Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 10 Apr 2012 (Tuesday) 10:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cant Access the Web Site : (

kbayashi
33 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 10, 2012 10:52 |  #1

I'm not sure if this is the right way to address my issue but any help would be appreciated. I've been taping this forum for a while now reading and learning quite a bit (haven't really posted anything yet). I recently picked up a used 60D and am now really getting into this but for the last month or so I can't access the forum from my home network. Now I'm no tech guy by far but I think Ive narrowed it down to some sort of problem with my IP address and the website.

Access to the PTON website "times out" on any computer or phone connected to my home network but I can take my laptop to a Starbucks or to work and it will work fine. My home network works fine for any other website. I even tried changing out the router (didn't work) and using my neighbors network with the same provider (did work). I also tried PM'ing the administrator for help but the in box was full and was not accepting messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sponsored links
Pekka
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 10, 2012 11:20 |  #2

First check that your browser is not using any proxy, firewall or block setting. Try another browser.

With your home connection, go to http://www.whatismyip.​com/ (external link) and then PM me the IP address you have there and I'll check it, and let me know also if it says it detects a proxy. We firewall lots of servers who spam POTN.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

marcosfalcao
55 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 09, 2012 07:29 |  #3

Pekka wrote in post #14241725 (external link)
First check that your browser is not using any proxy, firewall or block setting. Try another browser.

With your home connection, go to http://www.whatismyip.​com/ (external link) and then PM me the IP address you have there and I'll check it, and let me know also if it says it detects a proxy. We firewall lots of servers who spam POTN.

Good morning

I am experiencing the same problem. I used to be able to access from home, but for over a month, same thing happens to me. I can access from my phone or at any other location, but not from home anymore.

I tried with safari and firefox and still doesn't work. :(

Marcos Lins
http://www.equinoxexpo​sure.com (external link)

Toronto - Canada
Canon 5D Mrk II / Canon 7D Mrk II / Canon 24-70 f2.8 / Canon 50mm f1.8 / Canon 70-200 f4-IS / Canon 400mm f5.6/ Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro / Zeiss 21mm f2.8 / Speedlight 580EX II and I

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
20,886 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004

Nov 09, 2012 09:34 |  #4

marcosfalcao wrote in post #15225681 (external link)
Good morning

I am experiencing the same problem. I used to be able to access from home, but for over a month, same thing happens to me. I can access from my phone or at any other location, but not from home anymore.

I tried with safari and firefox and still doesn't work. :(

Please do what Pekka asked the last member to do. He needs your IP address in order to check.

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

marcosfalcao
55 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 09, 2012 09:54 |  #5

tommykjensen wrote in post #15226159 (external link)
Please do what Pekka asked the last member to do. He needs your IP address in order to check.

Will do!

Thank you! :)

Marcos Lins

Toronto - Canada
Canon 5D Mrk II / Canon 7D Mrk II / Canon 24-70 f2.8 / Canon 50mm f1.8 / Canon 70-200 f4-IS / Canon 400mm f5.6/ Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro / Zeiss 21mm f2.8 / Speedlight 580EX II and I

marcosfalcao
55 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 09, 2012 16:26 |  #6

Well, great news. I just accessed the website from home and it is working perfectly. I have no clue what has happened.

Thanks if someone did something! :)

Marcos Lins

Toronto - Canada

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Nov 09, 2012 16:42 |  #7

It was probably something with your ISP; it often is. They route through a slow switch and the request times out.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

jmikolich
388 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jan 06, 2014 09:57 |  #8

I'm reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue. Though this time I know I'm behind both a proxy and a firewall.

I've been enjoying a few weeks vacation from work, today I'm back at work and can't access the page or forums via the web.

I know it's not the work filter blocking the site, but suspect the site is blocking me since I'm coming through a proxy.

Can someone help me out?

-Jim
Canon 5D3,5D3,5D2,6D,24 f2.8 IS,35L,45 TS-E,50L,85 f1.8,70-200 f2.8L II,100L
Rokinon 14mm f2.8

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 06, 2014 10:21 |  #9

jmikolich wrote in post #16582100 (external link)
I'm reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue. Though this time I know I'm behind both a proxy and a firewall.

I've been enjoying a few weeks vacation from work, today I'm back at work and can't access the page or forums via the web.

I know it's not the work filter blocking the site, but suspect the site is blocking me since I'm coming through a proxy.

Can someone help me out?

Start with Pekka's request, and tell him the proxy you're using as well (and why you're using it to access POTN).

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

jmikolich
388 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jan 06, 2014 10:25 |  #10

Sent already!

Thanks Jon

-Jim
Canon 5D3,5D3,5D2,6D,24 f2.8 IS,35L,45 TS-E,50L,85 f1.8,70-200 f2.8L II,100L
Rokinon 14mm f2.8

niku2
21 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 19, 2014 16:47 |  #11

I have the same problem from long time now. I'm not using a proxy, and also tried other browsers without success... Only 4-5 times I could connect from home, lan or wireless.
There are olso other guys with the same problem http://www.flickr.com …iscuss/72157632​722617110/ (external link)
Now I write from mobile using data.
I enjoy this site and hoping admin to resolve the problem.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 19, 2014 18:08 as a reply to  @ niku2's post |  #12

tommykjensen wrote in post #15226159 (external link)

All of the above . . .

marcosfalcao wrote in post #15227587 (external link)
Well, great news. I just accessed the website from home and it is working perfectly. I have no clue what has happened.

Thanks if someone did something! :)

Jon wrote in post #15227628 (external link)
It was probably something with your ISP; it often is. They route through a slow switch and the request times out.

And this can account for quirky access. Expect things to get worse if "Net Neutrality" gets rolled over by the major ISPs.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

niku2
21 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 20, 2014 11:30 |  #13

I sent pm to Pekka, but he didn't answer.
I use an Asus RT N12E router, with pppoe connection type, and tried different settings without any good result. I don't use proxy, and the browser is chrome.
Can anyone help me, please?

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 20, 2014 12:48 |  #14

I'll check it out soon.

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 20, 2014 14:23 |  #15

Should work now, niku2.

sponsored links

2,401 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cant Access the Web Site : (
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.