Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Jan 2014 (Friday) 21:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5DII shutter feels....weird????

rivas8409
Goldmember
2,459 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 24, 2014 21:40 |  #1

So I just recently acquired a 5DII but sadly haven't had the opportunity to get out an shoot with it yet. I picked it up today to get things ready for tomorrow (finally going to get the chance to use it) and when I took a few test shots the shutter felt so different compare to my 50D. On the 50D the shutter button felt stiff but the 5DII's feels....mushy. Is that normal?

It's overall a different feel. When the mirror slaps up to take a shot it feels pretty substantial compared to the 50D. The best way I can describe it is the 50D feels like a click where as the 5DII feels like a swing. Normal?

Body: Canon 5DmkII│50D
Glass: Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8│Canon 85mm f/1.8│Canon 24-105mm f/4L│Canon 135mm f/2L
Lights: Flashpoint XPLOR 400PRO│Flashpoint Streaklight 360│Flashpoint Zoom Li-on│AB800
Results: WEBSITE (external link)FACEBOOK (external link)

Lenty007
221 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined May 2006

Jan 24, 2014 22:52 |  #2

I wouldn't worry about it much! Every camera has its own "personality" and indeed the 50d compared to the 5dII sounds very sturdy.
Whenever I shoot with the 50d it feels like the shutter is going to last for ever. The 5dII shutter sounds more "delicate".
The 5dIII shutter goes a long way in the direction of the 50d.
Good luck with the new goods!
Greetings,

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

453 views & 0 likes for this thread
5DII shutter feels....weird????
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.