Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 13, 2014 05:58 |  #1561

souporman wrote in post #16601239 (external link)
When are you holding a POTN photo day at the Crawley farm??  :p

I've been trying to organise something with Mr Bridger for ages - the collection is definitely ready for a studio shoot! :D

I hear ya. My subject was generally the missus and she also doesn't always do what I wanted her to :D

I can confirm that bugs also do very little in the way of collaborative modelling :lol:

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

sponsored links
ies ­ photos
UKSE Photographer of the Year 2013
6,272 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 13, 2014 10:36 |  #1562

My studio lights can travel down the M23 ;-)a

He does look amazing, Defo my fav animal from the macro session I did at wild arena. They use the same lights ;-)a

www.iesphotography.co.​uk (external link)
London Maternity and Newborn Photographer (external link)
500px (external link) Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

Nanscombe
797 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 13, 2014 14:57 |  #1563

I have a three year old iPhone 4, on O2, which was overdue for an upgrade.

I was still paying the £31 a month on it. :shock:

Since I'm still happy with the phone I went into O2 today and managed to swap to a tariff with 300 mins + 300 O2 mins + 250Mb of data for just £11 a month. :grin:

Happy bunny. Luckily I don't often use 250Mb a month so it suited me. Any more and I'll supplement it with my MiFi. :wink:

It looks like they are separating the phone cost from the call / data costs now.

If you're with O2, and are due for an upgrade, it may be worth checking.

Nigel

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 13, 2014 15:46 |  #1564

When are you holding a POTN photo day at the Crawley farm??  :p

I hear ya. My subject was generally the missus and she also doesn't always do what I wanted her to :D

LOL!

Nanscombe wrote in post #16602482 (external link)

I was still paying the £31 a month on it. :shock:

Since I'm still happy with the phone I went into O2 today and managed to swap to a tariff with 300 mins + 300 O2 mins + 250Mb of data for just £11 a month. :grin:

Happy bunny. Luckily I don't often use 250Mb a month so it suited me. Any more and I'll supplement it with my MiFi. :wink:

It looks like they are separating the phone cost from the call / data costs now.

I"m not with 02 but that's really good. I'm with Orange and paying way too much and I don't use all the minutes any more.

Adrian - I prefer the second shot you posted, agree with Lee though, eye contact is always good.

another of Morris - same grey background just slightly different lighting.

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5541/11936583826_081c8e57f3_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/119365838​26/  (external link)
Just Morris (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 14, 2014 09:56 |  #1565

adrian5127 wrote in post #16600430 (external link)
Been a while so I had better post a photo or two, first time in a studio

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

I like these Adrian and the fact there is no eye contact gives her a sense of mystery are you planing on doing more?

In other news I've been approached by someone wanting to use some of my photos on t-shirts so the question is a one off fee or a cut from each shirt sold?

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 14, 2014 10:06 |  #1566

Went along to Bourne End, borrowed and donned a pair of waders and ventured into the swollen upper reaches of the Thames (normally a barely moving stream, now a raging torrent) with my precious camera in hand (eek!). I loved the waders - what an amazing invention!

Last image shows what this meadow looks like when it's not a lake suitable for sailing on. I found it hard to capture the raging waters of the Thames itself, which was one of my initial aims.

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/11946002485_e1959d1fc4_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCom​6  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2893/11946025375_eef15febf9_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCv9​K  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/11944544465_5d6b5565d9_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcuUV​P  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/11945991795_583141effe_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCka​M  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2815/11946010975_7e53fc65a2_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCqS​t  (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

More in Flickr (external link)

New to lightroom and just started of Flickr today - so any comments welcome!

flickr (external link) Editing OK (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 14, 2014 12:22 |  #1567

I've been sent some mock ups of the t-shirts what are people opinions?

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7365/11951057034_5abdea7aa9_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/11951​057034/  (external link)
T-shirt (external link) by Dom Regan Photography (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3744/11951059264_14ea105744_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/11951​059264/  (external link)
T-shirt (external link) by Dom Regan Photography (external link), on Flickr

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 14, 2014 20:19 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #1568

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16601128 (external link)
Adrian - I really like the lighting in the studio shots, really nicely done - I think I would have preferred some eye contact but that's just me

I think I am a sucker for eye shadow and eyelashes and yes I know they are false ....

Nanscombe wrote in post #16602482 (external link)

I was still paying the £31 a month on it.

Since I'm still happy with the phone I went into O2 today and managed to swap to a tariff with 300 mins + 300 O2 mins + 250Mb of data for just £11 a month.

Happy bunny. Luckily I don't often use 250Mb a month so it suited me. Any more and I'll supplement it with my MiFi.

I will look into it, just got contacted by Vodafone re an upgrade, thinking of a sim plan and wait for the six

Ronin Silv wrote in post #16604610 (external link)
I like these Adrian and the fact there is no eye contact gives her a sense of mystery are you planing on doing more?

In other news I've been approached by someone wanting to use some of my photos on t-shirts so the question is a one off fee or a cut from each shirt sold?

Possibly, it was arranged through the work photography club, they are looking at doing another one but outside next time.

