Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 04 Jan 2014 (Saturday) 13:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6D wifi help

Kipper ­ Lynch
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jan 04, 2014 13:50 |  #1

I have just purchased my first Canon (defected from Nikon) and am delighted with the camera and the ease of functions however I am having difficulty remotely sending images to my PC. I was assured in the shop that this function is available but not being too comfortable with computers am having a problem pairing the camera to my PC. Any ideas. I have installed the EOS Utility and am able to remotely operate the camera when wifi is disabled on the Canon but can't get the images from the camera to the computer without plugging in the cable.

Mark ­ Castleman
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Jan 04, 2014 14:41 |  #2

I would guess you need to connect the computer wirelessly to the camera, much as you do with a phone or tablet. I know there is the infrastructure connection mode as well but I have not tried it. The WiFi in the 6D is quite nice but actually using it can be quite exasperating. If I ever get it all worked out I will be will on my way to truly understand the Tao.

Kipper ­ Lynch
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jan 04, 2014 15:37 |  #3

Thank you Matt, I have tried to connect all ready to no avail, but you are correct in that the Wi-Fi experience is quite exasperating

iani
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jan 04, 2014 17:22 |  #4

When it works it's fine, the trouble I have is that I frequently have to blow the settings away and reconfigure, it will then work fine for a few more days. I set mine up in Infrastructure mode so the 6D is on my home WLAN, the Canon Utility WLAN monitor will then pop up asking if I want to connect to the 6D it now sees on the network, ok this then confirm on the 6D.

Where it seems to get really confused is if I then want to use it via remote control from iPad or iPhone, this always seems to screw the settings up. Again though, when it works, it works just great.

Good luck with it.

Ian

Camera gear: Canon EOS 6D | Tamron 24-70 mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

474 views & 0 likes for this thread
6D wifi help
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.