Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 20 Dec 2013 (Friday) 09:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

stabilizer for Canon 5dmkiii / 70D anyone?

CapnBooBoo
149 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 20, 2013 09:29 |  #1

Since 2013 i can say allot of different stabilizer systems have emerged, stabilizer are at everyone's disposal., i am in Europe and i can not find a BnH in sight, can anyone share their experiences and advise on a decent stabilizer and price.

I was looking at the hand held ones then gave up after realizing they worked with GoPro and iPhones, tops a small video camera.

i really like the taller ones with the weight on the bottom but i understand its the gimbal that does the trick, price always matter and i wonder how often one uses a stabilizer, i read older posts where people said they could not hold one for more then a few minutes before passing out.

any ideas in prices ranges between
$80-100 then
$100-200 then
$200-300 ?

i like glydecam, blackbird, X-series - monoCam CF Pro and a few others but i appreciate any advise if its worth getting something that works well, is simple and does not look like anything i can whip up with parts of a bed frame.

Canon 5d Mkiii 24/105 Lens Kit with Kinotehnik VF, YONGNUO YN 568 EX, 64GB Sandisk card/45mbs, EYE-FI 16GB, Lexar 16GB 1000x CF card, Lilliput 663/O/P IPS Peaking Focus HDMI In & Out, Manfroto Monopods and video tripods, Gorrilla Focus, Lamparte MatteBox Fallow Focus Rig blended with Cowboy shoulder part, GopRoHero3 Black Ed.plus underwater and lcd kit

sponsored links
IndyMike
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 20, 2013 09:59 |  #2

I will be watching this thread CapnBooBoo. I'm trying to figure out the a good one for a 70D. It will be a few months or more before I pick one up. I just pick up a Konova K2 slider. Trying to build up my equipment. I would like to be able to get some nice smooth walk around shots.

Canon 70D, EF-S 18-135mm IS STM Lens, EF 1/8 50mm, and Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens

CapnBooBoo
THREAD ­ STARTER
149 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 20, 2013 10:50 |  #3

IndyMike wrote in post #16542266 (external link)
I will be watching this thread CapnBooBoo. I'm trying to figure out the a good one for a 70D. It will be a few months or more before I pick one up. I just pick up a Konova K2 slider. Trying to build up my equipment. I would like to be able to get some nice smooth walk around shots.

yeah same here with the 70D, i am even debating on getting rid of the 5d3 because i do more video, but i love the FF :( , i spoke to canon ppl and they doubt a 5 or 6d with FF will ever be sold with the same technology of the 70D, to do that is like selling their high end video cameras for 1 quarter of the price.

Seems like canon competes with their own models, the 70D is like a 7D inside a 60D body but just a drop slower and limited by programing.

Canon 5d Mkiii 24/105 Lens Kit with Kinotehnik VF, YONGNUO YN 568 EX, 64GB Sandisk card/45mbs, EYE-FI 16GB, Lexar 16GB 1000x CF card, Lilliput 663/O/P IPS Peaking Focus HDMI In & Out, Manfroto Monopods and video tripods, Gorrilla Focus, Lamparte MatteBox Fallow Focus Rig blended with Cowboy shoulder part, GopRoHero3 Black Ed.plus underwater and lcd kit

sspellman
Goldmember
1,731 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 20, 2013 11:13 |  #4

This XCam stabilizer is one of the cheapest full function stabilizers available anywhere.

http://cheesycam.com …-video-stabilizer-review/ (external link)

http://www.ebay.com …_from=R40&_nkw=​xcam+sabre (external link)

You are correct that it will be hard to hand hold any stabilizer for an hour or more without a wrist support or vest with arm, but those are far above your price point.

ScottSpellmanMedia.com [photography]

CapnBooBoo
THREAD ­ STARTER
149 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 21, 2013 19:13 |  #5

sspellman wrote in post #16542434 (external link)
This XCam stabilizer is one of the cheapest full function stabilizers available anywhere.

http://cheesycam.com …-video-stabilizer-review/ (external link)

http://www.ebay.com …_from=R40&_nkw=​xcam+sabre (external link)

You are correct that it will be hard to hand hold any stabilizer for an hour or more without a wrist support or vest with arm, but those are far above your price point.

If these things went for like 75-100 bucks they would sell out the window

IndyMike
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 23, 2013 06:56 |  #6

sspellman I seen that review and that's the one I will more likely to get.

Canon 70D, EF-S 18-135mm IS STM Lens, EF 1/8 50mm, and Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,386 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Dec 23, 2013 08:20 |  #7

Honestly, if you're looking for quality, save your money and just go with Glidecam. The HD-2000 Pro is your best bet. It's the most well build and durable.

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

CapnBooBoo
THREAD ­ STARTER
149 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 23, 2013 14:19 |  #8

TheAnt wrote in post #16548783 (external link)
Honestly, if you're looking for quality, save your money and just go with Glidecam. The HD-2000 Pro is your best bet. It's the most well build and durable.

i almost won a bid for one at 200bucks and i missed it by an hour, lucky guy who ever it was that won the bid at 200 bucks on ebay

sponsored links

4,780 views & 0 likes for this thread
stabilizer for Canon 5dmkiii / 70D anyone?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.