Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 17 Jan 2012 (Tuesday) 08:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show us your "Brenizer Method" shots!

Hot ­ Bob
Goldmember
1,021 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 02, 2013 16:04 as a reply to  @ post 16496069 |  #916

Here's another try from the other day. Totally different PP this time. The fence really gave Photoshop a hard time. I think I should have used lens correction in Lightroom before importing since there are dark vertical lines which I believe is vignetting. I thought I held better highlights in the sky but there was just too much dynamic range. I will be trying this again soon.

Bob

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/11178812836_ed437cbd03_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/hotbobs/1117881​2836/  (external link)
BRENIZER TECHNIQUE WILLY 04 (external link) by Ranger_Bob (external link), on Flickr

Image of the Horse (external link)

Gear List

sponsored links
aznbakasaru
154 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 04, 2013 12:37 |  #917

Hot Bob wrote in post #16496115 (external link)
Here's another try from the other day. Totally different PP this time. The fence really gave Photoshop a hard time. I think I should have used lens correction in Lightroom before importing since there are dark vertical lines which I believe is vignetting. I thought I held better highlights in the sky but there was just too much dynamic range. I will be trying this again soon.

Bob

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/hotbobs/1117881​2836/  (external link)
BRENIZER TECHNIQUE WILLY 04 (external link) by Ranger_Bob (external link), on Flickr

i still like this shot. do you select vignette removal when you photomerge the images?

Gear List

Hot ­ Bob
Goldmember
1,021 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 04, 2013 15:07 |  #918

aznbakasaru wrote in post #16501188 (external link)
i still like this shot. do you select vignette removal when you photomerge the images?

Thanks! I'm new to this so, my technique is probably pretty poor. I did a re-edit of this and was able to prevent the dark stripes. I used lens correction in Lightroom on one frame and it removed the vignetting. I then sync'ed the adjustments in that image with all the others before bringing everything into photoshop for merging. I did not use any vignette removal in photomerge.

Bob

Image of the Horse (external link)

Gear List

tmckitterick
38 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 08, 2013 20:45 as a reply to  @ Hot Bob's post |  #919

Tried this on a paid shoot for the first time today. Not bad. I've seen better. ;-)a

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D mkII | 50 1.8 II | 85 1.8 | 24-70 2.8L | 430ex II

Magnus3D
Goldmember
1,421 posts
Gallery: 189 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 09, 2013 05:00 |  #920

Here is a test i shot a few days ago, not my best so far.. i'm not even sure if it qualifies at a Breni.. Brezni.. such a shot whatever it's called. :)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'image/png'

/ Magnus

| Lots of cheap camera gear |

UmphreyBogart
466 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 11, 2013 09:24 |  #921

This method has me very intrigued and I would really like to try it. Unfortunately, I don't have an 85 or anything longer. Would I be wasting my time trying with the long end of my 28-75mm @ 2.8? Some really cool shots in here. Thanks everyone!

Edited to say.....

So, I tried it real quick with my 50mm for a 35 image merge and PS6 keeps freezing up during the merge. I downsized the files to 4mb on export from LR4. Is my computer incapable of handling this or is it something else? Thanks!

6D

Tamron 70-200mm f2.8| Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 85mm f/1.8 | Canon 17-40 f/4L

aznbakasaru
154 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 11, 2013 20:29 |  #922

UmphreyBogart wrote in post #16518634 (external link)
This method has me very intrigued and I would really like to try it. Unfortunately, I don't have an 85 or anything longer. Would I be wasting my time trying with the long end of my 28-75mm @ 2.8? Some really cool shots in here. Thanks everyone!

Edited to say.....

So, I tried it real quick with my 50mm for a 35 image merge and PS6 keeps freezing up during the merge. I downsized the files to 4mb on export from LR4. Is my computer incapable of handling this or is it something else? Thanks!

your best bet is to use the 50mm. merging the images can take some time depending on how many shots you take, your computer and the software you use. i use CS6 to stitch, i have seen it take about an hour to stitch 100 pics in RAW, 24mb/ea. i know it's not my computer because it's the newest top of the line iMac. i found that microsoft ice is more consistent and way quicker to stitch! (ice would take about a minute to stitch 30 images, whereas cs6 would take 10-20+ mins). i would be patient, try to let it do its thing, if after 30 mins to an hour, you may want to consider upgrading your computer's memory as a starting point. processor power is the obvious way to go. good luck

