Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Apr 2013 (Wednesday) 12:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GreenToe - Reverse Auction Photography Site

Greg ­ M
299 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Jan 10, 2014 09:26 |  #511

545iBMW wrote in post #16593754 (external link)
I emailed Andrew two days ago about my Greentoe rebate but no response. He replied several emails of mine in the past when I was looking to buy a lens. That is telling me something about how "good" this company is. Would I deal with them in the future? I don't know. Would I recommend them? Nope.

Did you get what you were looking for at a good price? The rebate thing is a one time thing and won't be part of the equation in the future.

What does Greentoe do? Match buyers and sellers at discounted prices. They do that well. You couldn't get some of these prices without them "hooking" you up.

That said, the delay in answering and the delay in receiving the rebates doesn't look good on them but I'd imagine that they make very little on each transaction which means that they can't afford staff to handle the volume that they got during the holiday season with all the rebates and sales going on. We made out pretty good. I'm willing to cut them some slack and patiently wait for them to catch up.

sponsored links
545iBMW
473 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 10, 2014 09:56 |  #512

Greg M wrote in post #16593797 (external link)
Did you get what you were looking for at a good price? The rebate thing is a one time thing and won't be part of the equation in the future.

What does Greentoe do? Match buyers and sellers at discounted prices. They do that well. You couldn't get some of these prices without them "hooking" you up.

That said, the delay in answering and the delay in receiving the rebates doesn't look good on them but I'd imagine that they make very little on each transaction which means that they can't afford staff to handle the volume that they got during the holiday season with all the rebates and sales going on. We made out pretty good. I'm willing to cut them some slack and patiently wait for them to catch up.

I understand what you're saying.
Having owned a business in the past, it is important to balance your time between before and after sales service. Ignore after sales and your reputation goes caput! If a business wants customers to become repeat customers - you have to make sure to keep them happy even after you make your buck.

Greg ­ M
299 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Jan 10, 2014 10:41 |  #513

545iBMW wrote in post #16593882 (external link)
I understand what you're saying.
Having owned a business in the past, it is important to balance your time between before and after sales service. Ignore after sales and your reputation goes caput! If a business wants customers to become repeat customers - you have to make sure to keep them happy even after you make your buck.

I'm also a business owner and I fully understand what you're talking about. We even have to deal with perceptions which are rarely based on truth. In this case I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because I can see that in the long run they might be able to save me some serious cash :)

545iBMW
473 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 10, 2014 13:27 |  #514

Greg M wrote in post #16593984 (external link)
I'm also a business owner and I fully understand what you're talking about. We even have to deal with perceptions which are rarely based on truth. In this case I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because I can see that in the long run they might be able to save me some serious cash :)

Thanks. I'm sure GreenToe helped a lot of us. I've been very patient about this since it's only $50. I guess the only two things that ticks me a bit are 1) I was promised 3-4 weeks and I shouldn't do anything on my side - it will be automatically sent to me 2) He was very, very responsive when I was on the fence on buying a new lens. Ignoring a customer after a sale is a big no-no.

I can understand if he is not making money and a good possibility that he is losing. But the good impression I had with GreenToe is turned around because of this and I would not recommend a company that can't keep its promises.

supfresh
222 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 11, 2014 16:58 |  #515

Can anyone PM me Andrew's email?

Also, if anyone has any knowledge if any promos are working. Apparently the welcome100 has been changed for $2000+ orders? And if the Tamron rebates are still in effect?

Wedding (external link) - Facebook (external link)- Personal (external link)
5DMKIII / A7RII/ RICOHGR / 50L / 24-70L II/ 70-200 2.8 VC / 35A / 16-35L II / S85
Always some lens, never your lens.

ryane67
267 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 11, 2014 23:18 |  #516

just put in an offer on a sigma 35 1.4 art through them, we'll see how it goes :)

Ryan - flickr (external link)
6D | Rokinon 14mm 2.8 | Σ 35 1.4 | Nifty Fifty | Σ 70-200 F/2.8 OS | Flashes, bags, tripods, lights...

sparky16
363 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 11, 2014 23:29 |  #517

supfresh wrote in post #16597459 (external link)

Also, if anyone has any knowledge if any promos are working. Apparently the welcome100 has been changed for $2000+ orders? And if the Tamron rebates are still in effect?

