Well, I got it! Kenmore Camera had them instock today, locally. I emailed them earlier in the day, because I had a feeling, and they responded and said they got it in a few min earlier.
- This is pretty light! At least, lighter than I expected. I feel its the same weight as the 70-200 2.8 II, or 300 F/4 with 1.4x converter III. Maybe even lighter than I remember the 70-200 being.
- Build quality seems pretty good to me. Zoom ring is slightly stiff, but I dont mind it at all. Focus ring feels good as well.
- IS/VC doesn't have the bullet time like my 70-200 F/4 L IS has, but I was getting pretty sharp images... indoors, at 600, wide open at around 1/80th sec .... But obviously I gotta do more tests.
- Balance is not bad, but would be better on a 7D or something heavier, vs. my 60D.
- Tripod collar feels nice and sturdy, I like it.
Overall, so far I'm happy, but we will see how it goes. I got a 3 day weekend coming up, woo!, and i think it might be sunny.
I'll test this against my 70-200 F/4, handheld on and a tripod and see what happens.
Anyone else who lives in WA, call/go to Kenmore Camera quick!
Edit: Also the Focus seems pretty fast to me. Maybe not quite as fast as my 70-200 but I feel pretty close.....
I will call them tomorrow see I can get one myself. Do you know if all they have are for those pre ordered only or do they have extra for those who did not pre ordered?