Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 26 Jan 2014 (Sunday) 07:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 5 Raw converter PSC5

figo
702 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 26, 2014 07:03 |  #1

Does anyone know how to solve this problem:
"this version of lightroom may require the photoshop camera raw plug-in version 8.3"

Where can I find V8.3? Try to edit from Lightroom to PS 5 and the adjustments made to the raw file don't transfer to PS.

Frustrated!

Canon 1D MKIV, 1D MKIII, Canon 70-200 f2.8, Canon 400 f2.8, Canon 16-35mm f2.8.

sponsored links
NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,206 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 26, 2014 08:17 |  #2

Do you have the latest version of LR? (5.3)

Kev

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
1,026 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 26, 2014 08:25 |  #3

It gives me the option to "render with lightroom" if I'm only sending one file over to Photoshop. If i'm sending multiple, I have to export as DNG. Adobe doesn't put new versions of camera raw plugin with older versions of photoshop.

BLOG (external link)| flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

MattPharmD
255 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jan 26, 2014 14:24 |  #4

If you can't go to Adobe to get the ACR8.3 for your version of photoshop (not for CS5 I don't think), then I believe your choices are to upgrade (I have still seen physical CS6 copies), move to CC, or use the "Render with Lightroom" option. You could also export to TIFF first and then export those to PS I guess.

Photography is just a hobby for me.
Twitter: @PharmNerdMatt (external link)
Youtube:The PharmNerd (external link)

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,052 posts
Gallery: 547 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 27, 2014 05:00 |  #5

MattPharmD wrote in post #16638706 (external link)
If you can't go to Adobe to get the ACR8.3 for your version of photoshop (not for CS5 I don't think), then I believe your choices are to upgrade (I have still seen physical CS6 copies), move to CC, or use the "Render with Lightroom" option. You could also export to TIFF first and then export those to PS I guess.

The render in LR option actually does just that (well TIFF or PSD depending on perferences), but without the option to add export sharpening. Using the standard export dialogue you can also set up a saved export that will produce the TIFF/PSD file, add it to the catalogue and open it in PS. I think the only option that is not included is to stack the original RAW and the TIFF/PSD. This option will allow you to add export sharpening, not something I would recommend on an image you intend to do additional processing to. The only significant difference with any of the LR rendering options over having ACR do the rendering is that if you change your mind and don't want to save the image, you will have to delete the TIFF/PSD file from the hdd afterwards. The ACR rendering option only creates a TIFF/PSD file when you save the image.

If you click the remember setting option on the Export to PS dialogue that shows the warning LR will then use LR rendering as it's default option (well it does for me with LR4.4 & PSCS5). You can get PSCS5 to open your images and have ACR apply you conversion using PV2012 with the last ACR6.3 version (it's a manual download though). There are some limitations though. You cannot change any PV2012 options if you opend as a smart object, you would need to drop to PV2010. Also ACR6.3 will fail to implement the colour fringing/CA options, which may or may not be of concern. At least that is how it works for me, but I am using a camera that is supported by both PSCS5 and LR (EOS20D).

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

SYS
Cream of the Crop
13,755 posts
Gallery: 479 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 27, 2014 08:23 |  #6

I also have the same issues. When I do "render with lightroom" (one image), it seems like all LR processing got transferred over to CS4 except the sharpening. The image on CS4 always look like as if I did not sharpen the image at all in LR5. Is this normal is what you guys are saying?

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 27, 2014 17:31 |  #7

Hmm, the sharpening shows up to me, the "Input Sharpening", that is. We're not talking about the "Output Sharpening" that shows up in the Export dialog -- that will only show up if you export as a tiff or psd and then open it in Photoshop.

Note that the Input Sharpening can be more "subtle" than the output sharpening, expecially if you just apply a "touch" to make the image more pleasing to the eye. To test things out on an image apply a larger amount of the sharpening in the detail panel than you typically might prefer. Then, do the Edit in Photoshop (with the Lightroom edits applied) and view the tiff/psd in the Actual Pixels mode (100%). The fine details should show up with the Lightroom sharpening applied.

If you don't view it in the Actual Pixels mode, well, the fine details (and the Lightroom Input Sharpening) will tend to be obscured...

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

SYS
Cream of the Crop
13,755 posts
Gallery: 479 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 27, 2014 17:38 |  #8

tonylong wrote in post #16642201 (external link)
Hmm, the sharpening shows up to me, the "Input Sharpening", that is. We're not talking about the "Output Sharpening" that shows up in the Export dialog -- that will only show up if you export as a tiff or psd and then open it in Photoshop.

Note that the Input Sharpening can be more "subtle" than the output sharpening, expecially if you just apply a "touch" to make the image more pleasing to the eye. To test things out on an image apply a larger amount of the sharpening in the detail panel than you typically might prefer. Then, do the Edit in Photoshop (with the Lightroom edits applied) and view the tiff/psd in the Actual Pixels mode (100%). The fine details should show up with the Lightroom sharpening applied.

If you don't view it in the Actual Pixels mode, well, the fine details (and the Lightroom Input Sharpening) will tend to be obscured...

Thanks, I'll try that.

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

sponsored links

2,291 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 5 Raw converter PSC5
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.