Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 22 Nov 2013 (Friday) 14:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Viktorija&Yan 2013 Saint-Petersburg

hung159hd
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 03, 2013 18:22 |  #31

Amazing!

sponsored links
john123
Goldmember
1,166 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 06, 2013 09:13 |  #32

CanonVsNikon wrote in post #16499012 (external link)
True. His skin tones are very good and consistent. That is very hard to accomplish. It doesn't hurt that his subjects are all very attractive.

It takes years to come to this skill level , some things you just cannot teach . He actually does teach classes , I think, but I hav'nt seen anybody producing ones like these.

Trent ­ Gillespie
589 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Dec 06, 2013 12:06 |  #33

Roshan wrote in post #16491813 (external link)
Almost makes me want to run out and buy a D4. Look at how he's pushing shadows and contrast to create that perfect image.

The camera has very little to do with the results here. Lighting conditions, correct exposure and clean post processing.... and emotion are what make his images stand above the rest. The hotel room for the prep basically has 3 ginormous soft boxes in it. The ceremony location is also very evenly and well lit by natural light. The outdoor shots are the most impressive to me, as they are all perfectly exposed and well balanced in relation to highlights and shadows.

Trent Gillespie
Denver Wedding Photographer (external link)
Gear in the Bag (external link)

mclaren777
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 06, 2013 20:46 |  #34

I've always wanted to know if Aleksandras and Irina do their own post-processing or if they outsource it.

Does anybody know?

A simple comparison of sensor technology: Nikon vs. Canon (external link)
A technical comparison of sensor technology: Exposure Latitude (external link)

Trent ­ Gillespie
589 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Dec 06, 2013 22:34 |  #35

mclaren777 wrote in post #16507606 (external link)
I've always wanted to know if Aleksandras and Irina do their own post-processing or if they outsource it.

Does anybody know?

I would doubt that they will disclose that. They may, but for the clientele they are servicing, its probably all in-house.

Trent Gillespie
Denver Wedding Photographer (external link)
Gear in the Bag (external link)

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,914 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 07, 2013 08:10 |  #36

Strange that he is with his daughter shooting for years then posting here and they mentioned their gear used several times and no much members trying to have same results? forget about the moments and emotion, i am talking about IQ, so no one can achieve same quality using 5D3/5D2/1DX and 70-200 2.8II/24-70L and say 85mm 1.2?

Sure if someone can get t same place and same day time as he did with good gear and understanding how to meter and set the exposure then anything else with post processing is just ...... well you know.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,739 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 07, 2013 09:04 |  #37

Tareq wrote in post #16508416 (external link)
Strange that he is with his daughter shooting for years then posting here and they mentioned their gear used several times and no much members trying to have same results? forget about the moments and emotion, i am talking about IQ, so no one can achieve same quality using 5D3/5D2/1DX and 70-200 2.8II/24-70L and say 85mm 1.2?

Sure if someone can get t same place and same day time as he did with good gear and understanding how to meter and set the exposure then anything else with post processing is just ...... well you know.

Id say Lisa Holloway is pretty close in terms of clarity and color. Obviously, their post work is fantastic and sets them apart from others. Ive had a big discussion on FB and another forum about their DOF as it always impresses me. Many thought it was enhanced in post. Either way, it looks great.

Shane
flickr (external link)

Tareq
17,914 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 07, 2013 10:13 |  #38

JakAHearts wrote in post #16508488 (external link)
Id say Lisa Holloway is pretty close in terms of clarity and color. Obviously, their post work is fantastic and sets them apart from others. Ive had a big discussion on FB and another forum about their DOF as it always impresses me. Many thought it was enhanced in post. Either way, it looks great.

Thank you very much for this post, i will look at her work, and we always learn from them.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
19,393 posts
Gallery: 350 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 07, 2013 10:37 |  #39

Outstanding work, as always.
Best wedding photographer I know.

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

CanonVsNikon
255 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Dec 07, 2013 16:21 |  #40
bannedPermanent ban

Yep, this guy and Lisa Holloway have their own look and they do it great

john123
Goldmember
1,166 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 08, 2013 05:29 |  #41

It should be noted that this guy photographs a live event and does not have time to set up his shots . The shots look consistent either indoor or outdoor . Post processing certainly has a lot to do with it . I think he mentioned he uses Nik software .. . Understanding light is a vital factor ..

Tareq
17,914 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2013 05:58 |  #42

john123 wrote in post #16510429 (external link)
It should be noted that this guy photographs a live event and does not have time to set up his shots . The shots look consistent either indoor or outdoor . Post processing certainly has a lot to do with it . I think he mentioned he uses Nik software .. . Understanding light is a vital factor ..

Yes, and i don't know why thinking using filters or post processing is the least or not important, sometimes the lighting conditions can't make you to keep all your photos consistent for all your photos, then what is wrong if i post process them to make them all equally lit, sharp, and consistent? Sometimes my skills can't solve the issues i can see around me, he/she are great for capturing the right moments on those events, good, but beyond that we shouldn't forget the power of post processing.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Zethar
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 08, 2013 23:06 |  #43

Simply outstanding! Thanks for sharing your work. The people and location are incredible. I feel I was there.

1DX, 1DIV, 5DIII, A7RII, RX1RII, 14 2.8L II, 35 1.4L, 50 1.2L, 85 1.2L II, 135 2L, 16-35 2.8L II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 300 2.8L, 400 5.6L, IS, 800 5.6L IS

EmaginePixel
Goldmember
1,945 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 14, 2013 00:15 |  #44

Crazy good! Again and again...

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why its called the present” - Kung Fu Panda
EmaginePixel.com website (external link) ----- SportsShooter profile (external link) ----- Facebook page (external link)

starlights
661 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 22, 2013 19:25 |  #45

Aleksandras, Your work is outstanding (for the lack of better word)!
I am sure a lot of us (me included) would love to get some tips on your lighting technique, if you are willing to share.

sponsored links

11,887 views & 0 likes for this thread
Viktorija&Yan 2013 Saint-Petersburg
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.