Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 01 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) 08:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Couple showing their affection in Paris

Ev0d3vil
87 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 01, 2014 08:29 |  #1

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5498/11687122776_b44208e53b_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …06452594@N07/11​687122776/  (external link)
IMG_4285-2 (external link) by honyianchan89 (external link), on Flickr

Is the preset okay? Was just walking past and managed to snap this moment :)

sponsored links
Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 01, 2014 08:37 |  #2

Sorry, but this composition does nothing for me, never mind the light "pollution" in the shadows.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Bazinga
361 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jan 01, 2014 09:44 |  #3

Subjects are too dark. My eye is drawn to the sky which is obviously not the subject.

bob_r
Goldmember
2,435 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 01, 2014 11:47 |  #4

Bazinga wrote in post #16568965 (external link)
My eye is drawn to the sky which is obviously not the subject.

Mine is too and if I planned to keep it, I'd crop it to a landscape orientation to remove the sky.

Canon 7D, 5D, 35L, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 135L, 200L, 10-22, 17-55, 70-300, 100-400L, 500D, 580EX(2).
Sigma 150 macro, 1.4X, 2X, Quantaray 2X, Kenko closeup tubes, Yongnuo YN685(3), Yongnuo YN-622C-TX. Lots of studio stuff.
** Image Editing OK **

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,294 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Jan 01, 2014 12:19 |  #5

They're in the shade and you're shooting into the sun. The glare is too much while the important stuff is underexposed.

Is it just me or is it a little creepy taking pictures of strangers kissing in public?

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

Gart
460 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 01, 2014 12:30 |  #6

joedlh wrote in post #16569355 (external link)
Is it just me or is it a little creepy taking pictures of strangers kissing in public?

My thoughts exactly.

atexasphotog
Goldmember
1,312 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 01, 2014 15:26 |  #7

Not very interesting subject wise... Dark subject and could be better composed imho

Canon 6D,T3i, Powershot G16| 50mm 1.8II|100-400mm F4.5-5.6L|24-105 IS F/4 L||16-35mm F/2.8 vIIL|lCanon 1.4x mkII TC|580 EXII |Keeping it all in a KATA Backpack
http://texasphotog.dev​iantart.com/ (external link)

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 01, 2014 15:47 |  #8

joedlh wrote in post #16569355 (external link)

just you.

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,294 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Jan 01, 2014 20:34 as a reply to  @ Kanye's post |  #9

I guess there are two schools of thought on this subject. One school holds that having a camera in hand grants one the license to violate all norms of acceptable social behavior, like intruding on the private moments of others. The other school holds that a camera grants no such license. I just put myself in the position of the two people who were sharing an emotional moment with each other while unknown to them a stranger was, so to speak, hidden in the shadows snapping pictures of them. Then again, I also think that paparazzi are an embarrassment to the craft.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 01, 2014 21:10 |  #10

joedlh wrote in post #16570414 (external link)
I guess there are two schools of thought on this subject. One school holds that having a camera in hand grants one the license to violate all norms of acceptable social behavior, like intruding on the private moments of others. The other school holds that a camera grants no such license. I just put myself in the position of the two people who were sharing an emotional moment with each other while unknown to them a stranger was, so to speak, hidden in the shadows snapping pictures of them. Then again, I also think that paparazzi are an embarrassment to the craft.

Believe it or not, the public domain like a street are up for grabs. If they were sharing a "private" (oh ironic) moment in their homes, I might agree with you and call it paparazzi.

But they're not.

thedcmule2
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jan 01, 2014 23:16 |  #11

Yeah street photogs shoot people showing public affection all the time. If the pictures dont intrude their moment, and simply documents it then its not "creepy".

Taking pictures of them is creepy if youre not a photographer and you have other intentions.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,506 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 01, 2014 23:23 |  #12

Since these two were knowingly kissing in public, I guess they didn't think they were doing something private.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Ev0d3vil
THREAD ­ STARTER
87 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 03, 2014 09:06 |  #13

Thanks for those critques guys, definitely will work towards my mistakes and improve, and i wasnt creeping up on them, they just happened to kiss infront of me infront of the metro, near the Arc De Triumph, and i just snapped.

Stu ­ Scully
90 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 03, 2014 14:03 |  #14

Anyone that does that act in a wide open space is opening themselves up to the world recording it. But then again I think that is the catalyst for the act, for the world to see their love for each other.

Now if they make a semblance of an attempt to gain privacy (going into a secluded area or ducking behind some form of "cover" and you as a photographer attempt the follow them... Then you're entering "stalker" territory...

But as others have said, the bright sky kills the photo since it steals all the attention and leaves the main subject as an afterthought...

Angela-Benita
56 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 03, 2014 14:18 as a reply to  @ Stu Scully's post |  #15

Don't like it to be honest. The shades, the angle, the colors. Looks like an Iphone shot

sponsored links

1,746 views & 0 likes for this thread
Couple showing their affection in Paris
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.