Andrew Kurland [andrew@greentoe.com]

Don't know any other. Good luck!

itsmejson
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 12, 2014 09:18 |  #518

supfresh wrote in post #16597459 (external link)

All of the welcome codes besides the welcome20 have expired as of the end of dec

- 5DmarkII | EF 24-70L F2.8 | EF 70-200L F4 | 580EX II | Gitzo 1541T w/ Photoclam Pro-34NS -
- TT Streetwalker Pro | Domke F-5XC -
Flickr (external link)

Kiwimochi
388 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 12, 2014 22:51 |  #519

well...here is my story with Greentoe (Happy Ending). :)

I bought total of 4 lenses (24-70 mkii,70-200 f/2.8,16-35mk ii, 100L) in Dec of 2013.

All ordered was filled by Adorama. I GOT ALL the 4% rebates from Adorama and USED them all already. Bought couples redrock micro cobalt cage for my gopro hero 3 from these 4% rebate. Can't beat free money from Adorama.

I also GOT ALL the 3 rebates from greentoe *$20/$50/$100 that was all send to my paypal after 40 days.

I also GOT ALL the 4 rebates from Canon 2x $300 Amex card , 1x $200 Amex card and $150 Amex card. Turn around time is 3 weeks.

Both Helen/Donika and Andrew were EXTREMELY professional and helpful whenever i have a question for them.

blurry_image
473 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 13, 2014 09:19 |  #520

Kiwimochi wrote in post #16600851 (external link)

I bought total of 4 lenses (24-70 mkii,70-200 f/2.8,16-35mk ii, 100L) in Dec of 2013.

All ordered was filled by Adorama. I GOT ALL the 4% rebates from Adorama and USED them all already. Bought couples redrock micro cobalt cage for my gopro hero 3 from these 4% rebate. Can't beat free money from Adorama.

I also GOT ALL the 3 rebates from greentoe *$20/$50/$100 that was all send to my paypal after 40 days.

I also GOT ALL the 4 rebates from Canon 2x $300 Amex card , 1x $200 Amex card and $150 Amex card. Turn around time is 3 weeks.

Both Helen/Donika and Andrew were EXTREMELY professional and helpful whenever i have a question for them.

All that AND a happy ending? DAMN!!!!! :p

---------------
Chris

HelenOster
That's me!
4,485 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 13, 2014 09:33 |  #521

......Helen/Donika and Andrew were EXTREMELY professional and helpful whenever i have a question for them.

y-a-a-ay!! Great to hear :D:D:D

elleana
155 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 13, 2014 22:03 |  #522

I tried to do the math on your total spend on these 4 lenses and my brain just exploded.

6D | EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART | EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 14, 2014 00:07 |  #523

elleana wrote in post #16603609 (external link)
I tried to do the math on your total spend on these 4 lenses and my brain just exploded.

I was about to say the same thing! :lol:

Bryan

My Gear List

r32931
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 14, 2014 10:19 |  #524

I received my welcome100 and welcome 25 rebates via PayPal a few days ago. I contacted Andrew and he got on it right away. The rebates were processed just under 40 days after Adorama accepted my offers.

I've to say I'm really pleased with the deals I got on the 24-70ii and the 600ex-rt.

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,298 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 14, 2014 10:59 |  #525

elleana wrote in post #16603609 (external link)

Why? People purchase a car and they drop more than what he spent just as they drive the car off the dealer's lot. That doesn't make anyone's head explode, does it?

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

sponsored links

227,767 views & 40 likes for this thread
GreenToe - Reverse Auction Photography Site
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.