Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 15 Dec 2013 (Sunday) 11:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best Deal on a 70-200 F/4 Canon Tripod Mount Ring??

Ynot
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 15, 2013 11:19 |  #1

I'm looking for a genuine Canon tripod mount ring (#1694B001) for a 70-200 F/4. It's amazing how expensive these are. So far I've found it for $119 + $11 S&H. Without resorting to Ebay, where's the best deal I can find on one and not be a knock-off?

Thanks

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

sponsored links
klassenl
152 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 15, 2013 16:23 |  #2

Ynot wrote in post #16529085 (external link)
"...where's the best deal I can find on one and not be a knock-off?"

Thanks

I think that this sentence is mutually exclusive.

Don't knock the knock-offs. Mine came from Cowboy Studio and I doubt you would find any difference between it and a "Canon" one.

Ynot
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 15, 2013 16:48 as a reply to  @ klassenl's post |  #3

How long have you owned yours and how much have you used it?

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

klassenl
152 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 17, 2013 21:31 |  #4

I honestly don't know how old it is............... at least a year and a half. It doesn't see much use.

judyg
170 posts
Joined May 2005

Dec 17, 2013 21:55 |  #5

I have a genuine Canon one I'm not using and I will sell it to you! I sold my 70-200 f/4 when I got the f/2.8 but kept the tripod ring intending to sell it. I never got around to selling it. It's in perfect condition. I also have the Kirk arca swiss quick release plate on it if you are interested in that. Send me a PM if interested.

bpalermini
Goldmember
1,411 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 17, 2013 23:57 |  #6

I am not sure they make one for your lens but I have an iShoot ring for my 100mm L macro. It is good quality and does exactly the same thing a Canon one would do and has held up well. I think I paid about $25 for mine but it was a while ago.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 5DIV, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L II, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 100-400L II, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,462 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 18, 2013 00:03 |  #7

Do you really need a tripod ring for a 70-200 F4? That's a really light lens. I've never had a tripod ring on mine and it does just fine.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

sponsored links

1,266 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best Deal on a 70-200 F/4 Canon Tripod Mount Ring??
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.