Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 12 Nov 2013 (Tuesday) 16:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D mark II

kobeson
Goldmember
1,075 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 08, 2014 19:58 |  #91

Hoping we hear something solid from Canon soon, regarding specs/price/release date - going to need a 2nd body soon for sports, and if I don't wait for this I might grab a 70D.

1Dx | 5D III | 1D IV | 8-15 | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 70-200L II | 400L II | 1.4x III | Σ85 | 100L | 3 x 600EX-RT | ST-E3-RT
website  (external link)facebook (external link)

sponsored links
EtherealZee
364 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 09, 2014 05:52 |  #92

Wouldn't surprise me if they put the 7DII on the back burner whilst they develop some new sensor tech... then release the 7DII and 5DIV at about the same time, with said new super sensor tech...

Z..

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 09, 2014 16:16 |  #93

kobeson wrote in post #16589559 (external link)
Hoping we hear something solid from Canon soon, regarding specs/price/release date - going to need a 2nd body soon for sports, and if I don't wait for this I might grab a 70D.

Just buy the 70D now (the next time the price dips I mean, it's in between rebates ATM) and flip it when the 7D II comes out.

Footbag
391 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 12, 2014 11:24 |  #94

Feb 13th maybe?

http://www.canonrumors​.com …cement-coming-for-cp-cr1/ (external link)

I don't care what they put in it, I just want them to make me want it.

Adam
My Astrophoto Gallery (external link)
The Astro Imaging Channel (external link)

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 12, 2014 11:40 |  #95

^
I'll believe it when I see it.

They better have a serious sensor upgrade in it.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

TeleFragger
Goldmember
3,185 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 14, 2014 06:30 |  #96

well i was going to get the 70d with tax return since it is down to about $900 with rebates...
but now I am really considering the 7d mii to replace my t2i.

I do occasional kids video and the t2i is just a PITA without auto focus as I dont have the ability to manually focus during video...

Anyone see any of the supposed enhanced video parts to this camera? so Tax Return soon, bonus in March... Think I can see one of these around my neck before summer (but wife turns 40 so bday party and our 20th wedding anniversary....UGHHHHH​HHHHH)

anyway..
{Subscribed}

GearBag - Feedback****Flickr - my playhouse (external link)****RF-603 Discussion
Canon 7Dm2 Gripped | 32GB Transcend CF | 64GB Toshiba FlashAir | YN-468 Flash | YN-468 II Flash | RF-603 | EF-S 18-55 IS|EF 24-105L|EF 50 MKII 1.8|EF-S 55-250 IS |EF 85 1.8| Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC |Primo's Trigger Stick Monopod | Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod
if I post a pic.. it is there to be picked on... (I have thick skin.. im in IT)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,633 posts
Gallery: 1654 photos
Joined Aug 2004

Jan 14, 2014 10:41 |  #97

TeleFragger wrote in post #16604185 (external link)
well i was going to get the 70d with tax return since it is down to about $900 with rebates...
but now I am really considering the 7d mii to replace my t2i.

I do occasional kids video and the t2i is just a PITA without auto focus as I dont have the ability to manually focus during video...

Anyone see any of the supposed enhanced video parts to this camera? so Tax Return soon, bonus in March... Think I can see one of these around my neck before summer (but wife turns 40 so bday party and our 20th wedding anniversary....UGHHHHH​HHHHH)

anyway..
{Subscribed}

All speculation until we see actual announcement. I've yet to see any believable specs being released/mentioned.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 14, 2014 11:11 |  #98

TeleFragger wrote in post #16604185 (external link)
(but wife turns 40 so bday party and our 20th wedding anniversary....UGHHHHHHHHHH)

Better not let her see this sentence! :lol:

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,633 posts
Gallery: 1654 photos
Joined Aug 2004

Jan 14, 2014 11:20 |  #99

Scrumhalf wrote in post #16604790 (external link)
Better not let her see this sentence! :lol:

He should get brownie points for even remember the anniversary. :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 14, 2014 12:06 |  #100

jwcdds wrote in post #16604722 (external link)
All speculation until we see actual announcement. I've yet to see any believable specs being released/mentioned.

exactly...its just vaporware.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

EtherealZee
364 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 15, 2014 21:11 |  #101

Footbag wrote in post #16599319 (external link)
Feb 13th maybe?

http://www.canonrumors​.com …cement-coming-for-cp-cr1/ (external link)

I don't care what they put in it, I just want them to make me want it.

