Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 22 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) 12:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Contract for booster club

Supersteve911
613 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 22, 2014 12:09 |  #1

Hello all,
I have been shooting my local HS Hockey teams. I have had good results and parents really like my photos. I would like to approach the Booster club in the off-season and offer a contract to shoot the Boys and Girl's teams next year.
I was thinking this way they promote me and send parents to my web site, they get great pictures of their teams and I get access to the teams.
Anyone done this before and may I see examples of contracts? I am more looking for what is reasonable to charge. Do I charge per game? or a lump sum? I assume the Booster would get all the pictures (jpeg). I have never done this before but as I talk to people I am told to talk tot he booster or the AD. Well I know the HS isn't going to pay me but I would like a "in" so that if and when they ever go to State playoffs I can get credentials from the school.
Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time.

5D III | 24-105 | 85 1.8 | 70-200 II 2.8 | 2 430 EX II's | 580 EX II |

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 25, 2014 19:54 |  #2

I shoot several teams, I start the season by shooting the T&I. I do not charge them to attend home games, I post the photos on line for the parents to purchase, The parent clubs promote my site and at the end of the season, they purchase a slideshow for their annual banquet along with enlargements or posters for the seniors. If they have a booster book, I'll purchase an ad in it.

Once you have one team, others will contact you. Most HS kids play more than one sport and the parents that are involved in the club of one sport will want you to cover the other sport their kid is in.
I started with a football team and now cover both girls and boys sports. I limit myself to 2 teams (different sports) each season. The only exception is a swim team that is on the weekends. The T&I, along with the banquet purchases make it profitable for me. Without those things, I would only go to 1 or two games per team. Remember that it's just not time at the game but also in front of a computer that you have to consider. HAVE FUN!

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

Supersteve911
THREAD ­ STARTER
613 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 27, 2014 10:47 |  #3

Thanks Mike that is exactly what I was looking for. Do you have a contract with them then?

Do I just show up at a booster meeting with a portfolio and and a contract and talk with them or what is the best approach?

5D III | 24-105 | 85 1.8 | 70-200 II 2.8 | 2 430 EX II's | 580 EX II |

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 27, 2014 20:25 |  #4

No contract, it's all verbal. Once the season starts, I email the parents club for confirmation that they want a slideshow for their banquet and the cost of it. This way I have written confirmation.

You need to know if the booster club controls all sports at the school or are they really individual "clubs" If they cover all sports, they may expect you to. They may also want a kickback. At the very least, you should take an ad in their booster book and if they do not have one, find another way to give back to them as a thank you for the business.

I had worked with a school that had a booster club and much prefer working with individual team clubs. $265.00 may not seem steep to a club but multiplied, $2K may seem outrageous to a Booster club covering multiple sports.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,096 views & 0 likes for this thread
Contract for booster club
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.