Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 09 Jan 2014 (Thursday) 11:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone with Manfrotto MK293A3?

SierraHighPhoto
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 09, 2014 11:38 |  #1

Just recently bought a 5D Mark III and wanted to upgrade to something new that was more sturdy and stronger. I currently use a Vista Explorer 60-Inch tripod, but needless to say it's a $20 tripod that feels cheap to say the least, and I don't think it's smart to be using it with a couple thousand dollars worth of equipment.

With that said, my budget isn't huge right now so I've been trying to find something that isn't overly priced for me, yet still is strong and good. I know Manfrotto have a good reputation and was looking at the MK293A3.

Does anyone have this tripod or know anything about it? It fits the price range, can fit just under 9lbs (8.8) and when fully extended is 62".

Here's the link if anyone needs it: http://www.amazon.com …od-Release/dp/B004MKNJ98/ (external link)

Thanks!

cuda2k
564 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 09, 2014 20:33 |  #2

I have one that's going back to Amazon in the morning. Not because it's not a good tripod, and it's heck of a lot more steady than the $60 Vista Voyager Lite I have now, but because I either wanted something that folded smaller or was even more steady. It just kind of fell in that in-between spot being a bit longer than I wanted for a light hiking setup but not quite as beefy as say the Vanguard Alta Pro 283CT or similar.

Ended up buying a MeFOTO RoadTrip for day hikes, still looking for a long exposure/night photography/in a gale force wind tripod.

Website/Portfolio (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Picasa (external link) - Facebook Page (external link)
Canon 6D | 24-105Lmm | 17-40L | 28mm f1.8 | 50mm f1.4 | 100mm f2.8 Macro | Tamron 70-300mm

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 09, 2014 23:36 |  #3

I know it's about 8" smaller collapsed than the Vista Explorer I had, so I can't complain about that, but I could see how hiking you might want it to be smaller.

The other reviews I saw looked good, so hopefully that'll be the case.

Thanks for the response.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

511 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone with Manfrotto MK293A3?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.