Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Apr 2013 (Wednesday) 12:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GreenToe - Reverse Auction Photography Site

Bearmann
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Dec 17, 2013 08:22 |  #466

elleana wrote in post #16533437 (external link)
Anyone buy a tripod + head combo before? Wondering if there's anyway to make an offer for a kit/bundle on greentoe.

Put a low bid for one item. After he emails you back, tell him the combination that you are interested in. Alternatively, use the chat button at the bottom of the web page and discuss it there.

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

sponsored links
Greg ­ M
299 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Dec 17, 2013 21:03 |  #467

Pay attention to your Unique Photo receipts. Tamron's warranty requires that the model number and serial number of the lens be listed on the receipt that you send in with the lens for warranty work. Unique does not put these on their receipts and when asked to do so they seem to not be able to understand the request.

I would hate to have to get warranty work done at some point over the next 6 years and find that I'm denied because Unique can't do this simple thing.

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 17, 2013 21:56 |  #468

Amazon doesn't either.

Greg M wrote in post #16535730 (external link)
Pay attention to your Unique Photo receipts. Tamron's warranty requires that the model number and serial number of the lens be listed on the receipt that you send in with the lens for warranty work. Unique does not put these on their receipts and when asked to do so they seem to not be able to understand the request.

I would hate to have to get warranty work done at some point over the next 6 years and find that I'm denied because Unique can't do this simple thing.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,403 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 18, 2013 20:16 |  #469

Scrumhalf wrote in post #16533907 (external link)
Sure... I went to greentoe.com and typed in canon 500mm in the search box on the home page and the big guy popped up! ;) Just do a search on the site.

Thanks. Will do.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

itsmejson
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 24, 2013 16:33 |  #470

I'm looking for an x100s but it is not on GreenToe. Is there any way to still place an offer if GreenToe doesn't list the item?

- 5DmarkII | EF 24-70L F2.8 | EF 70-200L F4 | 580EX II | Gitzo 1541T w/ Photoclam Pro-34NS -
- TT Streetwalker Pro | Domke F-5XC -
Flickr (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 24, 2013 16:37 |  #471

How long does it take to get the $100? I ordered my 24-70 over Thanksgiving, not sure when the welcome100 rebate will be given (and by what method).

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

LostViet408
331 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 24, 2013 17:57 |  #472

Scrumhalf wrote in post #16551964 (external link)
How long does it take to get the $100? I ordered my 24-70 over Thanksgiving, not sure when the welcome100 rebate will be given (and by what method).

It should take between 3-4 weeks and the rebate should be cash to your paypal account, if you don't have one, I think he sends you a gift card?

I got mine in 3-4 weeks and he sent it through paypal.

Gear List
Feedback

Dave ­ Weldon
491 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 24, 2013 18:34 |  #473

itsmejson wrote in post #16551957 (external link)
I'm looking for an x100s but it is not on GreenToe. Is there any way to still place an offer if GreenToe doesn't list the item?

Howdy,

Send an email to Andrew at their support email address and see what he thinks :D.

Stu ­ Scully
90 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 25, 2013 04:53 |  #474

I bought a printer Epson R3000 through Greentoe via Adorama and was pleasantly surprised by not only the offer that was accepted (they worked out a deal to catch me as a customer) but the customer service follow-up and shipping. UPS pulled a "Scotty" and told me it would initially be delivered later this week (I wasn't too surprised since it was sent via ground and with holiday shipments reigning king) but it showed up on Christmas Eve (turning into a nice Christmas present to myself even though I didn't need it by Christmas).

This definitely seems to be a small business that is run by good people!

Crazy_Faith
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 27, 2013 18:49 |  #475
bannedPermanent ban
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
sparky16
363 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 30, 2013 23:20 |  #476

anyone else has story to share?

itsmejson
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 30, 2013 23:24 |  #477

Anyone know if there is a working 75 off 1000 coupon?

- 5DmarkII | EF 24-70L F2.8 | EF 70-200L F4 | 580EX II | Gitzo 1541T w/ Photoclam Pro-34NS -
- TT Streetwalker Pro | Domke F-5XC -
Flickr (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 30, 2013 23:28 |  #478

Does anyone know how the price-o-meter's color matches the likelihood of getting a bid accepted? I was looking at Lowepro backpacks and there seemed to a particular price at which the needle went into the green zone and even 5 bucks below that, it was in the yellow-green color. I am wondering if it needs to be green to be accepted.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

sparky16
363 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 30, 2013 23:57 |  #479

I know there's welcome 50(for over $500) and welcome 100 for over $1500...not sure if there's welcome75, worth a try.

Try submitting your offer, if it's not accepted, you'll get counter offer, then they may send you even lower offer if you don't respond.

Crazy_Faith
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 31, 2013 07:21 |  #480
bannedPermanent ban
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
sponsored links

237,695 views & 40 likes for this thread
GreenToe - Reverse Auction Photography Site
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.