Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 25 Dec 2013 (Wednesday) 11:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lens Collection Growing

trewyn15
719 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 25, 2013 11:17 |  #1

My lens collection is growing. Since I'm broke, I'm a Gold Ring kind of guy, not red :D

This was handheld at 1/13 and 3200 ISO so I apologize for the little blur and noise. Just thought I'd share.

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3757/11549524235_c740bbf099_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …92077288@N02/11​549524235/  (external link)
IMG_5955 (external link) by trewyn15 (external link), on Flickr

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mitch
Canon T3 - Canon 60D - Canon Rebel 2000
Canon EOS M - Canon PowerShot SD1100IS
Gear/Feedback

sponsored links
KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 25, 2013 11:30 |  #2

Nice little collection. Were any of them Christmas presents? That Tammy 70-300 VC is an amazing lens, as well as the 100mm. I prefer the Non-VC of the 17-50.

And IMO, a red ring is kind of like the mid-life-crisis Red Corvette! (Oh, I'm in trouble now!!! :D)

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

trewyn15
THREAD ­ STARTER
719 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 25, 2013 11:34 |  #3

KirkS518 wrote in post #16553178 (external link)
Nice little collection. Were any of them Christmas presents? That Tammy 70-300 VC is an amazing lens, as well as the 100mm. I prefer the Non-VC of the 17-50.

And IMO, a red ring is kind of like the mid-life-crisis Red Corvette! (Oh, I'm in trouble now!!! :D)

Thanks! :D The 17-50 VC was my Christmas present from my parents, the 100mm was the Christmas present to myself a couple of weeks ago haha

I got the VC because I'm generally pretty shaky, just any extra convenience at the price of some IQ in the pictures. So far I'm happy with it :D

haha if they can afford the red ring, then by all means go for it. But this guy is a couple bills short haha

Mitch
Gear/Feedback

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
12,777 posts
Gallery: 1161 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 25, 2013 11:39 |  #4

Heya,

Good lenses.

Nothing wrong with no having a red ring. It doesn't automatically take better photos. Nor does having the latest and greatest digital SLR camera either. Putting a $10,000 camera setup in someone's hands who really isn't that skilled, will not bang out photos better than someone with a 6 year old setup that cost $200 tops used, but has very good skill and knowledge of light. Good equipment is nice. But most of what makes a good photograph is not the gear. It helps. But it's certainly not the biggest factor at all.

I think mid-tier equipment is where the value is at anyways. It lets you experiment more, grow skill, and determine where your big purchases will go eventually when you actually have the knowledge and experience to know it's worth it for your photography.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

trewyn15
THREAD ­ STARTER
719 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 25, 2013 11:57 |  #5

MalVeauX wrote in post #16553191 (external link)
Heya,

Good lenses.

Nothing wrong with no having a red ring. It doesn't automatically take better photos. Nor does having the latest and greatest digital SLR camera either. Putting a $10,000 camera setup in someone's hands who really isn't that skilled, will not bang out photos better than someone with a 6 year old setup that cost $200 tops used, but has very good skill and knowledge of light. Good equipment is nice. But most of what makes a good photograph is not the gear. It helps. But it's certainly not the biggest factor at all.

I think mid-tier equipment is where the value is at anyways. It lets you experiment more, grow skill, and determine where your big purchases will go eventually when you actually have the knowledge and experience to know it's worth it for your photography.

Very best,

This could very well be the furthest I go with my main lenses. I like the f2.8 of the 17-50, which is why I was really interested in it. It performs well so far and is easily the most I need for at least the T3.

I agree, I know a couple of people with nicer cameras and lenses than I, but I've had better photo outcome due to slightly better knowledge.

Hopefully some nice lenses will allow me to venture out further yet.

Mitch
Gear/Feedback

Rui ­ Peixoto
249 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 25, 2013 12:30 |  #6

trewyn15 wrote in post #16553185 (external link)
But this guy is a couple bills short haha

Yes me too, still, just as a reminder...

hcbph
92 posts
Joined May 2013

Dec 25, 2013 14:35 |  #7

KirkS518 wrote in post #16553178 (external link)

Nice looking collection of lenses there. Remember, color doesn't make a picture.

As far as someone having a problem with my little Red Corvette, I know exactly where I'd like for them to stand when I bring it out :grin:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i162.photobucke​t.com …tte/Front_zps83​a462a9.jpg (external link)

My cars and camera gear have one thing in common: when time and money permits, there's usually an advancement.

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 25, 2013 17:51 |  #8

Looks like an 86? I had an 85. Same color, too. :D

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

hcbph
92 posts
Joined May 2013

Dec 26, 2013 05:03 as a reply to  @ KirkS518's post |  #9

86 it is. Saw it at a car auction 1 day short of my birthday, so it was a gift from me to me, and only wanted one since 1954 :lol:

trewyn15
THREAD ­ STARTER
719 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 26, 2013 09:09 |  #10

So I got anither gold ring lens last night... manual everything, a bit more of a fun lens. Can anyone guess what one it is? :)

Mitch
Gear/Feedback

sponsored links

1,317 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lens Collection Growing
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.