Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 16 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 12:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

eBay False listing -No refund

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,842 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 21, 2013 11:47 |  #31

Keep on them and don't let up. Also, keep us informed, too.

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

sponsored links
Arte ­ Automobilistica
THREAD ­ STARTER
312 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 25, 2013 03:17 as a reply to  @ Methodical's post |  #32

Hi

I won my appeal and got a full refund :cool:

Thank you to everyone for their advice and support.

NelPhotos.co.uk (external link)
Work: 7D + Sigma 100-300 4
Play: Kiss X4 + 15-85 IS + 10-22 + 50 1.8 II + Vivitar 1 70-210 3.5
EOS-M + 18-55 + FD 50 1.4 + FD 135 2.8 + Tamron 35-80 1A
G9, SX280 HS + CHDK, Casio EX-FH 100, Toshiba L505-144 & iPad 2

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,842 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 25, 2013 06:49 |  #33

Arte Automobilistica wrote in post #16478093 (external link)
Hi

Congrats. The squeaky wheel always gets oiled. What did you do? What did you tell them or provide to them? Can you provide some specifics, just in case one of us are in the same position.

Thanks...Al

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

jrbdmb
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Joined May 2011

Nov 25, 2013 09:27 |  #34

Arte Automobilistica wrote in post #16478093 (external link)
Hi

Glad to hear that.

BTW, I just looked at the original auction, and I would not have gone near this particular camera. Pictures really didn't show much of the camera (none of the bottom or back of it, no close-ups of the lens glass), and what they did show was that the camera was filthy and the seller couldn't be bothered to clean it up. Those are all red flags for me.

Tools: 70D, 10-22, Tamron 24-70 VC, 70-300L, 135 f2L

Arte ­ Automobilistica
THREAD ­ STARTER
312 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 10, 2013 13:02 as a reply to  @ jrbdmb's post |  #35

Hi

Sorry for taking so long to reply but tis the season to be videoing (nativity plays)! I try and conduct my online writings as I would do speaking. No abuse, threats etc. I don't post/email in anger. this I feel counted in my favour in my appeal as they have all my messages to hand. I set out my appeal giving all the facts and why they are relevant (eg shutter count) to the case. I informed them that I had raised the matter with my credit card company. If there is a next time then I will add lots of photos showing the problems as a photo speaks a thousand words.

I agree with all of you that the photos were not great, but I naively relied on the listing as it was unambiguous. It was a buy it now and I didn't want to miss a bargain. Me bad! Lesson learnt. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Thanks again to you all who took the time to respond to my post. It still excites me (in a global village sort of a way) how you can go to sleep with a problem and to wake up the next morning and there are solutions from all over the world.

NelPhotos.co.uk (external link)
Work: 7D + Sigma 100-300 4
Play: Kiss X4 + 15-85 IS + 10-22 + 50 1.8 II + Vivitar 1 70-210 3.5
EOS-M + 18-55 + FD 50 1.4 + FD 135 2.8 + Tamron 35-80 1A
G9, SX280 HS + CHDK, Casio EX-FH 100, Toshiba L505-144 & iPad 2

Bearmann
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Dec 10, 2013 15:24 |  #36

Congratulations on your favorable outcome! :)

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

eye2i
Goldmember
1,791 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 10, 2013 15:38 |  #37

That's sweet! a victory to humanity =D

vargasjv
774 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 10, 2013 20:01 |  #38

Congratulations - seems you got a bit lucky.

The description was off - but those pictures told the story....

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 10, 2013 22:04 |  #39

The problem here is buyers remorse and sellers can get the short end of the stick because of it. What if you used the camera for a week and decided your camera phone was just as good. So you rented the camera to test drive it for a week for the cost of shipping. And what if you returned it broken claiming it was already broken.

People like to bash Ebay/Paypal but it's a two way street buyers scam, sellers scam and yet everyone always runs back in hopes of getting a steal.

sparky16
363 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 10, 2013 23:30 |  #40

isoMorphic wrote in post #16517748 (external link)
The problem here is buyers remorse and sellers can get the short end of the stick because of it. What if you used the camera for a week and decided your camera phone was just as good. So you rented the camera to test drive it for a week for the cost of shipping. And what if you returned it broken claiming it was already broken.

People like to bash Ebay/Paypal but it's a two way street buyers scam, sellers scam and yet everyone always runs back in hopes of getting a steal.

No reason to be sarcastic. I had never thought this way as you suggested until I read your post. Your name/Id will be forever marked/crossed off for "NEVER BUY FROM THIS GUY", seriously!

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,173 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Dec 11, 2013 05:07 |  #41

sparky16 wrote in post #16517895 (external link)
No reason to be sarcastic. I had never thought this way as you suggested until I read your post. Your name/Id will be forever marked/crossed off for "NEVER BUY FROM THIS GUY", seriously!

??? He brings up good reasons for why eBay would rule in favor of the buyer, there was no sarcasm, why the animosity?

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Adroc
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 11, 2013 14:39 |  #42

Congrats on the appeal! Good to know that you could appeal on ebay.

ZLGragg
217 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 12, 2013 00:13 |  #43

congrats
thanks for sharing your story

5D2, 1Ds2, 1D2N
Rok 8mm, 35mm, 85mm; CZ 28-85mm; Canon 28-80L, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8
fs: Tokina 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8; Contax Zeiss 135mm f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm f/4L; 1D classic; lots of alt lenses from 28-210mm

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 12, 2013 22:57 |  #44

Your name/Id will be forever marked/crossed off for "NEVER BUY FROM THIS GUY", seriously!

No worries I don't need your money and I'd never sell anything camera related you would ever want to buy. But if you want to hate on me for simply posting the truth then hate on brother.

Rockrz
136 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 12, 2013 23:43 |  #45

John wrote in post #16456401 (external link)
Yep, as much as Paypal likes to try to make you send money with your bank account, I always change it so that the payment comes from a credit card. Paypal can't fight back against a chargeback by credit card banks.

Here, here!

Nuthin like being a smart shopper to make sure you have
recourse in case you get the proverbial shaftola :cool:

He's just referring to what alot of folks out there do as they rip off merchants... I doubt he's claiming you were doing this.

|
|
Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18mp CMOS
Canon EF-S 18-135mm
Canon EF-S 55-250mm (Coming Soon!)
Canon PowerShot SX1IS

sponsored links

6,163 views & 0 likes for this thread
eBay False listing -No refund
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.