Re fees always a difficult one, the guy who did the voice for thriller would have been a rich man if he took the percentage cut he was originally offered

Martin Dixon wrote in post #16604635 (external link)
Went along to Bourne End, borrowed and donned a pair of waders and ventured into the swollen upper reaches of the Thames (normally a barely moving stream, now a raging torrent) with my precious camera in hand (eek!). I loved the waders - what an amazing invention!

Last image shows what this meadow looks like when it's not a lake suitable for sailing on. I found it hard to capture the raging waters of the Thames itself, which was one of my initial aims.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCom​6  (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jcCv9​K  (external link)

Very nice and wow

Re lightroom there are loads of tutorials on youtube etc. Works very well but takes a bit of getting used to.

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 14, 2014 20:20 |  #1569

Gundogs wrote in post #16602640 (external link)
Adrian - I prefer the second shot you posted, agree with Lee though, eye contact is always good.

another of Morris - same grey background just slightly different lighting.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/119365838​26/  (external link)
Just Morris (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

Like it

Thanks I still need to go through some more and will post them

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

felt_tip_felon
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 15, 2014 02:07 |  #1570

ies photos wrote in post #16601838 (external link)
My studio lights can travel down the M23 ;-)a

He does look amazing, Defo my fav animal from the macro session I did at wild arena. They use the same lights ;-)a

haha - cool!

Thanks - he's awesome, perhaps when he's a little more mature and comfortable being handled I'll arrange something that those of a macro persuasion can get involved with!

in other news that photo won me Wex Photographics weekly twitter photo comp - so I'm feeling even more proud of little Noel :D

1DX, 100D, G1X & G10

Spuddyd
799 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 15, 2014 02:28 as a reply to  @ felt_tip_felon's post |  #1571

Hi people. Not posted here for a while but have a question.

I'm off to Mexico on the 23rd for 2 weeks with my dad and am wondering what Camera to take. It'll be the first time we have been away together since I was at school :D.

I can borrow Nicki's Olympus OMD-E5 with its kit 12-50mm lens (effectively a 24-100) or, I can take the 5D3 and the 24-105. the OMD is a lot lighter and smaller but will I miss the IQ from the Canon. Just can't decide.....
We are staying with friends in Merida and whatever I take will be safe unless we are out and about which will be most of the time.

What would you take?

5DMk4, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-105 f4 L IS, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART, Sigma 50 f1.4 ART, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS, Sigma 1.4 and 2x converters, Lightroom CC.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits!
flickr (external link), Photobucket (external link), My 500PX (external link)

felt_tip_felon
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 15, 2014 03:27 |  #1572

Spuddyd wrote in post #16606897 (external link)
Hi people. Not posted here for a while but have a question.

I'm off to Mexico on the 23rd for 2 weeks with my dad and am wondering what Camera to take. It'll be the first time we have been away together since I was at school :D.

I can borrow Nicki's Olympus OMD-E5 with its kit 12-50mm lens (effectively a 24-100) or, I can take the 5D3 and the 24-105. the OMD is a lot lighter and smaller but will I miss the IQ from the Canon. Just can't decide.....
We are staying with friends in Merida and whatever I take will be safe unless we are out and about which will be most of the time.

What would you take?

FWIW I have my camera to use it - and what better place than a foreign country, I had no doubts about taking my cameras to Africa or any other location I've been, be sensible and make sure your insurance covers you and there's nothing to fret about - enjoy and take loads of pics! HTH

1DX, 100D, G1X & G10

Spuddyd
799 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 15, 2014 04:13 |  #1573

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16606937 (external link)
FWIW I have my camera to use it - and what better place than a foreign country, I had no doubts about taking my cameras to Africa or any other location I've been, be sensible and make sure your insurance covers you and there's nothing to fret about - enjoy and take loads of pics! HTH

That's my feeling too. Never been to Mexico though so just a bit worried. Might have to look at getting one off cover as the insurance I have only covers me for 30 days in the EU.

Any suggestions?

5DMk4, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-105 f4 L IS, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART, Sigma 50 f1.4 ART, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS, Sigma 1.4 and 2x converters, Lightroom CC.

ThisOldHag
620 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 15, 2014 05:24 |  #1574

Hi all, long time no speak. I hope 2014 has been kind to everyone thus far...

I've recently met a world renowned (Africa based) wildlife photographer who is running a photography workshop in Oxford in early March. See details here... www.coetzernaturephoto​graphy.com/wildlife-photography-workshop (external link). I told him about the Canon photography forum Jonathan and I belong to and I'm trying to convince him to run a similar workshop in the south-east.

He's offering a one- and/or two-day course at £90 a day. Bearing in mind this is tutelage from one of the world's top wildlife photographers, I think he's giving it away.

Of course, Jonathan and I want to do this workshop but to make it financially viable for this chap, the numbers need to increase. So, by a show of hands, who's interested in attending such a course in the south-east?

www.CindyLouDale.com (external link)
Read my Blog (external link)
Gear List

Spuddyd
799 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 15, 2014 05:47 as a reply to  @ ThisOldHag's post |  #1575

5D and all kit is now insured for a year plus worldwide travel up to 30 days plus £1m public liability, all for £140 :D:cool:

Was quoted over £220 for same cover by 2 other companies so have treated myself to another 32gb SD card for the trip.

sponsored links

648,501 views & 284 likes for this thread
The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.