Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 09 Dec 2013 (Monday) 17:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What would you do?

Mag-1981
987 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2012

Dec 11, 2013 00:03 |  #31

No, spot removal tool in LR5 is definitely not a garbage. It may take some time to get used to though.

sponsored links
xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 11, 2013 00:05 |  #32

Ok thanks Mag, you're great for helping me out so much! :) I figured I was using it wrong because it ruins the spot I'm trying to heal lol. What's pushing me away is that I just haven't taken the time to learn it yet :P I know I'll love it once I get into it

Bodies: Canon 5D3 - Canon 1D4
Lenses: Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM SPORTS - Canon 100mm F2.8 L - Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L - - Canon 85mm F1.2 L V2 - Canon 40mm F2.8 Pancake
Extras: 2 Neewer TT520 Speedlites - Manfrotto 3021BPRO and ballhead

Check out my Flickr (external link)!

Mag-1981
987 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 11, 2013 00:13 |  #33

Good. The beauty of LR is in its complex simplicity.

BigSkyKen
128 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 11, 2013 00:14 |  #34

When you open the spot removal tool, check to see if it is on Clone or Heal...there is a difference in how they work.

BigSkyKen
Wildlife & Nature Blog @ His Creation (external link)

xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 11, 2013 00:25 |  #35

I tried both, didn't like either but I haven't seen any tutorials so I'm not gunna knock it now. Figured out how to edit my signature, but idk how to put it on the photos :P. idk yet so we'll see if I fall in love or if I just live with some small issues :)

Lenses: Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM SPORTS - Canon 100mm F2.8 L - Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L - - Canon 85mm F1.2 L V2 - Canon 40mm F2.8 Pancake

Mag-1981
987 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 11, 2013 00:34 |  #36

hehe, it normally takes more than 51 minutes to work the photo editing software out :) I wish you find your way soon.

xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 11, 2013 00:38 |  #37

Haha :) Yeh I have looked at it a few hours (in the past) but this time I'm taking way more time to figure it all out. Thanks again for helping me out, I don't have anyone near me who would be able to help....flyin' solo into this mess of photography would suck without this forum for sure! :P. I will put quite a bit more time into figuring it out and really understanding it's details. Hopefully it becomes my main editing software as it'd make it a lot faster (with the film roll on the bottom and such).

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 11, 2013 01:51 |  #38

One of the major items with LR that seems to be overlooked is that the edits are all non-destructive. You can revert any time. And you can also just make a virtual copy of any image and edit it as you would the original.

And the fact that editing in LR is non-destructive is one of the reasons it's not as feature rich as CS5 or CS6.

Keep at it, it's worth the time and effort.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 11, 2013 01:57 |  #39

It seems like a good upgrade, been watching a video on it for a bit and been messing with it a bit. Seems faster, but this video is just suggesting that I go to PS for spot healing things so idk if that's what I want to do or if I should really try to maximize the usage of LR if I am going to use it

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 11, 2013 09:50 |  #40

http://tv.adobe.com/sh​ow/learn-lightroom-5/ (external link)

One caution, Adobe TV is evidently using LR4 to demonstrate LR5 which misses the enhancements in many cases.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 13, 2013 03:34 |  #41

Alright. Given LR a few hours (like 5-10 hours) and...you guys have converted me lol

This program is much better than PS for the simple idea of the camera roll. I love that little thing on the bottom. I have barely even touched the surface of what LR can do and I love it. I haven't tried side by sides, the rating system or anything like that but MAN is this program good! I'm would say that I'm twice as fast as before. It's not blazing fast, but I edited about 35 images in only a few hours (that's good for me cuz I'm usually facebooking and doing homewrok at the same time).

This will come in handy for the shoot that I just scheduled for this Saturday. My clients texted me Wednesday (they are friends) and they want the shoot on Saturday and everything to be done by Sunday or Monday....they are making Christmas cards and just got this idea now -.-...Well whatever they want, customer is always right and I guess I'll be bookin' it to get these pictures done!...This is on top of a concert I'm going to Sunday night where I wanted to take a TON of shots...if only I had my bosses 70-200mm F4 lens for that ;P

sponsored links

2,452 views & 0 likes for this thread
What would you do?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.