Is this not simply a case of Murphy's General Laws
1. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2. Anything that cannot go wrong will anyway.
3.I f only two things can happen and one might lead to catastrophe, it does.
4. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
5. After things have gone from bad to worse, the cycle repeats itself.
6. Everything is harder than it looks.
7. Everything takes longer than you think.
8. Everything costs more than the estimates.
9. Nothing is according to specs.
10. If several things can go wrong, they will.
11. After the first thing goes wrong, anything done to improve the situation only makes it worse.
12. If everything seems to be going well, you've overlooked something.
13. It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are too ingenious.
14. When you set out to do something, something else must always be done first.
15. Every solution breeds new problems.
16. Logic is a systematic method of confidently coming to the wrong conclusion.
17. After all is said and done, a lot more is said than done.