Gear List

UmphreyBogart
466 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 11, 2013 20:34 |  #923

aznbakasaru wrote in post #16520344 (external link)
your best bet is to use the 50mm. merging the images can take some time depending on how many shots you take, your computer and the software you use. i use CS6 to stitch, i have seen it take about an hour to stitch 100 pics in RAW, 24mb/ea. i know it's not my computer because it's the newest top of the line iMac. i found that microsoft ice is more consistent and way quicker to stitch! (ice would take about a minute to stitch 30 images, whereas cs6 would take 10-20+ mins). i would be patient, try to let it do its thing, if after 30 mins to an hour, you may want to consider upgrading your computer's memory as a starting point. processor power is the obvious way to go. good luck

Thanks! Here is my first attempt. She was cold, cranky, late for work, and this was the best crop I could get after everything was said and done. Shot with the 50. Now that I look at it, the road doesn't match up on the stitch. I'm completely lost when it comes to fixing that. Oh, and thanks!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Cold and Crabby (external link) by UmphreyBogart (external link), on Flickr

6D

Tamron 70-200mm f2.8| Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 85mm f/1.8 | Canon 17-40 f/4L

Maizzi
517 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2012

Dec 21, 2013 08:09 |  #924

Shot this in the forest today, doesn't have a very strong brenizer feel to it, but i still like it.

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3722/11478397644_0a66d5d353_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jkautto/1147839​7644/  (external link)
Canon AV-1 (external link) by Jani Kautto (external link), on Flickr

// 5DmkII, 5Dc, Sigma 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.8, 85mm f/1.2LII // My Site (external link) //

ten31
120 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 28, 2013 20:31 |  #925

I just have one question regarding this method. My feet stay in the same spot right? I just simply turn at the waist or whatever to grab all my images? Or do I move laterally?

Canon EOS 6D | 24-105mm f/4 IS USM | 85mm f/1.8 | 430EX II | Mefoto Roadtrip | RC6 remote

Echo ­ Johnson
433 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 28, 2013 20:55 |  #926

Your feet stay planted.

Canon 5D3 | 17-40 | 50/1.4 | 135/2
...and other stuff.
Flickr (external link) | EchoJ.deviantART (external link)

trossite
129 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 31, 2013 09:16 as a reply to  @ Echo Johnson's post |  #927

Ok, i've been reading about this and looking up images and how this is done. Excuse me for my stupidity, but i have a dumb question.

Below is an example from ryan's website (click the link). Could you not do this type of shot by shooting with a wide lens and just blurring the background in photoshop?

http://ryanbrenizer.co​m …05/Untitled_Pan​orama3.jpg (external link)

Canon T2i, Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD, Canon 35mm f/2

Nathan
So boring
7,736 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Dec 31, 2013 09:23 |  #928

trossite wrote in post #16566483 (external link)
Excuse me for my stupidity, but i have a dumb question.

It's not a bad question. A wide lens will cause more apparent distortion and the compression will be less. Blurring the background, unless you're very good at photoshop, will be discernible by those who are familiar with qualities of bokeh and background blur.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

BigLobowski
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Gallery: 188 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 31, 2013 10:39 |  #929

trossite wrote in post #16566483 (external link)
Ok, i've been reading about this and looking up images and how this is done. Excuse me for my stupidity, but i have a dumb question.

Below is an example from ryan's website. Could you not do this type of shot by shooting with a wide lens and just blurring the background in photoshop?

HOSTED PHOTO DISPLAY FAILED: ATTACH id 672479 does not exist. ]

Pretty sure posting images of someone elses work is not allowed. Links to it are ok I believe.
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=194511

There are shortcuts and work arounds for all sorts of situations. Tried and true methods however are what they are, and there's a reason Ryan's method is so widely admired and imitated.

- Ken
Gear List | Facebookexternal link | Flickrexternal link | 500pxexternal link | FeedBack |
GreyStoke Photographyexternal link

trossite
129 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 31, 2013 11:10 |  #930

Sorry about that BigLobowski, I referenced where it came from, but didn't think about that. I've removed the photo and put in the link instead.

I was talking to my dad about this method and he's the one that brought up that he'd rather just do the blur in PS. When we have some time we're going to try this method vs PS post blur and see the difference in the results. He is much better at PS than I am as he's been working with it since version 1.

Canon T2i, Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD, Canon 35mm f/2

sponsored links

494,891 views & 147 likes for this thread
Show us your "Brenizer Method" shots!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.