Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 17 Jan 2014 (Friday) 21:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FYI: Imageshack eliminates free photo hosting

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 17, 2014 21:10 |  #1

As of January 2014, Imageshack moved from imageshack.us to imageshack.com, redesigned the site, and eliminated free hosting. They now only offer a paid subscription model and free 30-day trial. After 30 days, if you don't pay up your pictures stay but you can't upload. The same applies to anything you had on the old imageshack.us - pay up or no more uploads.

Reference: http://imageshack.com/​promo (external link) (scroll down to read the Q&A)

sponsored links
drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 17, 2014 21:44 |  #2

Wow. I've been using Imageshack for hosting my forum images for years. I've seen their ads for a new site, but didn't really pay attention to what it was all about. I guess I'll be moving all of my pictures soon...

Not really a fan of Photobucket, or the new Flickr... other options?

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 19, 2014 08:56 |  #3

Anyone?

lar55
THREAD ­ STARTER
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 19, 2014 20:06 as a reply to  @ drvnbysound's post |  #4

Anyone?

I guess not.

In the interest of fairness, the new imageshack is probably cheaper than other paid hosting sites. They want US$2 per month, temporary promo special US$1 per month. On the other hand, once you measure them up against paid hosting sites (rather than free), I don't know...

Wikipedia: list of photo-sharing web sites (external link) (I don't know why the top table here doesn't list imageshack)

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 19, 2014 22:29 |  #5

lar55 wrote in post #16619486 (external link)
I guess not.

In the interest of fairness, the new imageshack is probably cheaper than other paid hosting sites. They want US$2 per month, temporary promo special US$1 per month. On the other hand, once you measure them up against paid hosting sites (rather than free), I don't know...

Wikipedia: list of photo-sharing web sites (external link) (I don't know why the top table here doesn't list imageshack)

Just like CC... I don't care what the price is, I'm not increasing my monthly expenses. I already pay for my own hosting, so I may as well look into hosting them there... just never wanted to have to do it that way. It's really no different either... even my own hosting... if I can no longer afford it, all of my pics will be deleted, and no longer shared on the forum.

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 21, 2014 15:45 |  #6

Hosting with such large traffic finally got to be unprofitable.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 21, 2014 17:44 |  #7

Kanye wrote in post #16624765 (external link)
Hosting with such large traffic finally got to be unprofitable.

Tell that to Google ;-)a

I've got 15GB of email storage. With the two accounts I have, make it 30GB... and I'd guess they get a decent amount of traffic each day.

John
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 23, 2014 20:39 |  #8

I was never a fan of posting your own photos on third party sites like Imageshack because I would never know how/when/where the images will be linked to and also because I would lose control of that image since you'd have to abide by their terms.

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

Kanye
670 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 23, 2014 20:47 |  #9

drvnbysound wrote in post #16625113 (external link)
Tell that to Google ;-)a

I've got 15GB of email storage. With the two accounts I have, make it 30GB... and I'd guess they get a decent amount of traffic each day.

Google?

They got a lot more departments going for them, especially as a search engine.

sponsored links

4,698 views & 0 likes for this thread
FYI: Imageshack eliminates free photo hosting
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.