The 7DII will have 5 axis IS built in to the body.

I may as well get in on this guessing action too!

I think my guess is more credible...

Z...

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,484 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 16, 2014 00:06 |  #102

^^^
and if it is facing north - this 5 axis IS will allow it to levitate...
then we will see hundreds of problems with run away cameras,
if "north" means magnetic north
what would happen in the Southern vs Northern hemisphere
and a slew of wireless triggers..... :)

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

Mike55
Goldmember
4,206 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 16, 2014 03:04 |  #103

Shadowblade wrote in post #16499742 (external link)
Gimbal mounted on a tripod, while shooting wildlife. Shutter speed 1/1600 or faster. 600mm lens, shooting open at f/4. Done while shooting wildlife.

Besides, any camera that can't consistently focus on a rock in broad daylight has issues, regardless of the other parameters. In servo mode, the 7D fails at this (it locks on perfectly in single-shot mode, though).

And shutter speed, handheld vs tripod and apertura have nothing to do with AF accuracy. They may give you motion blur, but that makes everything blurry, rather than giving you a plane of sharp focus just in front of, or just behind, the target.

The 7D has been a nightmare for me. Totally unpredictable focus with telephotos. Just got it back from Canon for the third time.

6D | 70D | 24-105 L IS | 17-40 L | 300 F4 L IS | 50 1.8 II | 1.4x II | LR5 | HV30 | bug spray | wilderness
Gallatin National Forest, Montana (external link)/Lassen Volcanic NP Campgrounds (external link)

Mike55
Goldmember
4,206 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 16, 2014 03:07 |  #104

Fligi7 wrote in post #16499076 (external link)
Regardless of how he shot it, plenty of people (to include myself) consistently get OOF shots from static objects with very high shutter speeds, subject filling the full center AF point, and plenty of contrast on the subject. It just happens with the 7D, for whatever reason(s).

Whether people who have used this camera and not experienced it, or those who haven't used this camera, believe it is user error as compared to camera error is the only thing debated. Having owned the camera for many years and consistently shooting in many different settings and sports with only my 70-200 2.8 IS II attached, I can be pretty certain it's not user error, at least not with my body.

I even went so far as to send it in to Canon twice last year with the 70-200 for them to re-adjust it both times (initially was sent it because AF was incredibly erratic and almost unusable). The last time it came back was the most tolerable (first time it came back it was even worse with inconsistent AF), so I kept it. So either the service center doesn't have calibration down to a science or the camera has erratic enough AF that they can't account for it all through calibration (or maybe both).

Is it just with telephotos for yours? That's how mine is. Just got it back from Canon. Afraid to use it. It's even worse when pointing up, which makes it useless for birds and animals in the mountains.

6D | 70D | 24-105 L IS | 17-40 L | 300 F4 L IS | 50 1.8 II | 1.4x II | LR5 | HV30 | bug spray | wilderness
Gallatin National Forest, Montana (external link)/Lassen Volcanic NP Campgrounds (external link)

Mike55
Goldmember
4,206 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 16, 2014 03:09 |  #105

Fligi7 wrote in post #16499076 (external link)
Regardless of how he shot it, plenty of people (to include myself) consistently get OOF shots from static objects with very high shutter speeds, subject filling the full center AF point, and plenty of contrast on the subject. It just happens with the 7D, for whatever reason(s).

Whether people who have used this camera and not experienced it, or those who haven't used this camera, believe it is user error as compared to camera error is the only thing debated. Having owned the camera for many years and consistently shooting in many different settings and sports with only my 70-200 2.8 IS II attached, I can be pretty certain it's not user error, at least not with my body.

I even went so far as to send it in to Canon twice last year with the 70-200 for them to re-adjust it both times (initially was sent it because AF was incredibly erratic and almost unusable). The last time it came back was the most tolerable (first time it came back it was even worse with inconsistent AF), so I kept it. So either the service center doesn't have calibration down to a science or the camera has erratic enough AF that they can't account for it all through calibration (or maybe both).

Is it just with telephotos for yours? That's how mine is. Just got it back from Canon. Afraid to use it. It's even worse when pointing up, which makes it useless for birds and animals in the mountains.

Toss in the low ISO noise, waxy AA filter, and decreased handholding ability, and the images are not pleasant unless all the planets align (when shooting wildlife and nature). Works fine for pets and portraits.

sponsored links

37,495 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D mark II
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.