Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 30 Nov 2013 (Saturday) 07:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Facebook Contest

Aki78
961 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 02, 2014 07:25 |  #16

bespoke wrote in post #16505160 (external link)
Just make sure you follow facebooks guidelines (at the bottom) https://www.facebook.c​om/page_guidelines.php (external link) or else you can get suspended

Can't stress this enough. One report and I believe they suspend your account immediately. Had that happened to a friend of mine's business. All posts had to be taken down and then Facebook finally reactivated the account.

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 02, 2014 07:32 |  #17

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #16522548 (external link)
I'd love to see what the ROI comes out at though. Likes count for very little in the grand scheme of things when it comes to sales. If all 21 got a large canvas say at $150 wholesale... that is dropping $3150... imagine how else that advertising money could be used. I'd also add that if they are a well known photographer giving so much free stuff away has to make you wonder how well they are doing.

The incentive is nice don't get me wrong. But from a business perspective $3k could more than cover my wedding marketing budget for a year (from previous years).

At least half of your marketing/sales dollars are wasted. You have no idea which half.

(Paraphrased from some prof in grad school)

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

mckay ­ photography
676 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 03, 2014 15:11 |  #18

S.Horton wrote in post #16571245 (external link)
At least half of your marketing/sales dollars are wasted. You have no idea which half.

(Paraphrased from some prof in grad school)

You've got to track all your marketing as much as possible. A facebook comp shouldnt be too hard to set up for tracking.

But facebook likes does not mean anything concrete sales wise. I'd do a promo that aims to get people onto a mailing list or trial your products somehow.....dont target likes.

Gear: 5D mkiii x 2, 35 1.4 L, 16-35 L, 24-70 mkiiL, 70-200 L, Sigma Art 50 1.4
Wedding Photography Sydney (external link)
| Wedding Photography blog (external link) | Wedding photography Bowral (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,371 views & 0 likes for this thread
Facebook Contest
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.