Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Jan 2014 (Monday) 18:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2/40D's for a 5d classic.

canon1966
29 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 06, 2014 18:26 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

I am wanting to move up to full frame. Would I be crazy to trade 2 40d's for 1 5dc. Is the image quality that much better on the 5dc? Most of my work is portraits.

sponsored links
Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,673 posts
Gallery: 330 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2014 18:32 |  #2

canon1966 wrote in post #16583458 (external link)
I am wanting to move up to full frame. Would I be crazy to trade 2 40d's for 1 5dc. Is the image quality that much better on the 5dc? Most of my work is portraits.

Yes!
I came from a 40D and when I went to a 5D the images blew me away. The difference straight out of the camera is significant. Files are so clean and lovely. A great camera especially for portraits.

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

canon1966
THREAD ­ STARTER
29 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 06, 2014 18:54 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

I need to now wait a couple of weeks before I can post in the marketplace forum the trade I would like to do. I also could just sell them and buy the 5d. It looks like it would be pretty close to an even trade either way.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,673 posts
Gallery: 330 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2014 19:01 |  #4

I kept my 40D, but it sits on a shelf. Still a good camera though but the 5D ruined it for me. :) I shot birds with it for 6 months or so, but the shutter is a bit slow for that and I was missing too many shots, so then I bought a 1D II N for that. But the 5D is used for everything else.
Good luck with the sale / trade!

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

djeuch
933 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 06, 2014 19:53 |  #5

I have both. Honestly the 5D definitely gets more use, but for anything that is action related or where I want the extra reach from a crop sensor, that 40D still comes out for those shots.

Most often I have my 24-105L on my 5D and my 70-200mm F/2.8L IS on the 40D at the same time. Maximum range!

Sell one of the 40D and get a 5Dc and you have the best of both worlds.

Canon 40D w/BG-E2N Battery Grip | Canon 5D w/BG-E4 Battery Grip | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | EF 85mm f/1.8 w/ET-65III | EF 50mm f/1.4 w/ES-71II | Canon 1.4x TC | Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW | B+W 77mm MRC (010) filter x2 | Speedlite 580EX II

canon1966
THREAD ­ STARTER
29 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 08, 2014 11:42 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

Djeuch, I think that is what I will do.

sponsored links

835 views & 0 likes for this thread
2/40D's for a 5d classic.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.