Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 16 Jan 2014 (Thursday) 14:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Eiffel Tower/ Louvre

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,704 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 16, 2014 14:31 |  #1

I spent 10 days in Paris last October & fell in love with the city; so beautiful! Eiffel Tower shot taken at the Trocadera

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

& The Louvre taken at night after a downpour. Yes, I carried my camera in the rain but popped it inside my waterproof jacket.

HOSTED PHOTO

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,574 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 16, 2014 14:46 |  #2

Very nice, Maureen! Do you have any tips for where to go/not go? We're headed over for 6 days, this October.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

seres
580 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jan 16, 2014 14:49 |  #3

Outstanding!

—Eric

Maureen ­ Souza
THREAD ­ STARTER
33,704 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 16, 2014 16:39 |  #4

Snydremark wrote in post #16610929 (external link)
Very nice, Maureen! Do you have any tips for where to go/not go? We're headed over for 6 days, this October.

Eric, we had never been there before but we heard the Saint Germaine or Montparnasse areas were nice so we stayed on the border of the 2 districts. It was a 10 minute walk to the Metro from our hotel and we found the metro system very easy to use. We went everywhere!!! Out at around 0800, back late afternoon for an hour nap, then back out until midnight or so. Make sure you go see the lights of the city. I loved all of it from Sacre Coeur to the Arc de Triumph, Moulin Rouge, & even if you aren't a big Museum person, skip the Louvre & go across the river to the Museé d'Orsay. The Van Gogh rooms are worth it as well as the fact that it was an old train station & the place is gorgeous!!
Visit Rue Montorgueil, walk from the Louvre to Notre Dame & enjoy the bridges along the way.... so beautiful!! Go get lost, try to pick a start & stop point & go everywhere in between, Just when you think you might be lost, a metro station pops up and you can find your way back.
The weather is chilly & rainy in October but since it rains 180 inches a year, go prepared & the rain can be magical. I took a light waterproof jacket but had to wear 2 shirts & a sweater underneath so bring something warm & a small umbrella. I climbed the Eiffel tower in the wind & wet :)

5DMK4
7DMK2

Snydremark
18,574 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 16, 2014 17:49 |  #5

Great stuff, thanks Maureen! :) Most of those places are definitely already on the docket.

Pfft...umbrella? I'd get kicked out of Seattle if I needed an umbrella for what they're likely to throw at us :D I'll take the raincoats for the camera and a waterproof shell, for sure, though. Appreciate that heads up!

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,577 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 16, 2014 17:54 |  #6

When we go to Paris, we usually stay in Montparnasse. I love that neighborhood. Lots of metro lines, very nice neighborhood, lots of shops, sidewalk cafes, bustling at night.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

Snydremark
18,574 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 16, 2014 17:56 |  #7

That's likely where we'll end up; but the other half is looking into B&Bs, like we did for London. Which I HIGHLY recommend, btw.

grayline
247 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 16, 2014 18:06 |  #8

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i966.photobucke​t.com …145/gbrogdon/IM​G_0613.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

We Went in September It looks like they're done with All the construction in your Picture. We couldn't Climb up but We took lots Of pictures of it.

Gear List :EOS 70D ,Sigma 50mm 1.4,Tamron 18-270, Canon 18-55,Canon HFM31,Canon SX280HS,Olympus E-10 ,

Maureen ­ Souza
THREAD ­ STARTER
33,704 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 16, 2014 20:36 |  #9

Cool shot ^^^^

We a;so took a day trip out of the city through the French countryside up to Normandy where we visited Mont St. Michél. I t was worth the 8 hour round trip and 4 hours there; so amazing!

HOSTED PHOTO

Lots of good photo ops as you stroll about the city

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

cappo
500 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 17, 2014 16:16 |  #10

Beautiful pictures. Paris is one of those places that you can never get enough of.

cupra103
Goldmember
1,231 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 20, 2014 16:54 |  #11

We love Paris, such a great place to visit & photograph. We were there Sep/Oct 2012 at the end of a 5 week French road trip. Great photos Maureen, share more on the "Vive la France! Share your best from France." thread.

https://photography-on-the.net …=1239568&highli​ght=france

Phil

Cupra
(It's a Seat, the car not the chair!)
My Flickr (external link)

armis
899 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 23, 2014 08:47 |  #12

grayline wrote in post #16611423 (external link)
We Went in September It looks like they're done with All the construction in your Picture. We couldn't Climb up but We took lots Of pictures of it.

Nah, you can still see it under the tower in her picture. They're not done, believe me. Hell, way things are done in France I'd be surprised if they were done by the end of 2014 (for context, I work next to the tower and have been passing under that construction twice a day, every day for over a year now. If I were a tourist I'd be right pissed off).

Fuji X-E2, 18-55 and 55-200 zooms, Samyang 12
www.wtbphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,710 views & 0 likes for this thread
Eiffel Tower/ Louvre
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.