Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 10 Jan 2014 (Friday) 22:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji ahhh dangit!

Otohp
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 10, 2014 22:52 |  #1

cant stop lookin' at the Fuji cameras and lens lineup... images...

in particular the x-e2- looks like such a tight package with great lens options and more on the way!

I love my 6D- but dangit Fuji - your cameras look like sick fun!

ugh :/
Otohp.

sponsored links
BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 12, 2014 14:09 |  #2

Rent one for a weekend and see if you feel the same.

I rented the XE1 for a weekend after lusting after it for so long from all of the reviews I kept reading. I didn't want to drop that kind of money without even being able to see one in person. After that weekend, I was cured. Of course, that was the XE1, the XE2 is supposed to be better in basically every way (faster write time, faster focus, faster operating, ...). Renting one for a weekend will really help you know if you really should get one ;)

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 12, 2014 16:31 |  #3

I know the feeling! I have had several of Fujis bridge models and if I were not so heavily invested in Canon mount gear I might be tempted.

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

rdalrt
Goldmember
1,672 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 12, 2014 16:41 |  #4

I tried out an XE-1 for a week. And that was enough. Returned it and haven't considered a fuji since.

Just Sports Photographyexternal link
My Junk ;)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Jan 12, 2014 18:20 |  #5

I just sold my 24-105L and ordered an X-E1 kit :)

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 12, 2014 18:33 |  #6

I went Fuji with hesitation thinking it was all flash and no fire. Started with the X100, now I have an X100s and X-Pro1. The X100s is just so light, so quiet, so fun with that leaf shutter and built-in ND filter. The X-Pro1 is a blast with adapted manual focus glass. I'm using everything from a cheap Fujian 35mm f/1.7 TV lens ($25) to expensive Leica glass and lots in between. Most recently picked up an m42 adapter and Helios 58mm 44-4 (would have preferred the 44-2) for the "swirly" bokeh effect.

Can't remember the lst time I had this much fun with my 5D2.

My opinion: 5D2 is great for work, Fuji is great for fun/play.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

Otohp
THREAD ­ STARTER
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 12, 2014 23:36 as a reply to  @ v35skyline's post |  #7

Brick- that might be a good idea!

Joe R- exactly! I have been looking around trying to figure out what the heck I can sell- not much left aside from what is in my sig :cool:

Getaway- HA! I saw that snap of your friend in the shop- who could blame you!
I would be excited too!

v35- sounds like you are hooked! these Fuji cameras just look like such fun.

I am also considering the x100s- head spinning... good stuff!

Otohp.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Jan 12, 2014 23:59 |  #8

Indeed, I was blown away, not just by the IQ, but by how intuitive it is. And how amazing some of the features are, especially the minimum shutter-speed setting for Av mode, you can literally set it to whatever you want! Winning.

I'm excited about the rumor for the X-T1... if I like my Fuji enough and Metabones comes out with a speedbooster for EOS to XF I may consider selling the 6D... smaller is definitely better in my book.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 13, 2014 06:58 |  #9

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #16600976 (external link)
Indeed, I was blown away, not just by the IQ, but by how intuitive it is. And how amazing some of the features are, especially the minimum shutter-speed setting for Av mode, you can literally applicable set it to whatever you want! Winning.

I'm excited about the rumor for the X-T1... if I like my Fuji enough and Metabones comes out with a speedbooster for EOS to XF I may consider selling the 6D... smaller is definitely better in my book.

Regarding minimum shutter speed: 1) you cannot set it to whatever you want and 2) it is a soft limit, meaning it will do its best to maintain that shutter speed but if you max out your ISO and the camera thinks you will underexpose at your set min. shutter speed then it will ignore that speed and go slower. Many X users at not happy with this and would like Fuji to make it a hard limit that can't be ignored.

Edit: Min. shutter speed on my X100s is 1/125 and my X-Pro1 is 1/500.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

Otohp
THREAD ­ STARTER
331 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 13, 2014 09:53 |  #10

excited to see some reviews and images from the new xf10-24 also!

seems it would make a nice landscape lens + w/ the OIS it should make for some nice handheld shots as well...

Otohp.

sponsored links

1,503 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fuji ahhh dangit!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.