Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 10 Jan 2014 (Friday) 10:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Avenger mounting stud?

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jan 10, 2014 10:06 |  #1

I've heard there have been problems with people mounting Elinchrom lights onto avenger stands because of how the mounting stud is shaped. I am just about to pull the plug on a avenger stand but want to know if anyone has had this problem with Broncolor lights?

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

Aressem
Goldmember
4,364 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 10, 2014 14:25 |  #2

I own both the Avenger & Matthews pins as well as an Elinchrom head so I made a quick video to show you the difference between the two. Unfortunately though, I do not own any Broncolor lights. If the Broncolor mount is similar to the Elinchrom, I would suspect you will also have problems. I hope this clears things up!

http://www.youtube.com …E2Lq2pbM&featur​e=youtu.be (external link)

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

nathan549
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jan 10, 2014 20:28 as a reply to  @ Aressem's post |  #3

Thanks for the video Ryan, i really appreciated it. Does your Elinchrom head still fit tight onto the Avenger mount but just tilts? The Elinchrom mount is very different to the Broncolor one so I'm hoping it will fit like your Matthews stand does.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

Aressem
Goldmember
4,364 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 12, 2014 16:02 |  #4

nathan549 wrote in post #16595446 (external link)
Thanks for the video Ryan, i really appreciated it. Does your Elinchrom head still fit tight onto the Avenger mount but just tilts? The Elinchrom mount is very different to the Broncolor one so I'm hoping it will fit like your Matthews stand does.

Yeah, it stays put once fastened tight.

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

981 views & 0 likes for this thread
Avenger mounting stud?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.