscf8317_s_by_casephoto-d6bfn9l.jpg

I use about 3 cameras regularly, I have 2 or 3 leashes that i use for different cameras in different ways, all the parts get used alot, including just the anchors with the little round plastic, i put a carbine through that for my x100.

If you're curious this is what i made for myself long before PD designed a proper one:

IMAGE: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/125/7/4/diy_belt_by_saintcase-d3fnjjc.jpg

I don't personally like handstraps, if i want to hold the camera, i'm already holding it. And if i don't want to hold the camera, then i don't want to hold it! Thats why a safety leash coupled with a quick release on my belt or backpack strap, or whatever works much better for me than a wriststrap or a neckstrap. Although its borderline for any long lenses or gripped bodies.

Feel free to call me Case.
CasePhoto.ca (external link) - FanPage (external link)
-Montreal based Photography.

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,738 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 06, 2013 02:49 as a reply to  @ Csae's post |  #67

I Love Cats wrote in post #16505513 (external link)
The e-mail in the link above comes back as non-deliverable. Not sure what that means.

Just got a "We got your message." reply from PD's Contact Us page. Should hear from them later today.

Please let us know what they say. Like I said, if this is the new design of it I can not suggest it to anyone else and I will not be buying another as planned! (I'm really hopping they didn't redesign it to be like that!!!)

Canajun wrote in post #16505526 (external link)
I like DIY stuff so I've made my own inspired by an old thread here at POTN. But I do like PD's quick release system.
http://www.gregorio.ca …tillife/2012/IM​G_2800.jpg (external link)
http://www.gregorio.ca …tillife/2012/IM​G_2793.jpg (external link)

This is how it's attached to the battery grip:
http://www.gregorio.ca …tillife/2012/IM​G_2794.jpg (external link)

An alternative way:
http://www.gregorio.ca …tillife/2012/IM​G_2797.jpg (external link)

Not going to lie, that is pretty groovy!

dodgyexposure
Goldmember
2,874 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 06, 2013 05:37 |  #68

I just measured my cuff, received a few days ago. It's the same size as Snyderemark's, about an inch longer than the OP's. Looks like you got a short one, OP.

Cheers, Damien

I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 06:07 |  #69
bannedPermanent ban

dodgyexposure wrote in post #16505718 (external link)
I just measured my cuff, received a few days ago. It's the same size as Snyderemark's, about an inch longer than the OP's. Looks like you got a short one, OP.

Don't tell my wife, please!

I replied to PD's "got your message" e-mail. Same address as the link above. It went through this time. I'm sure they'll make this right.

Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 06, 2013 14:33 |  #70

Is that why you're so picky :lol:

They have a good record i'm sure they'll sort you out quickly.

I ­ Love ­ Cats
THREAD ­ STARTER
269 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 06, 2013 16:20 |  #71
bannedPermanent ban

What follows is the e-mail reply that I got from Peak Design's CS rep:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your support and feedback. Regarding the issue with Cuff being too small/tight, it's something we've heard from a number of customers. We've also had folks tell us the exact opposite - that Cuff is too loose for them. Ultimately it's tough to accommodate the wide range of wrist sizes with a single one-size-fits-all product.

Recently we made a tweak to the Cuff design that made it a little smaller around the wrist. Unfortunately we made it a little too small to work for everybody. In response we have once again tweaked the Cuff design, and we expect a new batch of Cuffs to arrive in the near future that are slightly larger than the unit you received.

If you like, we can place you on a list to receive a new Cuff free of charge once the new models are available. We can't promise when that will be, but until then you can keep your current unit and you won't even have to mail it back to us when we send the new one. How does that sound?

As for the review you posted, we would very much appreciate you "re-reviewing" the Cuff again when you receive the new one that is to speck.

Thanks again for supporting Peak Design, and as always happy shooting!

Jen

Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
19,310 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 06, 2013 16:26 |  #72

I Love Cats wrote in post #16507131 (external link)
What follows is the e-mail reply that I got from Peak Design's CS rep:

...Ultimately it's tough to accommodate the wide range of wrist sizes with a single one-size-fits-all product.

You know...I LOVE their products; but the snippet above is why most companies have different sizes available when such a situation arises. I wonder why they wouldn't just offer a S/M/L sort of thing.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 06, 2013 16:59 |  #73

Probably cost.

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 06, 2013 23:21 |  #74

Or why not make it with a locking adjustable thing-a-ma-bob?

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,738 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 06, 2013 23:39 |  #75

I Love Cats wrote in post #16507131 (external link)
We've also had folks tell us the exact opposite - that Cuff is too loose for them. Ultimately it's tough to accommodate the wide range of wrist sizes with a single one-size-fits-all product.

Errggggg......I have, what I consider to be fairly small wrists for a man. I do however love the length of, what I shall now call "the original cuff". Large enough to easily fit a hand through, long enough to use with a grip, and (may favorite reason) long enough to double over and wear as a bracelet when not being used. I know that last one might seems weird but when the camera is clipped into my capture clip its nice not having the wrist strap swigging around....and thats the reason I switched from the Clik Elite wrist strap to the PD Cuff.

Here's hoping that "a new batch of Cuffs to arrive in the near future that are slightly larger than the unit you received" really means 'we went back to the original cuff's dimensions!'

sponsored links

15,157 views & 0 likes for this thread
Neck-strap. No. Hand-strap. No. What else?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.